I stayed here with my partner and friend from the 2nd to 9th July and arrived late at night - just before 9pm. The staff on reception were great and took our bags and quickly rushed us into the main restaurant so we didn't miss the evening service. Even though we only had a minute to pick our food it was better than going without and having to find a restaurant after a long journey. Once we had eaten we checked into our rooms and we had been put next to our friend which was a nice bonus. The rooms were a lot bigger than I expected with a large balcony and living area. The bedroom was a good size and had plenty of storage but the bathroom could have been a bit bigger and make the living area smaller. The bedroom had a fan above it which was sufficient to keep you cool at night even in temperatures approaching 30 degrees C outside. One small complaint here is that the fan was pretty noisy and made it difficult to get to sleep some nights but our friend's fan next door was completely silent. We made use of the fridge in the room by keeping bottles of drink for the evenings and these were a nice touch as you don't usually get fridges in all inclusive hotels.The rooms were cleaned every day and towels replaced every other day.
The pool area was good but to get a decent place in the sun you need to be up around 8am and there are a few activities throughout the day with intermittent music on some days. The poolside bars open at 11am so if you want a drink before then you can only have orange juice or water.
Overall the food was good with different dishes to chose from every day. We stayed for a week and the menu didn't repeat itself but there was usually a couple of fish dishes, veal, pork, chicken, cheese selection, pasta, salad and ice cream.
The negatives that I need to point out are:
The staff - terrace bar staff are extremely slow and talk to their friends while you stand there wanting a drink. If you want a meal at the terrace bar then you need to get the attention of the staff about 5 times before they bring you ONE menu for the table and then take a long time to come back for your order and then even longer to bring the food out. If you're lucky they will bring your meals together. This being said, I recommend the steak on a stone as this is a novel way of having a steak meal allowing you to cook it how you like it.
Noise - We stayed in the part of the building on the opposite side to the reception/restaurant area so we thought it would be quieter as the night entertainment happened indoors near the restaurant but we could still hear it clearly in our room until late at night. This didn't bother us much as we usually went out at night but you wouldn't be able to have a quiet night on the balcony and I wouldn't want to imagine how loud it was in the rooms directly above it.
Overall the hotel was very good and is currently in the process of being modernised. The rooms have a great view overlooking the pool and are cleaned to a reasonable standard and as previously stated are larger than you would expect for the price. There were a lot of older people here and people with disabilities as the hotel is disability friendly with the ground floor rooms but it is mostly couples 25-40yrs with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eugenia Victoria Hotel is one of the most popular 3 star hotels in Playa del Ingles and offers something for everyone with multiple attractions, sport and leisure. It has one of the largest SPA center of Playa del Ingles, with free access for clietents of the hotel. It also offers a free shuttlebus to go to the beach. The hotel has many modern facilities and a wide range of cuisine what make the Hotel Eugenia Victoria the ideal place for a pleasant and relaxing holiday. From a privileged location in Playa del Ingles, the Hotel Eugenia Victoria has excellent facilities and spacious gardens that help to make your stay in Gran Canaria a real pleasure. Playa del Ingles is the best known of the island of Gran Canaria tourist area with a lot of shopping malls and leisure facilities, great entertainment during day and nighttime and with a good public transport connection to all directions. There is a free parkingplace on the side of the hotel and wi-fi is free of charge and available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Eugenia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles
- Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria
- Hotel Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles