“Excellent”

IFA Continental Hotel
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel was friendly, welcoming and relaxing. The food was excellent. The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none. The staff were all very professional and friendly. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Jazmaz

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Anyone who says anything bad about this hotel must be mad! I stayed for 14 nights with my boyfriend (both 19) and we had an amazing holiday! Reception staff are very friendly and helpful upon arrival and always helped out when we needed them. Cleaners are brilliant and kept the whole hotel spotless. Waiters were friendly and cleared the plates quickly which was good. There was also plenty of food and different choices everyday. Breakfast was a bit repetitive but didn't expect anything more than that.
The pool area is lovely and has loads of sunbeds, so as long as your down before 9 you will get a spot in the sun no problem.
The entertainment staff were brilliant, guy called Simon joined in and ran all of the water activities and a blonde curly haired woman held all the evening entertainment and she was excellent!! Weather was boiling so was nice to get into a cold pool to cool off! There is a bus stop just round the corner and plenty of supermarkets nearby.
I also read reviews about there being loads of older people and German people but have no idea what that was about, it's is completely varied!
There is a restaraunt overlooking the sea behind the bus stop which is a must, food and service is amazing!
Overall the hotel was perfect and should have been a 4* if not 5!!
The only downfall was no aircon and no fridge which you could pay for if you really needed it.
Also the resort was a bit scattered around. There wasn't really a main tourist area so you have to walk around to find places.
Athough this hotel didn't have a modern feel to it, it was absolutely perfect and gave us the most amazing holiday!!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Ninajayne14
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel my first visit to Spain with my husband the staff are really friendly the food was lovely so much choice not once was I stuck for something to eat and I am a very fussy eater wifi not very good the rooms was very clean and got clean towels every day I would definitely stay her again thank you for a lovely holiday

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank sootyManchester
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Good holiday went with 3 friends all aged 22, Hotel is very clean, staff are always smiling and willing to help plenty of activities and things to do during the day and always found something I wanted to eat always enough choice, rooms we're always clean only downfall is the fact there is no air con which isn't too bad because you can open balcony door, but if your at the road side it does get very noisy if you leave it open all night, one disappointing thing for me about the rooms was there was no fridge so if you brought water or anything back to have while your in your room they didn't last long but that's the worst thing I could probably say about this hotel everything else was great really enjoyed it, I would say it's more of a couples hotel though rather then groups of friends there was a lot of young couples when I went and if I went back I think I would rather go with my partner.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lewis H
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at IFA Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for having left your opinion of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We appreciate a lot your comments about our staff. We will pass them to our different departments to let them know your nice review.
In order to add more information that could help to other people, we inform that guests are able to rent an air conditioning unit at reception.

We would like to welcome you in our hotel in your next holiday in Gran Canaria.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have just returned from a brilliant holiday at this hotel. The staff are very freindly and the cleanliness of this hotel is second to none. We arrived late to be checked in quickly and offered food they had put by for us which after a 10 hour journey we were thankful for as the restaurant had already closed. Our room was 601 we loved it brilliant seaviews and spotless, yes theres no air con which for some maybe an issue but it was 30 while we were there and to be honest we never found this problem, and fans can be hired if it was.
The food was lovely and we never struggled for something to have at any meal. Drinks were fine and we thought the entertainment day and night was good olga and zimon were really gud there was loads of activities in the day an entertaiment every night.
It was my husbands birthday while we were there and staff left a bottle of champagne, 2 glasses, and a lovely card in the room a brilliant touch i thought.
We will definatly be returning to this hotel hopefully next year and would like to thank the staff for a excellent holiday.

4  Thank Julie B
LopesanHotelGroup, Public Relations Manager at IFA Continental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you for leaving your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We appreciate a lot your nice words. We will pass them to our staff.
We are pleased to know that you have found our services and facilities of your liking and that you have enjoyed with the entertainment activities.

We would like to welcome you in your next holiday in Gran Canaria.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We just got back from two weeks in this hotel, my husband and I are 26 and we came with out baby boy who is 1. The hotel looks unattractive outside but once you get in and are greeted by the friendly reception staff you feel at ease. Lovely lobby and fast lifts. Room was nice and one thing about this hotel is it is so clean. I often saw them shampoo the carpets and the maids did a fantastic job. Food was lovely lots of choice, loved the Stilton cheese and avacado and my hubby said the best pate he ever tasted. The waiters loved my son and were so friendly, I honestly can't fault the staff atall. Entertainers were lovely, especially a curly haired blonde entertainer who used I make my son giggle when she ran up To him, lovely lady. Pools were goer groups and clean, three separate pools and lots of jacquizzis hidden away to relax in. Only reason I'm giving a star less than perfect is I think air con would have made this hol perfect, although we brought a fan which was sufficient and also you can't get a drink after 11pm on all inclusive unless you pay and between breakfast and 11am no drinks either which is a pain as we had to go shops each day. Other than this lovely place, lovely staff, lovely location, just watch. Out for he black woman down the front ignore them as they are awful and con artists will try and put a band on your hand and then curse you if you remove it. Yumbo is a must visit so funny ! Do not hesitate to book this hotel, you won't regret it. Everyone I spoke to on holiday loved it. We made lots of friends, also on our birthday they go a card and champagne in our room which was sweet.

Room Tip: Wifi rubbish don't buy it in your room as temperamental. We were on 5th floor but all rooms nice...
3  Thank Burgess667

Dear guests,

Thank you for leaving your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. You have given very helpful information. However, we would like to add that the fridges are available at reception to rent.

We would appreciate a lot if you decide to visit us in your next holiday.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This holiday
I came here with low expectation because of the review I mean who go on holiday just to go to a gym?! Come on.
The pool was very cold but what do you expect there outside there not going to be like a sauna.
Came here on the 3rd of July with my partner and another couple baring in mind where ages between 19&24 so we like a drink/laughs/loud.
The food it's...OK! But I wasn't expecting fabulous for 3* the staff are friendly but don't talk really much for my liking because I'm a chatter box and never shut up haha. The rooms are pretty basic so if you don't go all inclusive you don't have no where to cook food or what not. The hotel itself how ever is beautiful & big just the down fall is the rooms need abit of TLC.
Also there's shop under the hotel so if your wanting water for your room it's quick and easy. Has for the room again there a fan travel about the hotel what we got given from another couple so look out for it because if not you have to pay £6 per day for one so we was rather lucky. Over all I wouldn't come back to this hotel, not for young couple more for old couple and family's.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beccy088

Dear guests,

Thank you for having left your review of our hotel in Tripadvisor.

We regret to know that our services and facilities did not satisfy your expectations. We will pass your comments in order to improve them.

We would like to welcome you again in our hotel if you decide to come back to Gran Canaria.