“Don't go if you are British”
Review of Beverly Park Hotel

Beverly Park Hotel
Ranked #124 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have recently returned back from Beverly park hotel and have mixed feelings, as the hotel itself was clean and our family room was specious offering two separate bed rooms.
The food itself was poor offering the same food every night with little choice for the children.
The hotel however had some lovely features including three pools and two great Jacuzzis, but you must however get your sunbeds early other wise you will not get one after 8.
The location itself was great for the beach but for the entertainment, do not relay on the hotel as this was below average as it was all in Spanish including the kids club which was a huge disappointment. So if you have booked an all inclusive holiday aspect to be going out regular of an evening to entertain your children as the same Spanish singer was on three nights in one week. We as a family would not go back to this hotel as we found it was not for the British people, nothing on offer for us at all at this hotel and you could count on one hand how many British families were there and sometimes this was over whelming especially at meal times when all you could hear was German, Spanish and the polish people around you.

Room Tip: If you have a family please insist that you have a in connected family room as some families complai...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank birminghamcrew
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in April 2014 with my teenage daughter. The location of the hotel was great for the beach but you had to walk for about 15 minutes to get to an area which was lively.

The grounds of the hotel were great, spacious and clean. Plenty of sun beds to choose from and you did not need to run down to put towels down. The clientele of the hotel was mostly Germans/Russians who were very rude and would just push you out of the way.

The food for all-inclusive was disgraceful and not much choice. I lived on fruit for a week. The drink on all-inclusive was extremely poor. The attitude from staff when asking for drinks at bar was disgraceful. The size of drinks was so small it only involved two gulps before having to attend again.

The entertainment was non existent unless you were under 10 years of age. The area were the entertainment took place was like a school dining hall with plastic uncomfortable chairs, despite them having a nice area in the hotel to host entertainment.

The rooms were small but clean. I initially paid for land view which was grotty, smell of sewerage and walls were so thin I spent my first night awake with my neighbour snoring. I paid reception to move me to sea view which was 100% worth it and was the thing that made my holiday. The walls in sea view room were still thin as I had 1 couple making love loudly every waking minute and the other couple snoring ( very embarrassing when with teenage daughter).

I found staff generally quite rude and unhelpful apart from one young lady the day I was leaving. The staff were so rude they refused to sell my daughter an ice cream on the day of departure as we had checked out and were no longer customers of hotel, despite not getting picked up until 6pm.

I will never return to this hotel. It was a family hotel but was not worth £1500 for two people in April.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are nicer
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Siobhan H
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall the hotel is a little dated and could do with a makeover , however saying that it is clean. The air conditioning works and its FREE. There are three pools, two Jacuzzi and two paddling pools. You have to be up early to reserve a sun lounger as most are gone by 9am . The staff were efficient and pleasant .
The food was ok , a bit samey but I always found something to eat , and I also ate out too.
There was a lots of Germans etc. at the beginning of the week and they are rude but generally most of the guests were oK.
The beach is closer if you use the back gate and turn right .You can get the bus at The Tropical Centre or across the road opposite the garage. Please note a bus to Mogan Market on a Friday cost 8.30 euros each way , number 1 on the way to the Market and number 32 back .
If you decide to walk to the Lighthouse it is 6.5 km away , it does look closer but believe me it isn't . Please follow the sea and don't walk through the Dunes as it gets incredibly hot .The sand is soo hot you cant walk bare foot . The taxi fare to the lighthouse was 7 euros.
if I was to return to Gran Canaria I would look for a hotel in Maspalomas and there's more to do and its beautiful.
Overall a good holiday x

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have just returned from a week all inclusive stay with my boyfriend in Beverly Park hotel and felt as though I needed to express my opinions on it. It was generally a very good holiday, although the hotel could have hindered that.

The location to the beach was very good, about a five minute walk. Although the sand was far too hot to actually stand on for more than about a minute so unfortunately couldn't take full advantage of that. We also chose to upgrade our room to a sea view for an extra £35 each and it was well worth it. Opening my eyes to the view of the ocean every morning was definitely a highlight of the holiday.

The pools were also very nice, bare in mind they are quite cold though. Also was very impressed with the amount of jacuzzi's, although they did get very busy throughout the entire day. Unfortunately the sun bed situation was out of control during our stay. By around 9 o'clock in the morning most sunbeds would have been reserved even though it states that you were not allowed to do that. So we had to go to the pool around half 7 each morning to secure a sunbed for ourselves. We were also very disappointed to see that sunbeds were being reserved by people and not being used until around 2pm everyday by some people and nothing was being done about it whilst some families were having to lay on the floor.

The rooms were always cleaned daily and were to a good standard. However, I do not have a good word to say about our maid. We returned to our room one afternoon to find the maid cleaning and she began to shout at us in spanish and after explaining we could not understand her she began screaming 'catastrophe' and 'please improve your room cleaning tomorrow'. Bearing in mind that we had left a pile of dirty clothes on the floor and a few items on the dressing table, as we did not have time to keep the room immaculate as we were trying to enjoy our holiday. If that was not bad enough, I went up to the room the following afternoon to find she had put some of my clothes into the bidet! Which I found extremely immature and unprofessional.

The food was good if you enjoyed different variations of meat as there was always a different option every lunch or dinner, which my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed. However, if you do not eat a wide variety of meats or food covered in sauce then you will struggle as I sadly did. Although, the breakfast I thought was excellent with a wide range from pastries, to fry ups, to pancakes, to fresh fruit. Also, they did not label a lot of their food or incorrectly labeled them. They do sell pool snacks throughout the day though, including burgers and sandwiches. I do worry that children would struggle to find something to eat most of the time and was shocked to see that they did not cater for them. Baring this all in mind, out of the 7 nights we ended up going out for dinner as we were bored of the food which was awful considering we had paid to be all inclusive.

The entertainment was okay, but as a couple in our early 20's we had to venture out of the hotel a lot of the time. But luckily, about a 5 minute walk to the right of the hotel along the beach was some busy restaurants with live music and dance floors. Then if you walk around 10 minutes more in the same direction you will find a very lively area with bars and clubs, which was a great surprise to us after a couple of days of children's entertainment and piano players.

Overall, we did have a fantastic holiday but could have been drastically improved with a better hotel and better service from the staff who did not speak very good English. Although, the reception staff were always very helpful.

Would also definitely recommend visiting Aqua Land and Holiday World had a fantastic time at both of them!

I'd absolutely visit Gran Canaria again, though I probably would not choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend the sea view, worth the extra bit of money!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa I
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We came home from here Yesterday 10.08.14 afer 11 night alinclusive 2 families of 3.
The hotel is not so bad, the pools are lovely.

The food is distgusting nice if you like Veal not one baby highchair could be used before you cleaned it yourself always covered in food.

Evening entertainment is rubbish same 4 or 5 songs everynight at kids mini disco and a man playing a piano it seems the hotel only cater for Spanish and Germans and they are so ignorant.

I have never stayed anywhere were people are so ignorant they were 3 lifts and between both families we had 2 pushchairs so when we needed the lift you would wait soon as the doors opened the spanish and germans just pushed by you to get in SOOOOOOOOOO ignorant.

The carpets in landings were so thread bare and the rooms are so dated the whole place needs closing for a good makeover.

I have stayed in 3* hotels before and they have never been like this hotel.

We was told the hotel was on the beach and that we could pay an extra £70.00 for a sea front view im glad i never as the hotel is not on the beach and the beach nearby is still getting built with diggers and lorries on it.

Overall i would never return here again.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kerry H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Beverly Park hotel last week with 2 friends (all in our early 20s) and we had a great time at this hotel.

VALUE: The hotel is 3* and we bagged a great deal online and got return flights to Glasgow, Scotland + 7 nights all-inclusive for only £420. Safe hire was a 25 euro deposit for the week, which we got back upon returning the key. We also got wifi for 3 people for around 30-40 euros for the week.

ROOM: We stayed in room 260 and had a view facing the front entrance of the hotel (there was never any noise problems). Our room was very clean and the maids did an excellent job. Our beds+pillows were all comfortable and the shower/bath worked perfectly. The aircon was OK but not the best. Our only real complaint was that there was only 1 plug socket in our entire room (in the bathroom). An absolute nightmare for a room of 3 people when it came to charging our phones and getting ready at night. We did inquire about this at the reception and they told us this was the same in every room so we just went to the local shops and bought a multi adapter for $10.

CLIENTELE: The hotel had a mix of clientele, some old, some young, families, couples. A wide variety of nationalities also (although probably leaning towards more of a spanish majority)

SERVICE: All of the staff were nice and polite. The waiters in the restaurant were always smiling. The service at the reception was sometimes a little slow though, especially at busy check in periods. All staff had good english.

FOOD: For a 3* hotel me and my friends felt the variety of food available was great both in the restaurant and poolside.

LOCATION: Only a short walk to the beach and a 5-10 minute taxi to all of the main shopping centers and bars. We usually never had to pay over 5 euros for a taxi.

To touch on some points made by other reviewers:
-Getting a sunbed was usually never a problem as long as we put our towels down at around 9-10am.
-The "rendes vous" room smelled a bit funky, it does need a good air freshener. Also a majority of the plug sockets in here don't work.
-Taking drinks back to our room was NEVER an issue.
-Hotel/pool area was always very clean. No complaints.
-Had no problems using all 3 lifts.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed 30 July 2014

good quiet, but nothing to do for young peoples or singles its more for Seniors ....interesting payment sistem for your extras, or drinks at the pool but not bet easy to figure out nobody accepts cash you have to top up your room card at reception and use it . Diners long trousers for mens girl or womens no metter...intresting ...

Room Tip: i did ask for sea view room , but didnt get it...and for sure they had those sea view rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo