“Caroline in bolero bar = legend!”

Bungalows Marbella Golf
Ranked #127 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Caroline in bolero bar = legend!”
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

My partner and I booked in here for 2 weeks mid April. Check in was quick and friendly. Our bungalow was very clean. For what we paid you can't fault this place. The best thing by far though is the pool bar. Caroline and David, absolute superstars. I really can't praise them enough, just make sure you watch Caroline, she is definately more generous with the booze than the mixer! I can't wait to go back. We had a great 2 weeks.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank teabag5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

On arrival at 8.30pm,the reception was locked and apparently had been for 4 days!(Was never opened for the 7 days of my "holiday"!!)
A local helped me to call the night security man,Abdul, who was a super chap and enabled me to get into reception but found no booking for me! So he took me through to the pool bar,where Caroline and David were amazing and explained the owners had more or less deserted the place!! They had a key to a bungalow,which she quickly cleaned for me and made up a bed,Abdul provided me with a bath robe so by 10.30pm I crashed out,stressed!
I did eventually get through to my company (Sunmaster.UK) who assured me,all HAD been booked but when the owner turned up on Thursday and almost threatened to turn me out unless I paid more,things got heated!But I stuck to my guns and he left with photo-copies of my bookings and was not seen again!Caroline and David told me they have had many,many problems with people arriving and no reception to greet them but they put themselves out to try and help!!!
The resort is clean,nice plants around,pool superand bungalow interiors pleasant but badly in need of TLC,equipment poor,with no cleaners at all and all a long way from any beach,but a small Spar shop not too far away.Most properties are privately owned so weekends,there is an influx of owners!!!
Marbella Golf Bungalows is in a very urbanized area,near a very busy main road,with lock and key to get in and out,it's only redeeming feature is David and Caroline's Bolero Bar,without them,this place will fold for holiday makers!!!

Room Tip: Not many to choose from as most private, I had 123 which overlooked car park and adjacent to road DO...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SandyPortsmouth
worthing,sussex,england
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Quick check in - had to leave 20Euro deposit for bungalow keys.
Nice sized bungalow with a sun trap of a terrace outside.
Niggles - plug socket out of the wall, curtains falling down in lounge and bedroom, pipe work exposed in bathroom, no plugs for sink or bath, stained towels, no shower curtain, stained mattresses.
The real plus for these bungalows are David and Caroline in the Bolero bar who work tirelessly to keep everyone happy. They are there morning noon and night and really made our holiday. Plus she makes the best home made burgers we have ever tasted!
About a 15 min walk to the Yumbo centre.
All in all I would stay there again - a lick of paint and some maintenance would have led to a 5* review from me.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Colchester, Essex
Reviewed 11 February 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews my partner and I wondered what we were in for staying at this resort for the last few days of our holiday. We were pleasantly surprised.

On arrival at reception at around midday for a 2pm check in we were told that the maid was still cleaning our room (no 99) but that we could go and leave our luggage there and relax by the pool. This we did and after about half an hour we were shown to our accommodation which was spotlessly clean both upstairs and downstairs. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed and a very nice balcony. Downstairs a sunny seating area, handy breakfast bar and kitchenette with double hob and kettle, also an adequet fridge.

We hired a safe (a necessity in Gran Canaria and indeed anywhere abroad) which we could not work out how to use. Returned to reception and within a few minutes two very helpful staff members came to our rescue, problem solved!

Admittedly some of the equipment in the kitchen left a bit to be desired, one or two more glasses, some proper plates rather than shallow bowls and mugs as well as cups. Also if you are trying to attract the british market a toaster would not go amiss though these are missing in a lot of the accommodation in Gran Canaria.

If your fond of the Yumbo centre one other slight downside is its a fair walk (about 15 - 20 minutes depending how fit you are) from there.

All in all for budget accommodation it was extremely good value. All the staff were pleasant and very helpful and would certainly use it again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank chrisncolin
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

When we arrived here (myself and a friend) at 11pm reception was closed. Our flight had not been delayed and we arrived at the resort on time. We waited around for 30 mins before we noticed a small sign with a mobile number to ring if no one was about. After phoning the number, only what can be described as the janitor arrived. He spoke no english and was unable to find our booking, trying to tell us in his broken english that we had not been reserved a room. He then phoned the 'manager' who refused to come down to reception. The manager suggested that 'the janitor' keep our passports and just give us a key to a bungalow and sort it in the morning!!! As you could imagine this was very unacceptable! In the end we managed to get a key without giving over our passports. We were shown to our bungalow which was totally infested with cocroaches. They were everywhere! The janitor even found it funny to throw one at us! the bungalows are nothing like they look like in the pictures. they are out-dated, grubby and dirty. I wouldnt stay here even if i was paid to. it was never cleaned for the whole week we were there and towels were not changed. The utensils that were supplied wasnt even enough for 2 of us to have dinner at the same time, and the bungalow we were in slept 6!! God knows how a family would of coped?!? the whole place needs a bulldozer to it. If you are thinking of going here, DONT!!! waste of money. I'd rather kip on the beach and wash in the sea, it would probably be cleaner.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rob B

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2013

we have just got back from our 2 time at the bungalows once again a great stay the compex has a new management team and they are great spanish and really did look after us and nothing was to much trouble we asked for extra pillows and guess what half hour they was on our beds well done rooms have been painted and kettle and toaster in the kitchen now maid service once a week .. please note if you want a five star hotel go to one ....the bungalows are big clean and value for money and the pool is great too one of the truths why i go back here is the beds are full size single beds and are comfortable thanks to all the staff
PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS 2 STAR AND IS VERY CHEAP. WE WAS THERE FROM 17 DEC 2012 TILL 10 JAN 2013 AND ONLY COST US £600 FOR THE APARTMENT FOR THE 24 DAY STAY

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Denmark
Reviewed 12 December 2012

When I arrived, there was no room available for me. I showed him the reciept, and he finally found me a bungalow.

I started removing a lot of ice from the freezer, and upstairs a lot of dead ants were to be found. In the garden there were a lot of cigaret-butts.

One of the 2 guys in the reception speaks no english at all, and you never know when the reception is open. While I was staying, a couple arrived - There was no room for them either, eventhough they also had paid and all. They had to take a taxi somewhere else.

Every morning at 04, a garbage-truck arrives, which is Very loud. It will for sure wake you up. I only stayed there 2 times, cause I could bring my dog.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
#16 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Occidental Margaritas
Occidental Margaritas
#19 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to Bungalows Marbella Golf? Share your experiences!