“Excillent”

IFA Continental Hotel
Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having arrived on the hotel was a nice welcome and staff at reception was nice, all in all the hotel is nice just odd bits that let it down like middle swimming pool was salty and lack of sun beds! And is hard to get a tablet and chairs outside a night. Exillent food!! You will not go hungry theres tons of food and a good range to choose from including diserts!. Rooms were nice and clean, bedroom and bathroom cleaned every day Also was my birthday when I was there and got a lovly knock on door from staff with a bottle of champaign 2 glasses and a card :). Walking down the sea front is nice just watch out for reps and africans selling totaly rubbish and grabbing your arms trying to put wrist bands on!. If your visiting you must go to holiday world 5 mins away in a taxi and yumbo centre I think its called also! ENJOY!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe E
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at IFA Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guests,

We appreciate that you have left your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. We will pass your comments to our staff to continue working with efficiency and enthusiasm.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

No complaints what so ever..food was excellent the room was nice one minor criticism was no air con..pool was lovely staff were friendly..shopping centre 2 mins walk beach 5 mins walk away..Burger King & mcdonalds too..would deffo go back..julieann & rob from Doncaster

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank julieann w
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

just returned from here and we thought everything was spot on..food 10/10 pool area 10/10 room 9/10 would of been 10 if it had had air con..shops 2 mins away..beach 5 mins walk..staff very friendly..plenty of pool activities aqua gym volleyball etc..no complaints what so ever got checked in very quick..we arrived at 9pm so they provided us with a buffet meal which was nice of them..nothing was too much trouble for anyone..loved it and would deffo go back..julieann & rob Doncaster

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 'Julieann W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would rate this hotel as average, and its only a 3 star hotel so i suppose that's not bad!

We were given a room on the 6th floor with a lovely sea view, was not expecting this so this was a nice bonus and a good start to our holiday.

The room was nice enough, decorative and size was good, couldn't get used to having carpets in the room tho, thought this was a little odd, also there was no fridge or air conditioning and it did get a bit warm, I found it quite difficult to sleep for long in the humid temperature, but saying that i knew there was no air conditioning before we arrived but i thought it wouldn't be an issue. The pillows we had were like rocks, ive never experienced anything quite like it. Still, we didnt spend much time in the room so we were willing to overlook this.

The food was ok, we were all inclusive, i found something to eat every day but the quality was not the best, ive stayed in 2 other all inclusive s in Gran Canaria and i felt that this one was my least favorite. But like i said you will always find something to eat.

If you want a sunbed at the pool be up by 8am, They open the doors to the pool area at 8am and at 7.45 people are already waiting to run out and get the best spots, ive never noticed anything like this before.

The all inclusive drinks were good, you could help yourself to the beer and soft drinks and just ask the bar man for anything else you want and they were happy to help.

Location is great, 5 mins walk to the beach.

I have stayed in better hotels on the island, i doubt I would come back to this hotel.

There was nothing massively wrong with the hotel, just i think i want more quality when I go away and better food. I will definitely be booking a hotel with air conditioning a fridge and wifi, I like my comforts :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex D
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at IFA Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking your time in leaving your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We regret to know that your expectations of our services and facilities were not satisfied 100%.
It is really important for us the customers´ opinion, because it help us to improve our services. We will pass your comments to our different departments to let them know where we have to act.

We would appreciate your visit in our hotel in your next holiday.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Before I start i just want to state that this review is purely on the hotel itself and reflects on nothing that I did or experienced outside of the hotel.

For ease I will also split each point of the hotel down in sections, ok here we go:

1. Presentation Of Hotel 3 out of 5

From the outside the hotel looked like a bunch of prison blocks but to be fair inside it was very nice and clean. The pool area was beautiful as it had plenty of plants, trees, and fountains e.t.c

2. Food 0 out of 5

This was a huge disappointed and I'm glad that as a family we opted for the BNB option rather than all inclusive because apart from the great range of variety that the hotel offered the food quality was shocking. And I'm not over exaggerating here when I say that this was one of the worst breakfasts that I have ever had anywhere, there was no English sausage, the bacon was greasy, the egg was way over done, the pancakes looked as if they were swimming in urine, it was poor. My partner also complained that the cereal was consistently stale.

Another problem was if you wernt all inclusive and you payed to have dinner there (only did a couple of times for convenience) you were badgered by the staff for not having a band on, even though we payed!!!!!! One night I was harrassed five times!!! Was not impressed.

3. Rooms 3 out of 5

The rooms were quite nice, although the bed was a little hard. The shower was the best shower that I have ever seen in a hotel, it was really powerful. Unfortunately the rooms did not have air con or even a ceiling fan so some nights were pretty uncomfortable. There is also no hairdryer

Other than that for a 3 star it was pretty good.

4. Swimming pools 3 out of 5

The pools were lovely and clean and they also look nice however there were a bit cold.

I hated the fact that you could not use balls and lilos which was a bit miserable to be honest.

Another major annoyance was how hard it was to get a sunbed you had to camp out by the sunbeds by around 8ish otherwhise they would remove your towels.

CONCLUSION

Overall I really enjoyed my holiday and we all had a great two weeks, there's a lot of great excursions to go on and the hotel is round the corner from the beach and plenty of shops, bars and restaurants but I would not particularly recommend the hotel to anyone it was mediocre at best with a few nice bits but I have stayed in a lot nicier, for a 3 star I suppose I shouldn't complain too Much but I feel with a few slights tweaks and adjustments the hotel could easily achieve a four star rating.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David T

Dear guests,

Thank you for having left your review of our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your holiday.
Although we have so many good reviews about the food in our hotel, we regret that you did not find it as you have expected and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
In order to improve our services, we will pass your comments to the departments involve.

We would like to welcome you again in our hotel if you decide to visit Gran Canaria.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

me and my partner have just returned and it was perfect..the choice of food was immense..pool area spot on hotel room was what you expect from a room just one minor criticism was no air con in room..so just had the patio door open alot..but on the whole we loved it and would deffo go back..julieann & rob from doncaster

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel the food is fab with so much choice. Rooms very clean and cleaned e every day. Lovely pools and great location for the beach about 2 mins walk. If you wanna go yumbo centre its bit 9f a walk so best to get a cab which only costs 3 euros. Am going back in October for second visit and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Richard D

Dear guests,

Thank you for having left your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We appreciate a lot your comments and we are pleased to know that you have had a fantastic holiday in our hotel.

We are looking forward to your next visit in October.