“OK FOR THE PRICE YOU PAY - AVOID STREET FACING APARTMENTS IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP”

Apartamentos Las Faluas
Ranked #68 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Im very forgiving of self catering apartments in Spain, but have to say this one was relatively well cleaned, i did see some dead roaches in the communal areas but it is 30 degrees so... not much you can do about them, they did get removed daily. Stayed in an Apartment facing the road, try to avoid and protest, demand another if you can, it was pratically impossible to sleep with a broken window that didnt close very well and the endless buses and lorrys passing outside and heaving up after having stopped at the round about. Pool area was excellent, clean, plenty of loungers etc.. DO NOT ASK FOR A LATE CHECK OUT the answer is NO and is written everywhere, in fact there isnt a single window in this place that does not have a notice stuck on in 3 languages.... Kitchen utensils are beyond basic, they might as well not provide anything, we had 3 glasses, 3 coffee cups, a jug, a small frying pan and a collander... WOW even if i wanted to use the collander for paste i would have had a pan to boil the pasta in. But than again, i had no intention of cooking so.... There is a supermarket 1 min from the place, accross the road, very good for breakfast items and general tourist tat..... 5 minute walk to the beach on a nice road, a few restaurants right outside and millions available on the beach serving rusbish fast food which they call "good home cooked food" and endless touting for customers which will drive you NUTS..... Anyway back to the hotel, the reception lady is lovely, the cleaners are very friendly and do help, although you feel like their doing something they were told not to by the owners when you ask for anything. Towels changed 3 times in a week, however bedding not changed at all despite Sheet in the room saying they would be. DO NOT USE THE TV is coin operate, it has literally 4 channels, 2 with terrible reception, 2 spanish + Euronews and CNN, 50cents gets you about 8 minutes, i did have an interest on the news at the time so i went trough about 20 euros all together.... Overall i would stay again BUT ONLY on a Pool View room as sleep was awfull. PS mattress were well passed their best 5 years ago, Specially the 3rd sofa bed in the living room which had the a shape of person in it... from lying on it during the night... But than again what can you expect for £130 per person for a week...

Room Tip: Pool view if you value your sleep, you will NOT SLEEP in a road facing room, not even with 3M EAR PL...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ok let me start by saying I am pretty broad minded and always think if apartments are clean and you can wash then that's good.

So here goes the apartments consists of three circular blocks and one normal block, we were in tower one and on the second floor, on first impression thought it was good there was a bottle of water and tea/coffee sachets and a kettle.

Now these apartments are shaped like a wedge of cheese so as you walk in they open out... So here goes, the pool area was lovely and good beds although there are a lot of old ones but new ones aswell, the pool was very clean including the baby pool, there is a restaurant with a bar but is nothing to do with the apartments and the guy is very friendly.

Back to the apartment,the kitchen is smallish but is ok, however, no microwave the fridge I am sure did not work properly as milk went off before it's due date, I turned it right up but only came out coldish and not freezing. The bathroom works from a water tank and there was three adults there, the first night we had one shower and the water was cold when I complained to reception I was advised it's 15ltr tank and to wait 20mins which we did and still cold so it's roughly 40mins before you get hot water again.

The drain hole was not sitting correctly so half the water went down the other side of the drain plug and ran out into the bathroom floor, so constantly went through towels.

The bedroom had 2 single beds and they were like sleeping on comfy cardboard that's the best way to describe them, the matteres was thick enough but brick hard, you get a pillow each and trust me the sheets are thicker.

The tv was coin operated and the only British channels were CNN & Euronews so unless your bored don't waste your money. The maids were good within reason, there was a sheet lying saying towels changed 3 times a week and linen once a week, the towels were changed the three times but had to try and explain to get more due to the shower leaking but never had the linen changed at all.

The door to the balcony was very stiff and one time we were shutting this the handle completely sheeted off, however, reported it to reception and was replaced within a few hours. And you can't boil the kettle and dry your hair the power goes off.

This may sound like a bad review but I honestly thought the apartments were ok, however, I always am honest as I expect to hear honest reviews myself, I am simply stating what happened when I stayed there

Any questions just ask happy to answer.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room and pool view they are the best as doors open out to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sttuartty
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here for 3 nights, thank god it wasn't longer! But we only paid €60 each €120 total so I guess that's what you get. However I do expect the basics of hot water which there was none! Also the shower kept falling off the wall and the plug hole was blocked so the bathroom just floods. Sockets were hanging off the wall so I would be careful if you have small children. I asked for an Extra pillow and towels reception said there's only one cleaner so I have to wait until tomorrow so we just used one towel! The cleaner didn't actually clean, the floor was black. No hair dryer. However the balcony we had was lovely some places you have to pay extra or don't have them so this is good & For a 2* hotel it has free WIFI which I thought was amazing as again lots of places charge. The place is extremely noisey so make sure you are drunk otherwise you won't sleep! Like other reviewers we had one key that didn't work. You have to put money into the TV I've never seen anything like it, so we did for the crack and guess what? It kept out money & didn't work!

Reception were unfriendly, unhelpful and pritty much crap really. We Asked for two cokes from the bar & the body builder women served us however I think she was on strike, it would of been quicker to make it from scratch! I asked for to cokes & it was like the end of the world like she had a rush on even though it was dead!

The bottom floor apartments are privately owned by noisy people who just let there kids kick footballs in the hallways ect. No English people here and the Spanish don't really like the English. I would only stay here for a lads holiday but no way with my partner & I would never stay again. Late check out was not possible even though out flight was a 9pm and nor was booking another night.

All round cheap & nasty

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The room was cleaned only first three days - then they just stopped cleaning it.
According to the rules swimming pool works from 10 am till 18:00, but locals swimmed there in the middle on the night. One of them told us that he also can ask to allow swimming for us too.
Animals are not allowed in the hotel, but locals have a dog who was walking through all the hotel's territory.
WiFi is really slow, some pages are not loaded at all, WiFi works only in the main building. Skype worked really bad.
Hot water in the shower is missing often.
In general hotel is pretty good, room is cleaned, a bottle of free champagne when moving in, not too noisy, very good location.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor have insects, but they're convenient to sit near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is basic and you definitely get what you pay for. Plus a few extra little treats... COCKROACHES! The hotel is full of them, we had several in our room on arrival. I went straight to reception but was basically told to get on with it and that they're very common. I appreciate cockroaches are common in hot climates but I do not appreciate seeing them after a 5 hour flight running around in my bathroom. I've been to Gran Canaria many times before and never had this issue. Other negatives are the noise, constant banging around when trying to sleep - the beds aren't comfortable either, they're like sleeping on concrete. The restaurant staff are slower than snails (and miserable), BUT the food prices are decent if you want a snack/breakfast etc. You only get 1 key card which is terrible, and it never works - the amount of times me and my friend spent trying to open our door became our own little game, anyone would think we were trying to crack the divinci code. Apparently if it's near an iPhone the key sensor disables. You can also only pick up WiFi by the pool and in reception - again rubbish. The cleaner apparently comes 3 times a week, but to be honest I have no idea what she's cleaning as the room never looked like it had been cleaned. Oh and you have to slot money into the TV to watch it!! I don't come on holiday to watch TV but we had 2 rainy days so we decided to watch a movie. Nope, no movies and only 1 English channel which was the science channel - what's that all about?

Now let's get onto the positives, there are some, I promise: brilliant location, rooms are a good size (although basic, no hairdryer, few plug sockets), good food prices and a really decent pool area with plenty of sun beds. That's it, hardly anything to write home about.

Would I stay here again? Not a chance.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by people we had met at the airport. It was everything they said. It was clean and the beds were comfy.Close to everything.traffic wise a bit noisy.would reccomend.no need to rent kettle etc all in room.enjoy

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Churchillmeadows
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed in these apartments for a week at the beginning of February. The apartments are in a great location, very central. They were pretty basic, but very clean, and the maid service was fantastic. They were in everyday to do a quick clean/make the beds, and our towels were changed 3 times (mon, we'd & fri). Pool area was spotless, and the restaurant was fantastic. I would recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple