“Peace and quiet in luscious green landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pasion Tropical

Pasion Tropical
Lyons, Rhone-Alpes, France
“Peace and quiet in luscious green landscape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is the Oasis that makes Gran Canaria worth going to. I stayed in an apartment that was spacious and bright with all necessary facilities and an intimate patio. The staff was friendly and respectful of ones privacy. Whatever you are looking for whether it is privacy and quiet times or partying with new friends is possible because of the way the resort with built. For me the highlight was a morning of reading and listening to music watching the sea and enjoying the sun!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Karim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Unlike previous posts, I found the staff friendly and helpful. The two story apartments are nice and spacious.
My only complaint is in our unit, I found that if you get up in the middle of the night and turn the lights on in the bathroom, you will see some roaches. However they provide bug spray upstairs and downstairs in the apartment for your convenience. I would guess it is hard to control this as there are kitchens in every unit.
As far as the grounds they are very well kept and secluded. The Thursday gathering is very nice and recommend. Yes the pool is very inviting and is perfect for cooling off. The shuttle service was very convenient and runs right on time.
I would stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: I would suggest reserving as early as possible
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank BILLJ_GA
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

Despite now having stayed at Pasion Tropical three times the complete lack of recognition by the owners is proving a bore. We love the fact that Achille is clearly contining to invest in the property (new beds, nice furniture on the roof and stunning gardens) but with such a small hotel he could do more to engage with guests.

Transit into town can be irregular and do call ahead to confim arrangements for collecting keys! We let in a travel weary couple and discovered no-one had any means of contacting the owner who was out.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jedward97
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Just back from a short 4 day break in Gran Canaria with my partner, stayed at Pasion Tropical, after searching many other hotels and guest houses on line we chose this one as it sounded lovely and I have to say it was fantastic very intimate and cosy with clean apartments great facilities small swimming pool but more than adequate for cooling off after laying out by the clothing optional poolside. Coutesy bus to sand dunes and Yumbo centre throughout the day was great and literally 2 mins walk to the beach and about 40mins walk to the Yumbo if you prefered...would definatly return :-)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ratty33
gent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

i loved it , nice staff , quit area , clean rooms , and go on ....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Reggio Emilia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

It's not easy for me to be "clear" in my review because when I think to go in Gran Canaria, Pasion Tropical is the first plase I call for a room!
It's a MUST! And I stayed there 3 times.
I went the first time in sept 2000 for 2 weeks; I remember a WONDERFUL room painted with very nice colour; a small nice kitchen for who wants to cook in room.
The staff was very nice and friendly; the place simply wonderful, full of tropical plants.
A small pool with a nice waterfall, a Jacuzzi, sun beds and a small bar.
And now the place for apro on the roof.
The location is a bit far from the center but with few euro in taxy you can easily reach Jumbo Center.
You can also walk from PT to Jumbo; in 45/50 minutes you are there! Is a nice excuse to move your butt. :-)
The positive of this location is that you can sleep VERY well; you can feel the wind from the ocean. It's cool.
I've read a strange negative review and I was trying to figure out the reasons of this.
MY first time in GC, on the beach, someone rubbed my backpack with phone and camera; and a Policeman was close to me!
Of course in PT must advise customers about this situations; we have to remember that IF someone meets someone else for sex and he bring him inside the PT, this person can be there to do something different; I mean RUB!
Other strange thing: PT is not for english people??
Canary Island are 95% made for English people; c'mon!
I spoke with many english guy and all of them were happy to stay there.
I'm so sad this guy did not find in the PT's staff the person expected; sometimes happen.
I wish to rent one room for my retirement: is it possible?

:-)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Riva Del Garda, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

I am just back from a wonderful holiday in Plaja del Ingles, Grand Canaria, hotel PASION TROPICAL
I have been in Gran Canaria several times in the past , usually choosing big hotels beside the shopping centres area. This time I choose PASION TROPICAL, located in San Agustin, one of the districts of Plaja del Ingles.
I couldn't have done better choice! It is like to be in another world: no cement as I was used to before , but green gardens and tropical trees and flowers, no traffic noises but the great sound of the ocean which is right in front of this faboulous complex. And to make it even better, the management organizes a FREE shuttle bus 4 times a day , for those times I decided to visit Jumbo centre in the night time, or the beach of Maspalomas! But most of the time I spent it inside PASION TROPICAL, with lazy days beside the pool, or on the roof terrace overlooking the ocean. I met lot of nice people , and we enjoyed the aperitive served on the terrace, after the sunset, with ocean, moon, candles and modern laser lights as sorrounding playground. The reception and bar staff are helpfull and always ready to provide info and advices . And I appreciated the fact that the owner of the complex is often around to check if everything is ok , asking if they could do better, and I mean it, for me it is impossible!
I normally go for long distance travels, as Caraibbean Sea, to enjoy the wild nature and forget the cement and high buildings , so it is been a wonderful surprise to find out that I can get the same in this place called PASION TROPICAL , flying for 3 hours only.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Bohemia Suites & Spa
Bohemia Suites & Spa
#2 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews

Been to Pasion Tropical? Share your experiences!