“A Pleasant surprise - a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of HL Miraflor Suites

HL Miraflor Suites
Ranked #40 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
“A Pleasant surprise - a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We have just returned from two weeks holiday 8th - 22nd May and stayed in one of the bungalows and have to say we wer really pleased with the facilities and cleanliness within, The cleaners even accommodated our not so early departures in the mornings (due to our very late nights !!!) by leaving our servicing till after midday, The grounds are well maintained - we were even welcomed one morning (3am) watering the grass and pants. WE ate most;y at the buffet servcie within the Ronda and must say that we were very happy with all aspects of this. The grill restaraunt was also very good. All staff especially the gentleman who both checked us in and out were excellent - THANK YOU. We would have no hesitation of staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank torwood

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Braunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Returning guest with my Mother from last year.......so 2nd review which I feel I needed to add in favour of the hotel/staff/experience.

Few things have changed since my last visit But feel I must put a extra special mention about the new chef at the grill restaurant on the Miraflor site ....... this guy can cook a steak to perfection. So it is a must that you should book your allowed evening meal here as opposed to eating at the Rondo (that saying you are A/I - H/B and if your S/C make sure you do indulge yourself as much as possible). The multi-lingual barman/waiter Gian was still here and as helpful as he ever was last time and was also quite taken aback that he'd remembered me from the previous year. A few of the staff have changed but all very professional and very helpful/polite. I was also struck on hard the Gardener worked on the grounds around the bungalows and how beautiful it was kept.

So as a reminder of my last review of here, meals (if A/I - H/B) are taken at the Il Rondo across the road, where also you have all reception facilities and use of bar/pool etc they also serve (self-service) cakes/ pastries/coffee/tea at around 4pm each day. There has been mixed reviews regarding the buffet style food on here and I'd like to remind each traveller that 1: There is only so much you can do with Salad (here they present it well and try and keep it interesting). and 2: They have numerous nationalities here to please and cater for(Spanish/german/dutch/polish/French/English) and manage to do this, so personally feel it is unfair to mark them down on ratings just because of this.......afterall you're in the Canaries not England so don't expect it to be English!!!! The food is warm, edible, well presented and kept in good supply. I turned up 5 minutes before end of service at breakfast and the choice was still well available.

I can't say enough good about this prisitine hotel &bungalows .......... but there is something about the relaxing calm atmosphere here that made me want to return.....and I don't normally visit to the same place twice but in fact I am now pricing up to return later this year with my husband & children.

As for the area I did find myself less critical and more accepting of the surrounding area this time, the buildings I so unwrongly judged, in my last review, house local people who have moved into the resort so they can work here (and work hard they do)!

As for cigs/tobacco duty free etc I still recommend the Bazaar Sai at the c.c.gran chapparal (just round the corner) as the cheapest for those who like to feel they have a bargain.....and don't forget to drop into the Britannia/Windmill for a refreshment or bacon sarnie......

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank ohwhere2go
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stood 1 week with my kids, and really everything was fantastic: the place, the location, the services and of course the weather. The complex was very safe so the children could play nicely.I will come back the sooner I can.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MbrievaO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed in the Bungalows and in my view the accommodation is excellent, simple yes but excellent and fitted our requirements superbly.

The room consisted of a living room/kitchenette, Bathroom and bedroom. Each Bungalow has its own patio area and small garden area which was great for two fold, the kids had somewhere to play away from the pool or the beach whilst waiting for adults to get ready. Also when the kids were tucked away the patio was a lovely spot to sit and enjoy a drink in the evening.

Within the Bungalow complex there is a swimming pool which is split into three pools one appeared to be an adult pool, the second a kid’s pool where floats and splashing was the norm. The third pool being a paddling pool which was more suited to the toddlers however some of the bigger kids fit in there too.

The pool area is surrounded by Sun loungers and there are toilets easily at hand and which were very clean. Adjacent to the pool area is the Bar area which is open from 10:00ish through to 22:30 (which was plenty late enough for us). The Bar was staffed by an exceptionally pleasant young lady called Andrea during the day, not the surly service you receive in the UK. However it was disappointing to hear some of our fellow British tourist forgetting basic manners. The bar had a vast array of drinks available although those choosing A/I board are limited to the local tipple (tastes the same to me), Also available from the Bar was Hamburgers, Chips and Cheese & Ham Toasties - All of which were very nice and quickly available. The evening Barmen was Gian and he was a very friendly Brummie chap, full of advice and information about the local area (quite heavy handed with the Gin I must admit). Both Gian and Andrea were excellent with the kids and made visiting the Pool area friendly and relaxing.

The Bungalows are attached to Hotel Rondo as has been previously stated. Prior to our visit I read the mixed reviews on Food etc but I have to disagree with the Negative. The restaurant is self-service from a large servery section shaped in a horse shoe.

Breakfast presented a huge choice of food from different regions; there was the cereal option which always had approximately 6 options. Your continental option with Hams, Salami's and other cold meats. A huge array of breads and rolls were available, the hot option was varied but always offered some Bacon, Beans, Eggs etc. The bacon and beans did taste a wee bit different to that in UK but nevertheless they remained palatable and pleasant. The fruit juices where from machines and quite possibly concentrate but were good. The dining room is spaced out enough that you don't feel like you are sat in each other’s pockets and there is plenty of staff on hand to clear away the dishes.

Lunch again offered a huge variety including on our visits pizza, pasta, chips, rice and local dishes for the hot option. There was also a huge range of salads available most of which I would describe as being of European descent. However there was the option of building your own salad omitting any dislikes and indulging in your likes! Again the cold meats were plentiful, all the drinks available from the bar for A/I guests and were on draught in the restaurant. However there was a wine list and other drinks available but not necessarily included in the A/I package. The desserts on offer changed regularly and were pleasant but the kids were always distracted by the options of 4 ice-cream flavours and sauce! (Well it's a holiday after all)

Supper again mirrored that of Breakfast and Lunch with the addition of the Chinese Buffet, we did not experience that of those previous reviews stating that Dinner was Lunch just regenerated. However be warned the management has an aversion to flip-flops for dinner footwear although sandals are acceptable, staff will turn away anyone wearing flip-flops. We found the options changed daily but there were always regular dishes such as chips. There was always a Soup starter option. Friday night is Canary Evening and we were joined in the Restaurant by a local native musical duo which was intruding and was quite pleasant as a back ground noise. On offer that evening was meat paella, mussels and a vast array of fish dishes.

Entertainment for the kids is second to none we wrongly initially thought the Dino Club wasn't free however it was and the staff that manned it were very friendly, enthusiastic and motivating for the children offering rewards of balloons or certificates for achievements or good colouring etc. The little club house positioned behind the bar area includes a decent play area but in the club house the kids have a HUGE option of activities from colouring to playing a Wii with the constant back ground noise of cheesy pop for them to bop along to. The staff arranged games and contests for the kids and really encouraged the kids. I couldn't believe how long they worked for as the staff from the kids club manned the Kids disco each evening in Pub Rondo across the road in the hotel. This was geared to the audience and included English, German and Spanish songs and equally noisy and cheesy but again the staff approached it with much gusto.

The Bungalows has some resident Peacocks which my youngest had to visit regularly. The gardeners were feverishly working to maintain the grounds which were very atheistically pleasing. Also resident with the Bungalows were a family of parrots high up in the palm trees and also very cheeky other birds which have a beady eye for any dropped morsel of crisp. The hotel employed an army of cleaners who kept the area very clean and tidy. The cleaners cleaned the rooms every day barring Sunday and Wednesday and made a good job of the room and on one occasion we needed a replacement bed sheet for our youngest's cot and before I managed the 2-3 minute walk back from hotel reception the sheets had arrived at our room. Reception staff were friendly and approachable and answered any questions I had of them.

Overall we stayed for 1 week with 2 adults and a 6 year old and a 22 month old and it suited all of our needs down to a tee. I would advise anyone to visit and I will consider revisiting after the positively relaxing stay we had. The Bungalows are a little oasis away from the Hustle and Bustle although within walking distance of the beach and various shopping centres Yumbo being the closest. However the little SuperMarket underneath the Hotel was well stocked and offered almost everything you could possibly need.

Well Done and Thank you to all the staff

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank cravinggoodsevice
aberdeen scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Central location, minutes from Yumbo shopping centre, bit of a hike to the beach,these bungalows offer peace and quiteness in the town. Not the most spacious 1 bedroomed places you,ll get, but adaquete, also not the best for privacy as, if your sunlounging outside the bungalow you will be lying side by side with your neighbour or will have people passing by on the various footpaths.
The park is part of Il Rondo hotel across the road.This hotel is geared mostly for German / Scandanavian guests which is no problem ( except only 1 English T.V. channel - BBC world news !!!).Very good standard of food on offer for a hotel buffet,wide range of food including chinese selection & good displays of salads etc.Only let down was the charging for any drinks with evening meal including water !!!
There is an additional restaurant /grill beside the bungalows swimming pool which is very nice,this has to be booked preferably 1 day in advance.
All reception staff very friendly and helpful, and bungalows cleaned / towels changed daily.
20 euros for a weeks wi-fi !!! Also 10 euro deposit for T.V. remote. internet available in hotel reception for 1 euro / 10 mins. No kettle supplied in kitchenette but was a coffee maker.Various forms of entertainment laid on in the hotel every night at 9 o clock,aimed mostly for small kids.
In general a good, clean place with high standard food, offering peace and quiet in the middle of the town.Little bit of fine tuning would give this place 4 stars.

Room Tip: Booked 2 " Superior" bungalows, but not sure what the advantage of that was against normal...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Warszawa, Polska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

The bungalows are located within the city of Playa del Ingles, offering peace and quiet. The apartments are spacious, the beds a bit too soft. Nice to have small garden and sun beds. The pools are ideal for families with a normal swimming and kids pool. If you purchase an option with food, you will eat in a nearby hotel. Buffet food is ok, nothing too special. For sure not 4 stars, but better than average. Best to have a car to easily move around the island.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Returning to the Miraflor bungalows after four years, I was pleasantly surprised to find the bungalows in this resort had been tastefully renovated.

I stayed in a one room studio bungalow which was spacious and nicely appointed. As a self-contained unit the bungalow had a fully equipped kichenette (microwave, 2 ring hob, coffee machine), so good for people choosing self-catering option (I elected for half-board, see below).

The bathroom was also a nice size, but only contained a lavatory, wash basin and shower (no bath). Shower gel was supplied in a dispenser, towels were a good supply and the cleaning of the bungalow was regular and to a good standard.

The bungalow I booked contained two single beds. The beds were comfortable and sheets / blankets were in good supply. There was adequate wardrobe space. Unfortunately there is no free wifi, and even the usage of the TV, Air-con and safe are chargeable - this is regrettable, and in my view a safe should be available free of charge (even if they need to secure a deposit for keys etc.).

The Miraflor is part of the Rondo Hotel which is a quick walk across the road. All food for my half-board was served in the Rondo self service buffet. They do now have an a la carte restaurant, which needs to be booked in the morning, but I did not use this option. In general terms the quality of the food both at the breakfast and evening meals is of a very high standard, and also offers a good variety. All beverages at breakfast are included, however, it is regrettable that they do not even provide table water without charging in the evening (guess I should have gone all inclusive!). Travelling alone, it was also of some annoyance that the staff were too efficient in removing my plates and seeking to reallocate my table when I was getting my dessert! Maybe a simple system reserved sign could resolve this.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet bungalow, request one towards the back of the complex.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo