“Great Location & Friendly Place”

Apartamentos Las Faluas
Ranked #67 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you are looking for 5 star accommodation - This Is Not for you!!
For my wife and I, this place was ideal. Not too fussy - but clean & central and we were well looked after by friendly & efficient staff.
The room had all that we needed and the cleaners were excellent - even down to making the beds for us.
The restaurant attached to the hotel was always busy - and you could see why with decent food at a reasonable price.
A special mention must go to Isham - the shaven headed Moroccan Barman - always a friendly face and chirpy character (Loves his catch-phrase 'Nice Cuppa Tea'!!)
We went for a winter break & enjoyed some lovely weather and came back nice & tanned.
Location was excellent for both the Kasbah Centre & the Irish Centre.
Be warned though:
Be prepared for the 'Timeshare' pests who constantly hang around the entrance to the Kasbah (Favourite ploy is to give you a 'Winning Scratchcard') ....'WOW - YOU ARE A WINNER !!!!!' WHY AREN'T YOU JUMPING UP AND DOWN????' - er perhaps it's because I arrived by plane - not just sailed in on a banana boat!!
In the evenings you WILL be constantly badgered by people trying to get you to eat at their restaurants so again be warned.
Another annoyance is the fact that you are not allowed to look in the windows of the small shops without being pestered by the shop owner/staff - this really does wear you down after a while.
Nice places to visit were Maspolomas Beach, Mogan Beach* and Palamitos Park
Watch out for the hard sell of the corner shop in Mogan owned by Indians (Jai Sai Ram Souvenir or Jai Krishna Souvenir & Electronic)-You will be offered a Sony camera for 40 euros but it is a scam and they will not sell it to you - instead you will be forced to 'upgrade' to a 'better' camera at a higher price. I was there for over 30 minutes and felt like smashing the bloke in the face because I had paid for the Sony Digital camera and it mysteriously 'disappeared' - Be Warned.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bill T

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Upon reading a recent review on this site would just like to add not only have I stayed in this complex but have recommended it to friends who have also stayed there upon my recommendation:

The twin bedroom rooms are off an average size but adequate space between them and I could not reach out and touch the other bed.

I also met new friends while I was on hols and invited them to visit me at the complex , both daytime and evenings, had no problems at all with staff regarding visitors and staff new I was a solo traveller and room occupier:

I had on 3 individual occasions brought back a companion in the evenings and they were able to stop over with no fuss or questions asked: my previous review attached below:

I booked this accomadation last minute two days prior till departure, then to my horror found lots of bad reviews. I can honestly say the bad / horrible / unfair reviews were compleatly unfounded. The desk clark/reception booked me in with no problems i did not need to pay a deposit. My apartment was very clean and no bad smells what so ever inside or out side off my accomadation. Basic kitchen facilities but ok for my needs. The lounge area is quite small really only suitable for two adults. My balcony over looked the road outside front off the apartments and was not to noisey day or nite.Restaurent in complex was open from breakfast till late evening closed at 11: 00 pm. 10min walk two center off the resort. taxi s 3 Euros this encludes tip I walked to the night life and back again very quiet safe and was never approched by anyone for any reason. Apt Cleaned 6 days a week with chage of towels as required.

Room Tip: Better to not have ground floor accomadition secuirty and privicy

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Mike N
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at sister hotel Los Salmones two years previous, we decided to give this place a go as it was really cheap.

We were very happy with these apartments considering they were really cheap. The circle apartments are really nice and rooms had everything you needed.

Staff were always very helpful and the location was great for the beach and nightlife. Plenty of sunbirds available and the pool was a decent size.

If you're looking for a budget hotel then Las Faluas is a good option. We would come back here again for a cheap place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Having been to Gran Canaria over the past 7 years and never been to this hotel I thought it would be a good change,and as it was in my price range I booked into it for 2 weeks,On my arrival,the place looked quite nice from the outside the 3 apartment units sit round the pool,which is very nice,but once you get into the unit everything changes,the apartments are tiny,although the kitchen area is quite big with plenty of room to cook and eat at the breakfast bar.The sitting rooms are small with a very old tv,which is pay to view and only gets 5 channels,the bedrooms are so small the twin beds almost touch although the toilet is not bad,we found the water pressure non existent,untill we got it seen to and you coudnt close the shower doors as they came off the runners if you tried,The hotel has very strict rules and you cannot take friends that are not registered into the pool or up to your apartment,at any time. A lot of the apartments are owned by private tennents so every weekend the noise level after midnight gets very loud with party goers.The location is fine,there is a supermarket right outside the front door,and its only a 5min walk to the Kasbah,and 10mins to the beach.So to round off I woudnt book this place again unless I had no alternative,but for the price I paid its the old saying,you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool as you get the most sun.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norrie_12
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here late 2012 (Sorry, just getting round to writing this, LOL!)

We didnt expect much, this place being the cheapest on the website we were on but we were pleasantly surprised!

We were self catering and we had no problem preparing our own food etc.

When we arrived we were given a bottom floor apartment without asking (My wifes foot was bandaged up and we were going to ask but didnt need to!) It was ideal. You opened up the doors and you were on your own terrace next to the pool.

The hotel was pretty busy when we stayed but it wasn't too noisy or over-run with kids/drunks. You could sit out all day without any problems.

The TV was an expensive coin meter with few English channels but who goes to Playa del ingles to watch telly in their room?

The decor and furniture was a bit tired and dated but we have stayed in far more expensive hotels with worse interiors!

Our shower door kept falling off which was our biggest complaint but it was the cheapest holiday on the site.

The hotel is in a decent central location with a supermarket, car rental place, couple of restaurants and crazy golf all literally outside. You are a couple of minutes walk from some shopping centros, 15 mins from the Yumbo centre and about the same from the beach.

The apartments were clean and towels were changed regularly. No cockroaches in our apartment or in any of the hotel buildings.
Theres a small cooker and a fridge. Both were clean and worked fine!

Staff dont speak English very well but we didnt have any cause to speak to them.

If you are on a budget, if you are going self catering go here!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DunkNSooz
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I didn't know i was staying here until i got off the plane at Gran Canaria as my friend had booked the hotel, but it was a good hotel basic yes but you had everything you needed. We checked in ok bit of a problem with the door but soon got that sorted and the hotel is weird as its got a few buildings so it can get quite confusing but once you found it once you won't get lost again, also the hotel is built like a massive circles so its a lot of spiral stairs but you can see right up to the sky when its daylight and the stars when its night time but i don't know what happens if it rains as it just go straight down through the hotel. The staff where friendly enough and i spoke to them in Spanish but they loved my accent so i taught them a bit of Glaswegian which the barman loved. The pool was nice and clean no complaints and it was a short walk to the clubs like the Yumbo Centre all the Square, BUT MY ADVISE FOR NIGHT TIME if your walking to a clubs make sure you go in packs of 2 or more DON'T WALK ALONE as this has nothing to do with the Las Faluas it can be a bit intimidating and scary as you get stopped quite a lot from a whole rage of people so walk in packs and you should be ok or get a taxi as they are a relatively cheap . Would i stay here again yes i would.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Craig_C2
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Las Faluas was close to everything; the beach, shopping, restaurants and nightlife. There were a little bit noise, but we didn't mind about that. The room was simple and average and it was cleaned properly. Only bad thing was the shower, because the water was icecold. We recommend Las Faluas to young party people and for those who want a normal hotel at the centrum. However, for us it was a great hotel, and we could come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends