“Good food, good service.”

Restaurant Valentines
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Balen, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We eat there 2 times, good food, good service. You can order in many languishes. The view over the Yumbo is also very nice when you sit at the balcony. Waiter Martin was a darling. Welcome drink free, amuse free, and shot after also free. We will come back.

Visited August 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“good food ; wonderful staff ; nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

VIsited this place as we felt like having French.
Wonderful, nice, quirky restaurant. Staff were friendly.
Explained the food to us very well - not that the menu was difficult to understand....
Could not forget the sweetbread as starter - delicious, not chewy.
Pork tenderloin - cooked perfectly , tender, delicious and tasty.
Overall we had good dining experience ; definitely back again!

Zurich
“A very good restaurant”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I wrote this review a few days ago in the entry for Valentine's that I found. However the address was given as Las Palmas. So, I'm re-printing it here in its proper home of Playa del IngIes.

I cannot believe that I overlooked writing a review for this elegant, stylish restaurant, which my partner and I visited last February. It was a happy experience from beginning to end. We were looked after by two waiters who were both professional and so friendly that they made up for the lack of atmosphere that an almost empty restaurant can have. We even got to talk to the chef before leaving and she proved to be equally friendly. She is also a very accomplished cook. Good quality ingredients, creative presentation, very tasty. My partner's main course and both our starters were top class. My medallions of pork were tender and lean but were lacking in flavour, otherwise this would have been a five-star review. Good wines plus a complimentary cava at the beginning to sip while we browsed through the menu - a nice touch. I cannot understand why more people do not patronise this place. It is way above average.
Since then, I've been back again. But that deserves another (good) review.

London, United Kingdom
“the best food in playa del ingles!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

it's not "one of the best meals I've ever had", it IS the best meal I've ever had! the only place I've been to in playa del ingles that has a bit of class and romance to be honest! my husband and I have been there every holiday, he proposed there, we went on our honeymoon and we've just been again on the anniversary of the proposal. the staff actually recognised us which considering it's been a year between visits I think is wonderful service. yes, the meals cost more than most restaurants in playa del ingles but when you compare a 3 course meal with wine and liqueur coffee for approximately 100 euros for 2, that's still considerably cheaper than you'd pay for the same quality in the uk. I had a smoked salmon starter with truffle sauce, sirloin steak served with duck liver and prawns. both were EXCEPTIONALLY good, I hope they still have those items on the menu next year as I'm sure we'll go again! hubby had the fois gras (as he does every year!) and the chateau briane (can't spell it lol sorry!), both of which he really enjoyed! then my husband and I elected to share the chocolate muffin with ice cream desert (it was classier than it sounds, I can't quite remember the name of the desert, and we shared as we were both so full after the first 2 courses!) and because they remembered us and we were celebrating they actually gave us a small platter of all the deserts, which were all fabulous, and were only charged for what we ordered. we also shared a litre of the house white, delicious and reasonably priced and the whole lot came to 90 euros. like I said, still a lot cheaper than the uk an the service was exception too. sooooooooooo going next year, it's become a tradition!

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Friends and I visited here on our 4th night, after two previous nights of average food; we wanted to treat ourselves, and this was a great treat.

The food was outstanding, especially the tenderloin; the service was a little slow. Although the food and charm of the waiters made up for it.

Visited July 2014