“best hotel in gran canaria”

Hotel Riu Palmeras / Bung Riu Palmitos
Ranked #16 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
gloucester
“best hotel in gran canaria”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

just got back from a weeks stay in the riu palmeras,and have to say its the best hotel we have stayed in,you wont find better

the staff are superb,food is superb cannot fault it

even got a room upgrade for free

10/10

Room Tip: floor 6 or 7 for sea views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank rich w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Very impressed by this hotel, it was very clean and the air conditioning was really well thought of.
Room maids were friendly and helpful in giving us an extra towel when needed.

The only negative we experienced was that we had the misfortune of very noisy works in the building, it was not on our floor but it woke us up early each day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Esteban020
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed there 4 days,half-board. Was impressed with the hotel and thought hotel facilities and staff services were very good.
We got a room on the 7th floor, the view was just awesome,every morning I couldn't wait to open the curtains and see the ocean with the sand dunes. The beach is only a few minutes walk.There are also supermarkets around the hotel selling variety of things at reasonable prices. Enjoyed playing mini-golf around Yumbo Centre.
Breakfast and dinner had a lot of items, did not get bored of the food. Our flight was really early in the morning, and we were able to request cold breakfast for free of charge.
The location of the hotel is really convenient enough to visit Las Palmas, Puerto Rico and Puerto de Mogan. We actually took a ferry from Puerto Rico to Mogan, and the it lovely.

Room Tip: For a sea view, request 5th floor or above.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sha_A1_13
Blackburn
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We arrived at 20:00hrs on 20/05/2013 we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff I remembered him from our last Sept 2012 he gave us a glass of wine and told us to take our time the reception staff would book us in when ever we were ready.
I had sent an email prior to our holiday requesting the same room we had last year this proved to be a positive move and our wishes were granted.
I can honestly say this hotel for friendliness and cleanliness takes a lot of beating from the pool attendant to restaurant staff the maid service the reception staff all were excellent.
I am pleased I remembered to pack my hair dryer and travel kettle which I strongly advise other holiday makers to take . No need to pack towels unless you intend a spell on the beach .
We had room service every day it was immaculate.
Needless to say we definitely intend returning next year we are so in love with the hotel and the people who work there .

Room Tip: We were pleased with room 106 nice balcony nice view but the higher the better according to other ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank johnnyandmarion
Barnsley
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst sat on a sun lounger around the spotless swimming pool at the hotel,
My wife and I must be into double figures now on our visits to this excellent hotel.
As always the hotel is spotlessly clean and the food and drink is of the highest standard but what makes this hotel stand out above all the others is the staff, they are excellent ,always happy to help and smiling. The director even has time to talk and is most welcoming.
The hotel is well worth it's 4 star rating and I think if more people spent a few mins to write a review on this site it would be ranked number 1 not 5 as it is currently placed. I have seen the number 1 ranked accommodation and I haven't a clue why it is in that position unless they pay the guests to write a review ?
As you may gather by my review of this hotel I am a massive fan and hope to keep on returning year after year and I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to friends and family and also you the reader of my review.
Go on book in you won't be disappointed believe me.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ShepBarnsley
yeovil
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from staying at this hotel. it was Saga holiday and my 1st at this hotel. I think the hotel was very good also the food. the hotel was very clean and the cleaning ladies were always cleaning the areas. There were only a few problems. One there was entertainment on every evening and the stage was out side right outside the rooms and it continued well on to 11 pm! I was told I could change rooms but I know I would still hear the music. The other thing the hotel is just above the beach with a lot of steps to go down to the beach and awfull to climb up! Not good if one cannot walk very well. San Augstin is miles away along the prom. I never got there. To get to Maspolamas one had to walk over the sand dunes or get a bus. Don't think I will return to this hotel, but it is good if one wants to relax all the time.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank dipsygreencat
Cornwall
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Our stay in the hotel was in mid April this year for two weeks with Saga Holidays. This was our first ever trip with them and cannot fault a thing with their organisation from start to finish. We were met at the airport both ends and let to either the check in or the transfer coach and also at the hotel. Our checkin was done for us whilst we drank our welcome drink of champagne and then given a tour of the hotel. Later we were given a quick tour to the nearest chemist, bus stops and the beach which was extremely useful.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds with a lovely large pool and plenty of loungers. The pool attendants are very helpful getting you your mattresses and the pool is spotless being cleaned twice daily. Our rooms also were spotless and also checked daily for cleanliness . The restaurant I cannot fault, the food was extremely good with a good choice and the waiters only too willing to serve you. Overall the hotel is the best we have stayed in and we have been to many all over the world.
The location is very close to the prom and because the sandy beach and dunes are so large its a long walk to the sea which may be a problem to some people but is also an attraction to many others including nudists at one end.
The island is not that big so with a car you can cover the island within a day to see other attractions.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views over the palm trees
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple