“Lovely Clean and Spacious Apartments” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apartamentos Strelitzias

Apartamentos Strelitzias
tipperary
“Lovely Clean and Spacious Apartments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

we stayed at the Strelitzias from the 3rd june for 2 weeks. I would recommend, they are spacious, clean and Pedro in reception was very friendly and helpful.Suited more for friends/couples not families as not much to do for kids. Very central -walking distance to all amentities & shops. Beach is only 7-10 mins walk & a supermarket across the road as you have all untensils in the kitchen if you wanted to cook. Very safe & secure and I would go back and stay here again

Room Tip: we stayed in 206 and it was perfect - ground floor rooms brings you straight onto the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank deirdrecon

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

All ground floor have direct pool access, maid service each day, microwave and coffee machine, very clean accommodation, a few minutes walk to main beach front shopping area, kasbar nightlife a short stroll behind, yumbo center 5-10 minute stroll up the road, singles, family and groups stay here, i would stay there again, it was clean, cheap, and in a great location for me even though i spent most evenings at yumbo.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

5 Thank Kevin E
SE London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Strelitzias is fantastically located for the Kasbah & Yumbo centre, the Yumbo is 15 minutes walk & this area is very gay friendly, there are some great drinkholes here & the Kasbah is over the road, here you will find clubs that play commercial holiday music, & Pasha plays European House after 4am, both centres are where you find all the night life you need, the beach is also less than a 5 minute walk, when we arrived here @ 9pm we was slightly worried about the whole ‘reception closed’ thing but as we got off the coach the owner was waiting to let us in, the buildings security is perfectly fine, you are provided with a 3 keys for the gate, building & front door, if anything I preferred this as nobody can just walk in uninvited, the apartment was very basic with all the self catering holiday essentials (except a hairdryer), the apartment was clean & we where given clean towels daily, however we did not need the cleaner as we swept & mopped ourselves, however the cleaners are around daily, they are very polite & helpful…& the reception staff are also helpful & very knowledgeable, the apartment had a safe that cost $10- 15 Euros for the week with a $12 deposit, we stayed in apartment 308 & the view is of the building opposite, we did attempt to get a higher floor but we where there on a Bank holiday & they where fully booked, however they did say if we returned & drop them an email they would see what could be done, the swimming pool area is adequate & I witnessed it being twice during our stay, the only thing that really lets this place down is when you check out late the washroom/wc is only open until 3pm when the cleaners leave & then it opens up again after 4pm when the reception opens, the room itself is a store room & not very pleasant, when we went to use it there was quite obviously a serious leak from a waste pipe & the reception guy made an allowance & gave us an empty room key to prepare for our homeward journey, so basically if you want to hang by the pool or get in some last minute shopping, you could be left a little unstuck but for the price all-round I would say this is a great base & I would stay again..

Some other pointers for staying here, there are loads of people trying to sell you tickets to boat trips & Pasha, we paid $35 Euros for the Friday booze cruise, its ok!!..not all what its cracked up to be, the booze consisted of Beer, wine & sex on the beach, there is no recliners on board or specific sunbathing areas, it is for dancing & I recommend you bring your own booze, also you do not need to buy any tickets to get into Pasha, all you need to do is visit China whites & ask for a stamp @ the bar, cant advise on the whole pub crawl thing as we didn’t do it but most clubs in Kasbah give you BOGF $6-7 for 2 vodkas & most give you a free shot of schnapps or tequila.

Also when you walk down the beach, you will see various nail bars that offer massage, we went into one such establishment & both me & my friend went into separate cubicles for a full body massage, my masseur started & I asked her politely to increase the pressure, to which she replied ‘Firm’ & I replied ‘si’…my Spanish is not great but I would of thought that was enough dialect to explain my requirements, so after asking for the 4th time, I gave up, the massage did not consist of any massage strokes that im familiar with, it felt like the ‘masseur’ was rubbing oil into my body for a period of time ( that was not an hour), I thought this was an isolated incident but when my friend came out she said her experience was the same, We did complain & after a considerable amount of time reasoning with the manager & getting daggers from the 2 ‘Masseurs’ (term used lightly) we left with a discount….I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE MASSAGE!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank ineedofsun
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at these apartments in Jan 2014 with my husband and have to say we were pleasantly surprised. Location couldnt have been better, right behind the Kasbah centre and close to the beach. We were shown to our room by the receptionist Marta who couldnt have been more helpful during our stay. The apartment itself, room 504 was spotless and very large in size with more than adequate self catering facilities - the room was cleaned every day except sunday and fresh towels provided. The balcony got the sun all day and was lovely to it out on.
These apartments are suitable for couples or groups of friends on holiday - there is absolutely nothing for kids here. This made the pol area in particular very relaxing and quiet which i must say i enjoyed. One thing to mention is that the reception is only open 9am-1pm and 4pm-7pm and i believe if you check in inbetween these times you have to get a key from another complex. It also ment that no one was there at night ie security which may worry some but as we were on high level we didnt mind, the old gentleman in room 203 though seemed to use this to his advantage - entertaining 'ladies of the night' on occasion which me and mu hubby just found hilarious tbh!!!
All in all a great stay and we will return in the future.

Room Tip: High level rooms are best
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emma_Tait_1983
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Booked through onthebeach.com for a fantastic price! Expectations were not high but we we pleasantly surprised. Apartments very spacious with everything you need in them such as crockery, microwave, freezer etc. Our cleaner was fab! Came in everyday and made the apartment spotless. Nice pool area with plenty of sun beds - again very clean!
Lots of Spanish customers in the hotel which meant to we didn't have to get up at 8am to get a sunbed like most other hotels! If your travelling with kids then I wouldn't recommend these apartments - not a big enough pool and the hotel is situated in an area where there is nothing for them to do! With it being right next to the Kasbah it makes these apartments great for groups of friends or couples.
Insider Tips - grab a €5 taxi to Mercadona in San Fernando! Massive supermarket which is dead cheap - save you loads of €€€€!!

Room Tip: Higher floors get more sun on the balcony!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank BEN B
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I am just returned from 16 nights at The Strelitzias Apartments with two friends , we were there for Maspalomas Pride 2013. The staff were all very friendly and non intrusive and were very helpful as and when any problems arose . The security was very good and we had no losses. The apartment was serviced and cleaned daily with clean towels (except Sundays) , we had a coffee maker ( which was immediately replaced when it stopped working , within ten minutes, does service get any better than this ?), a refrigerator, hob and microwave, cutlery and basic crockery. We were in apartment 502 on the 5th floor and we had stunning views of both the sea and beach from the rear balcony and of the mountains from the front of the apartment . The pool was cleaned fastidiously early every morning except Sunday and was a joy to use and lounge around meeting other guests . I would have no hesitation in recommending these budget apartments and should I ever go back to Playa Del Ingles I shall book apartment 502 again.

Room Tip: Apartment 502 had amazing view of the beach from the rear balcony ( albeit in the distance beyond ot...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank majical1
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was my second year staying at these apartments after having a great stay last year, and once again they were the ideal place to stay. I stayed for two weeks over Pride Week and the hotel was a great place to be as everyone mixed at the pool and had a great time. After Pride, the hotel was a lot more quiet and was a good place to chill out at the pool.

The apartments were spotless and cleaned daily. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. The only downside is the area can get a bit dodgy at night time so do no travel about alone at night.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 407 which appeared to have been refurbished compared with other apartments in the b...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends