Bull Hotel Escorial & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Caserio(Playa del Ingles)
View Hotel
Apartamentos Calma(Playa del Ingles)
  • Pool
LABRANDA Playa Bonita(Playa del Ingles)
  • Breakfast included
Don Quijote(Playa del Ingles)
View Hotel
Las Nasas Apartamentos(Playa del Ingles)
Danubio(Playa del Ingles)
View Hotel
LABRANDA Marieta(Playa del Ingles)
  • Pool
Marivista Apartamentos(Playa del Ingles)
View Hotel
Hotel Parque Tropical(Playa del Ingles)
  • Beachfront
IFA Continental Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdead sea poolgames roomwellness centreindoor poolsteam roomsalt poolbowling lanescard tableslarge gymair conrooftop solariumlive cookingnudist areafree internet accesspizza and chipsinternational brandsbranded spirits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my 5th trip to Gran Caneria and first time in the Escorial. I can honestly say, for a three star hotel, this place is amazing. The food was fantastic, the room was lovely, the staff were all brilliant - especially the bar staff! and the spa facilities are the best i have ever found in any hotel. The roof top terrace is beautiful and always seemed to be so quiet.
The location was also great, with the beach and main centre both just 5 minutes away.
I would def return to this hotel next time, and would reccommend to anyone that is looking for a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room - great sea views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tamlin60
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week half board at this hotel and would definitely recommend a stay here. We requested a high floor room and were put on the top floor. The room was spacious as was the balcony which had a large sofa and table set. The room did overlook a busy main road which was quite noisy at night but then we did have the patio doors wide open! The doors were double glazed and when shut no noise could be heard. The hotel was spotless throughout and well maintained. The spa and rooftop terrace were added extras which should make this hotel a 4 star! Breakfast and evening meals were excellent with always plenty of choice and the food was always fresh! This hotel is suitable for all age groups and has plenty going on for children, even older children could access the brilliant games room with bowling, snooker, pool, games tables and computers! The hotel has a very relaxed atmosphere in a safe environment. Overall the staff work really hard to provide excellent service at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank philer70
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The room is really big, large balcony with splendid view. Wide choices of food, great taste. Wine was too simple, so we bought one in nearest shop, that just on other side of the road. Only 5 minutes of walk to ocean. Bus station is located towards hotel. I liked staying here.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Max M
Reviewed 24 March 2014

After facing a horrible UK winter and a hectic few months of work, my partner and I were both in need of a relaxing, sunshine filled break. We wanted to just unwind for a few days, soak up the sun and stay at a hotel that offered a peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. Thanks to the previous reviews on this site about the Escorial, we booked it for a week – and I am so pleased we did!
Everything about this hotel was perfect. In fact, it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and I will definitely be returning! There are so many good things to say about this place, but I will highlight the really outstanding areas below.

The Staff: The whole team at The Escorial are amazing. From the lovely cleaners, to the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the receptionists and even the very smiley gardeners – you get the impression that they all love their jobs and the hotel itself. Nothing seemed like too much trouble for any of them. They were all gracious, kind and showed a huge generosity of spirit that is very rare these days. I would go as far as to say that the staff here are what truly ‘makes’ this hotel.

Dining: The Escorial offers a buffet style dining experience which means you can help yourself as much as you like to the delicious food produced by the kitchen team. I really enjoyed breakfast and had bacon, omelettes, mushrooms and toast most mornings (it was my holiday after all!) but there was a good selection of continental style breads, meats, cereals and eggs too. Even the coffee in the urns was good quality or you can use one of the coffee machines too. We stayed half board, and the breakfasts here are enough to keep you going all day until dinnertime but you can also grab a snack in the bar. Dinner was also excellent with a good choice of dishes including freshly cooked meats and fish from the grill station. All the food was fresh, tasty and you will find something you enjoy.

Rooms: I had requested a room on a higher floor as part of my booking, but when we arrived, we were put in a lower floor one. It turns out that there was a MASSIVE carnival taking place on the night we arrived and all other rooms were booked, but the lovely receptionists promised we could move the next day. The first room was actually fine: really clean, comfy beds and a huge balcony. We moved rooms the next day and the new one was just as good. The bathrooms are excellent with good water pressure so you almost have a power shower and the towels were changed every second day. The room sizes are really generous and the balconies are huge by hotel standards! Make sure you check the wardrobe for the extra pillows too.

Facilities: The Escorial is well known for having an outstanding ‘wellness centre’ and it really didn’t disappoint! We got into a routine of having a swim, sauna and float in the ‘Dead Sea’ pool each morning after breakfast which was a great start to the day. The Dead Sea pool is a must try whilst staying here! You are also offered a complementary ‘Rasul’ treatment which was the most relaxing 20 minutes of my life. You cover yourself in a thin layer of mud then relax in a steamy room while music plays – I was nearly falling asleep it was so good. The wellness centre was immaculately maintained and the lady who runs it was so friendly, polite and charming. We didn’t try the outdoor swimming pool but that was also clean and well maintained. There was a good election of activities each day such as archery, quizzes, pistol shooting and music. In the evening, there were different acts such as flamenco dancers, gymnasts, cabaret and drag shows – all were really good! My favourite part was the gardens: they are lushly planted and well maintained by the gardeners here. If you go past the dining area, you will find a sunbathing area set among the trees and a lovely dip pool to cool off in. This was the perfect place to lounge around all day, read a book and listen to the chatter of birds.

Atmosphere: The Escorial had a lovely homely, relaxed, friendly atmosphere that really makes a stay here special. At all times I felt safe and well looked after and despite being the only Brits here for the majority of our stay, we chatted freely with other guests from Germany, Sweden and Holland. Luckily, my boyfriend speaks fluent German and we both speak basic Spanish which definitely helped. All the staff I met spoke a good level of English too, but they really loved it when we tried out our rusty Spanish on them! Above all, I never once felt ‘ripped off’ by prices. In fact, I was honestly amazed at how good this hotel is in terms of value for money.

The Escorial is a three star hotel – but it should be a four at the least. Everything was wonderful and I have returned home feeling relaxed, happy and completely rejuvenated. If you are looking for a laid back break in the sun at a hotel run by friendly, approachable and professional staff, then look no further. I am about to book for another week this coming September to celebrate my partners birthday. I can’t think of anywhere better than here for a birthday break. Thanks to all the staff for making our much needed holiday so perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank DigitalGirl01
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just returned from another wonderful holiday staying at the Escorial in Playa Del Ingles. Yet again found the staff to be as pleasant and helpful as they could be. Food was still to the standard as i expected with enough choice that you should be able to find something that you can eat, even if you are fussy. As all inclusive goes very good with international drinks as well as local not many hotels do this. Entertainment ok. Facilities including dead sea pull and wellness area excellent. Personally with a few tweeks the hotel could be 4 star. Only thing that should be changed is enforcing no towels on sun bed rule and dress code for restaurant . Also new pillows on beds, otherwise great.

Room Tip: Try and get a room 4th floor or above also go for rooms starting from a 1-6. ie 401-406 sunny and over pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple