“Horrendous doesn't come close!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chez Funny Boyz
St Helens
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Horrendous doesn't come close!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is vile! We only stayed to watch one song because it was so bad! Do not go here! Ricky's is still the best place to go!!

1 Thank MatP1990

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Bland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We thought we'd give this place ago as it's new & was looking forward to it however it's not drag cabaret as we know it. It all felt very amateur & seemed to be more about cheesy dance routines & pretty boys which while being easy on the eye, it isn't good for laugh out loud humour & a top night. This show may appeal to some however, good old fashioned crude humour & glitz & glamour is the way drag should be.
Leave the drag to the guys who do it best - Ricky's & Sparkles :)

Visited November 2013
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“A much needed new venue in the Yumbo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

A very entertaining show in a new venue, 2nd floor above Ricky's. Nice spacious place, busy but you can always get a seat. Friendly table service. Very reasonable prices. Just what the Yumbo needed and a million times better than Sparkles (went there once five years ago, the drag queens aren't just cheeky/rude they're downright vile and insulting). Chez Funny Boyz....... you've got it right and I wish you every success.

Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Chez Only Very Funny in Parts Boys”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The best bits - The Can Can - professional, amazing energy and got the best applause and encore, encore. The same two dancers doing the Rumba - comedy par excellence ! The straight (can I use that word?) forward drag - lip (out of) synching was a bit cringe making. And the one that really sang using his own voice needs singing lessons. Pulling the mic away on top notes is a bad habit. Belting out a number as loud as possible detracts from the words and emotion of a song- a bit too much ego - how good am I? Well could be a lot better if it was toned down a bit, let the words and emotion come through not just top whack volume! Worth a visit - most definitely - plenty of Jack Daniels and as some other reviewer said 'a big pinch of salt'.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best drag show ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My friends and me fell in love with this show. I wish to have in London a place like Chez Funny Boys. We discovered our first night and we couldn't resist to see the show every single night of our holidays. Very glamorous and professional drags performing. Best choice of clothes, songs, lights and performers. They don't waste time talking a lot so the show its very dynamic and you can feel like in a kind of drag concert.
My friends and me still talking and having good though about this place.
Personally I decided to book a new flight as I want to repeat such a lovely experience in this place.
My favourite is Claudia as she does a perfect show. She is a brilliant dancer and interpreter and she have an amazing body.
Funny boy (the owner I guess) is charming and very funny. She is very versatile. She can dance, do a comic show or do a new dress in few seconds in the scenario for her colleagues. Anne have a great smile.. She is this kind of people who can cheer you up in one of your worst days.
Alexia is very versatile as well and very funny.
All of them are fabulous. Very grateful with them for make my holidays a lovely experience.

Visited July 2013