We decided to stay in this hotel for nine nights after having reviewed several other hotels in PdI on TripAdvisor. Again the choice we made was a correct one! We arrived late (21:30) in the evening and check-in went fluently. Both of us received the room-key which can also be used to 'pay' in the hotel. Dinner is only being served until 21:30 and because of that we got in our room a 'cold' dinner of sandwiches and fruits. Great first impression.
We booked our room in the annex bulding (as we didn't mind the lesser view) which was spacious enough, spotless clean and with good beds (although quite hard matrasses).
he hotel has 3 swimming pools, one at the annex, second near the dinner room (level 6) and a bigger one at beach level. Elevator can bring you to all levels. Beach is close by (you can leave/enter the hotel garden at beach level with your room-key). Pool Beds are not really abundant but as the beach is within 150 meters there's hardly any problem enjoying one. Anyway; there's also hardly any 'pool bed reservations done by people putting their stuff on it in the early morning' so fine to know.... During November the average age of guests is roughly over 50 and consists merely of German people. Nice and quiet.
One major highlight was the food. Always abundant, fresh, freshly prepared, whatever you wanted, all was there. During breakfast as well as dinner. The quality is superb compared to majority of small restaurants in the neighbourhood. Secondf highlight? The employees!!!!! Always supportive, always shiny, hardly ever wanting something in return, a welcoming ambiance made by the employees; bravo!!
All in one, hotel is great, clean, food is great, great personnel!
Something to consider, guests age is roughly 55, if you have small kids looking for water parks etc find something else (as well as kids animation is hardly there) BUT that will also leave this hotel to the guests who love some quietness. For the older among us; adult animation happens in the Tanz Pub (local German disco in the hotel) and starts at 20:00, be in-time to have the best seatings....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IFA Dunamar Hotel is the only hotel situated next to the beach in the famous Playa del Ingles area of Gran Canaria. This privileged location gives the hotel amazing views of the Canarian coast, as well as 6 kilometers of golden dunes. Its original architecture, in a pyramidal shape, gives the hotel an elegant and distinguish atmosphere. Equipped with all modern comforts and very close to the centre and shopping and leisure centres, it constitutes the ideal place for a memorable stay close to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your IFA Dunamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- IFA Dunamar Hotel Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles