“Book a 2 bed apartment and you will be fine. Amazing roof garden.”

Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles
Ranked #112 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Book a 2 bed apartment and you will be fine. Amazing roof garden.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We read the reviews and were thinking the worst. When we arrived the place did not look too pretty but the room was large with the most amazing views. The mountains one way and the sea the other. We were room 1207. The lifts were a little slow but with 3 of them you could always get one. They have had a brand new pool with new sun beds and sun pads. All free to use when ever you like. Pop out the back gate, turn right and your on the beach in 2 mins. I was very surprised to find a lovely roof garden on the 15 th floor. The seating areas and tennis courts have been redone. The food was basic but edible. If you want waiter service you can pay for it from a different menu to the all inclusive. Drinks were plentiful and proper Pepsi labels were used. Yes the pool is next to a busy road but you can not hear it too much around the pool side. It's only a 10 mi. Walk along the front from the kasbar anaand 15-20 from the Yumbo. They had live music playing at dinner every night. The hotel has a shop and you can buy massages by the pool side. I'm glad I ignored the reviews and went with my gut feeling. Fantastic holiday. Well done Corona Roja.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Pond1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I would advise anyone against booking this hotel and have already prevented a family member from doing so, I have stayed in many basic hotels but this was a bit too much.
The shower curtain which is too short to reach the bath meaning water went everywhere in the bathroom and a total slip hazard as no bath mat, when I asked at reception I was given a dirty look and told I’d have to wait till the following day for an additional bath towel to lay on the bathroom floor, this towel was never given to us.
I was fined 20 Euro's for taking a pot of olives to the pool as I was all inclusive I was not allowed to take food out of the restaurant but self catering guests could!! there is no hairdryer so you have to rent one for a minimum a week at 12 Euro's with a 10 euro deposit, on departure surprise surprise my deposit was not waiting for me so they scammed yet more money out of us.
The cleaners and bar staff were very nice but the management and some reception staff could do with a lot of help in customer service, oh and apart from the olives the food was basic, chips, nuggets, salad, spaghetti bolognaise, although we were all inclusive we ate out all evenings apart from the 1st night.

Room Tip: Just don't book!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Caine95

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

A basic hotel offering good value for money. Perfect place to rest your head. Rooms are clean and housekeeping is regular. Beds are fairly comfortable. Very near the beach and some local restaurants not far away. Pool can sometimes be shadowed by the sheer height of the hotel, best sunshine times are before 3-4pm. Would come back for another budget holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Harrison R
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

When reading so many bad reviews after booking we were a little concerned, but on arrival we were pleasantly surprised !

We went self catering and our room was on the 8th floor. The room was much larger than expected with a large balcony. It has separate bathroom & bedroom with separate beds, which you could not move as they were bolted to the wall. Very Clean, although a bit dated & tired. There was no kettle, toaster or grill, which I believe is quite common these days, so if your a typical Britt who loves there tea and toast in the morning - bring your own! The hotel does do a great buffet breakfast, for €5 per person and if an item of food is not present just ask and they will cook it for you, which I though was impressive for a budget hotel.

The pool was medium sized and clean, never busy and plenty of sun loungers, the pool is not deep, so great for cooling off and great for kids.

The location of the hotel is spot on, 2 mins walk to the beach, 2 mins walk to the bus station and taxi rank, plus about 15mins walk to the main beach and sand dunes. Taxi fairs are impressive €3 to the Yumbo Centre, €7 to Aqua Land Water Park.

The hotel does have WiFi at a cost, but does have plenty of computers available for checking emails, Facebook etc. One tip though for iCloud users, use the PC's in the reception area as there are updated and to access your emails you need to type in 'Google.co.uk' as it defaults to google.es, once your on google.co.uk, search iCloud.com and access your emails that way otherwise it won't work.

The hotel staff are friendly and extremely helpful and I would staff in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Sean S
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After reading several bad reviews we thought we had made the wrong decision about booking this hotel but we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very clean and well kept (much better than the pics we had seen before the visit) and maids cleaned the rooms nearly every day. The reception staff were also friendly.
We travelled to the hotel as a group of 4 (2 couples) we stayed on the 8th floor and our friends stayed on the 2nd floor (this is the only floor of the hotel that rooms dont have a balcony) which annoyed them as that meant they couldn't air the room - I would recommend asking for a higher up room unless you take children there.
Our room and balcony was quite spacious, the only issue was the 2x single beds were nailed to the wall so we were unable to push them together. The bath was also small but this wasn't an issue as we just showered everyday (the weather was far too hot to want a bath) - we always had warm water if we chose to use it.
For a self catering room it did lack certain items e.g toaster and kettle.
We ate breakfast a couple of times during the week which was €5 for an all you can eat buffet, not amazing but good value for money.
From the food we had from the hotel I was glad we went self catering, it wasn't great and there is a fab restaurant round the corner called gaurapos 2 which was fantastic! We ate here most nights.
The hotel is in a great location, 2 minute walk to the beach and restaurants and 15-20 minute walk to the sand dunes. It's only €3 to the yumbo centre in a taxi and around €7 to aqua land water park.
The hotel also had access to the internet.
We never had any trouble getting sunbeds around the pool and there was a nice mix or English and Spanish visitors.
Its not an outstanding hotel but for value for money it was excellent. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Hoj123
ferbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in the crona roja from the 16th june till the 1st july 2014
I read the reviews and dident expect much ,the place was very nice
well kept ,very clean ,staff very friendly .rooms were cleaned every day
except Sundays, towels changed every second day ,beds changed once
a week ,we were on the 10th floor beautiful view, beds materesses and
umberella were all free ,We went all inclusive you get moneys worth plenty
of food ,maybe there is some you don't like but there is always something
you can eat .very near to everything taxis cheap ,just 5 minutes from the beach
I don't know what people expect but I was more than pleased ,you have to put
money into the t,v which can be expensive but most places you have to do that,
I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1006 the 10th floor 2 bedroom apartment plenty of space no complaints what so ever
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ferbanemary
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions for 14 nights. The rooms are quite nice and the room we stayed in had two bedrooms each with two single beds. The rooms are clean and the maid comes in 5 times a week to clean.
The hotel itself is very basic, you have a pool and a bar and there is a supermarket next door for you to do your own shopping. For the most part the staff are ok, but can can come across as being a bit grumpy at times.
The hotel is in a good location and you can walk to the beach in 5mins or to the nightlife in 20 mins. It is also just around the corner from the bus and taxi station so if you wish to go on trips or anything it is perfect.
The only negative is that you have to put a euro in to watch the TV, this lasts for about 30mins so if you want to watch a film or anything it can a bit expensive.
I would recommend this hotel if you want a good location and for just using it as a place to sleep it is ideal. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#83 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
Apartamentos Amazonas
Apartamentos Amazonas
#61 of 135 in Playa del Ingles

Been to Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles? Share your experiences!