Stayed for a week in October as a grown up family.
At check-in the Hotel take a scan of your passport. My birthday happened to be during our stay and without any of my family asking the hotel organised for a bottle of fizz for my room with a letter from the hotel wishing me a Happy Birthday. This was completely unexpected and so generous!
Hotel location is great. Only a few mins walk from the beach, a 10 min walk to Kasbah and 15 min walk to the Yumbo centre. Taxis are also incredibly cheap in playa del ingles.
Although the hotel was busy, we never felt it was too busy - always finding space by the pool or a nice table for dinner.
The food was fantastic. Such a great mix. We stayed for a week and really didn't find it repetative at all. There's a fantastic sald bar, a huge selection of cooked and cold meats. There's something for everyone. Dinner staff were exceptional.
The maids did such a good job. Our rooms were always immacuately cleaned every day and the hotel itself was absolutely spotless.
I'm really embarassed that UK travellers have commented there were too many Germans at the hotel. If they'd looked around properly they'd have seen that there was a huge mix of different countries in the hotel - it is an international hotel. We loved this, the staff are all talented at speaking a variety of languages and it was alot of fun playing bingo in french, english, spanish and german!
Only now realised reading other peoples reviews that there was no air-conditioning. Really suprised to read that as the hotel was always nice and cool!
Can't give enough praise to IFA continental. We'll definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IFA Continental Hotel is situated very near to the centre of Playa del Ingles, a few minutes walk from Playa del Ingles beach, the promenade and numerous leisure and shopping centres. The magnificent Playa del Ingles, with its famous sand dunes and its 6 kilometers in length, offers a perfect setting to have long and pleasant walks next to the sea, besides being located next to one of the most enjoyable and entertaining tourist zones of Gran Canaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your IFA Continental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- IFA Continental Hotel Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles