Beverly Park Hotel
Ranked #124 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a hotel where I stayed with my family 4 times already over last 15 years. The first time was really nice, everything was clean and in good shape. The food was very good and the pool was better equipped even for jumping into the water. The second time was even better as we got a room in an appartment across the street, very well equipped and right next to the beach. They also got a jacuzzi so that's perfect.

Well but then we returned about 8 years later and it was quite a disappointment. The rooms are the same as 15 years ago, everything is getting really old and it is apparent even in the garden and two years ago, on our last stay there, there even was a part of the neon sign broken which seemed not very inviting.

However the good still remains, the food is ok, the location under almost million stairs right next to the beach is brilliant. It is well suited for long walks by the ocean in a very calm spot. I like (well liked) it there a lot. Oh and it was also very reasonable priced so maybe few years later, I'll return when there are not so many loud German tourists (in august they can give real hell when they are your neighbours) :)

Room Tip: Higher etages, however the lifts are not working very well
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jseta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 4th of June to the 11th, after the first 2 days the food didn't change was exactly the same every day so we ate out! Some staff are lovely, others are just rude! Room was clean enough I guess, View from our room wasn't that good, overall it was "ok" but wouldn't return!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Georgieee123
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel needs a refurbished but it's okay if you want cheap and cheerful! Rooms are clean and spacious - we had a balcony overlooking the pool area. Food was okay, plenty of choice but nothing overly exciting! Located in a residential area it's not far along the prom to the main area, and there is a supermarket a 2 minute walk away for snacks! Entertainment is a bit low budget but always caused a laugh whether it was meant to or not!! Staff are friendly and helpful, showing us areas of interest and telling us what bus to get of booking us a taxi!! This isn't a luxury hotel but then we didn't pay luxury prices - this was a week away last minute so not bad. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank PumpkinPye04
Reviewed 4 June 2014

After a 6 hour journey I arrived at the hotel who knew nothing about me!No booking in my name!I was told to have a seat whilst investigations went under way phoning my agent!The company my agent used had gone bust and even though I had all the relevant paper work stating my flights transfers and accommodation-theBeverley Park made me sit on arrival for almost 3 hours awaiting conformation I was told that they would get their money!No offer of refreshment toilet facilities or any basic human rights whatsoever!Eventually when they were guaranteed their money I was allowed to enter a room!The hotel itself is lovely but the rooms are small and pretty cramped!I went on a Bed and Breakfast booking and the breakfast was fantastic food great except the bacon!!!Heart Condition opportunity floating in grease!!!Breakfast is on a self service basis and is organised chaos!!I was sitting at breakfast one morning got up for another cup of tea- on my return to my table and breakfast a member of staff moved my breakfast to pile up my table with fresh table clothes taken from the mirrored cupboard behind my table!I felt I was eating in a launderette!The following morning again a cupboard was opened behind me and a member of staff tugging at large white rolls on a top shelf fell thumping me on the head!I constantly saw guests having to clear away used tables and turn the tablecloth over to sit and have their breakfast at a clean table!Staff were not keeping up with cleaning and making tables available!!!I was turned away from breakfast one morning as I was wearing a sleeveless tee shirt!Men must wear clothing covering their shoulders at all times!I pointed out some females wear at breakfast in strapless tops and was told the rule does not apply to ladies!Blatant Sexism!When I complained I was told I didn't need to have the breakfast I paid for!!! Pools were fantastic 3 in all and the activity team at pool side were brilliant too!Main hall where the entertainment is held of an evening is tired dated and in bad need of a make over!Very much reminds you of an old dated staff canteen with old metal tables and chairs!Staff could never at any time other than the Pool side entertainment Staff be accused of being warm friendly or pleasant!They don't smile !!!

Room Tip: Book overlooking the sea-but on the opposite side of the bin collecting at 3am!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shamusr07840
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel needs a good face lift,carpet needs changing,food always cold and not great choice,it's a great hotel for the elderly,bring your travel kettle and snacks etc!!! as you can get hungry later in evening

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leon B
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On the 17th April, we went to the Beverley Park hotel for a weeks all inclusive holiday. We were taking our Mum for her 70th, and a lot of travel companies wouldn't accept single room bookings, but Beverley Park and Co-Op Travel did.
We had the usual worries before arrival, as the weather wasn't forecast to be great, we wondered whether the buffet was going to be a mass free for all, with those not being there early enough left to fight over scraps, and we also wondered whether you had to get up at 6am to get a decent sunbed. Despite a bit of cloud, the weather was good, there were plenty of sunbeds, and the real surprise was the buffet - great variety and superb food every day.
We didn't intend to venture out much as Mum can't walk far, but we got taxis to the market which is worth a morning out, taxis and buses are really easy to get and can take you most places cheaply. Each day, we left Mum reading in the sun and my wife and I went walking down the prom which is 2 mins from the hotel. The prom leads you into the main beachside shopping, bar and restaurant areas, as well as the many beaches the resort has to offer. The nearest beach is 100 metres away. You do have to go up and down quite a few steps when heading towards Maspalomas, there are ramps however for pushchairs, plenty of benches and some lifts. It's an ideal way to try and burn off the holiday food and drink. During the day the hotel has a tennis court, table tennis, table football etc and there's also a entertainment rep who does archery, pistol shooting, bingo and other activities which we didn't do, but a lot of people did and looked like they were having fun. In the evening there were shows in the lounge, basic but fun. The poolside bar offered toasties, burgers and hotdogs if you just fancied a snack from lunchtime onwards, and the restaurant again never disappointed for lunches. The only negatives I would say are that the corridors to the rooms, and the rooms we stayed in were tired and dated. Nonetheless, for sleeping and getting ready there were comfortable enough. We were on the road side of the hotel, which wasn't a problem, the balconies are very private and after a day in the sun, it was nice to then be in the shade. The sun rises on the road side of the hotel in the morning, then sets poolside later.The rooms were kept clean, as were all the areas of the hotel. The hotel reception were very friendly and helpful, as were all the bar and restaurant staff. Overall this was a great hotel and we had a really enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank w00llyback
Luciano R, Director de Recepción at Beverly Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Thank you very much for your comments, we are very happy that your stay has proved satisfactory, your opinion is very important for us, this together with the continuous improvements that we are carrying out like new Smart TV, light system, hair dryer, new bed linen, wall droves, Wifi signal in all rooms, etc., encourages us to meet the expectations of our customers.
We also are in a process of implementation of ISO9001, 14001 EMAS Environment Care and 18001 at HRW Health and Risk at work.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
The Beverly Park Team

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have used hotel 3 times, I found it good for a 3 star. Not many English use hotel . Mostly Spanish,Italian,Germans. I went all inclusive. although most of drinks are only local stuff.
the food is quite good, 1st time i went they had a pool bar that is under main building quite smallish but was great for a evening drink without all the entertainment,that is mainly in Spanish.
in the main bar.

There is some very good restaurants along the the sea front ,after climbing up the long steps.
or going further along to the plasma center.for Irish bars were you can get a good English pint . If your traveling around the island.I would recommend Bed and breakfast only if eating out and about,or half board if you intending to go out for some night life.

On the whole its not a hotel that you would use if you wanted to stay around there all day apart from using the pools.

Room Tip: 6th/7th floor sea view best rooms. less noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family