Having read the latest reviews before arrival we were expecting the worst. However things were not too bad, there were 3 couples traveling and we were all put on the same floor (not in the main complex) The rooms were basic but we knew this when we booked!. Our rooms were opposite the Kasbah centre which comes alive/noisy from midnight so if you have a family you need to request a different block as it was difficult to sleep (without alcohol lol) The rooms were cleaned every other day and were fine, however one problem was the bathroom shower screen was far to "short" and this resulted in the floor becoming really wet. The security of the room was also not great, the patio doors were easy to break into if needed (although we never felt uneasy in the block). There was a kettle/toaster/hob/fridge and cutlery provided and even though there was no air-con in the room, if you opened the patio door and front door the room quickly cooled down.The TV - wouldn't bother, the only Chanel was BBC world news and that didn't have any volume on it - so you were only reading the headlines by subtitle! (beware there was hardcore porn - not good if you have a family)The pool area was very nice, never struggled to get a sunbed and they get the sun all day,although you cant put any towels out before 10.am otherwise they get removed (it is only 2.5 euros to hire a sunbed at the beach anyhow) We ate in the poolside bar and the staff were really friendly and prices really cheap. The location of the apartments was good as well, 5 mins walk and you are at the beach .So the question is - would I go to these apartments again, if I was on a budget - yes, don't be put off by the reviews, there were lots of people staying at the complex - we never heard anyone complaining - remember - not everyone puts reviews on tripadvisor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos Koka are located in the centre of Playa del Ingles, 500 metres away from the beach in Gran Canaria's resort. The Shopping Centers Kasbah and Metro are 100 metres away as well as several bars and restaurants. The complex offers an outdoor pool with sunbeds and umbrellas. All Koka apartments have a kitchenette with a kettle, coffee maker, toaster and a fridge. There is also a TV Sat and terrace or balcony. There are 70 one-bedroom apartments and 90 studios. The Koka complex has a poolbar where you can get a snack or a drink in the garden and a Tex-Mex restaurant. Staff can provide information about what to see and do in Gran Canaria. It is also possible to hire cars and book tickets at reception. Maspalomas Golf Club is 10 minutes away from Apartamentos Koka. There is also a bus stop right outside, which connects you with towns such as Vecindario (17 km), Airport (30 Km) and Las Palmas (50 km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Koka Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koka Apartments Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Koka Apartments Playa Del Ingles
- Koka Apartments Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles