“not that bad.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“not that bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

After reading all the reviews i expected something horrendous. The food wasn't great but it wasn't that bad, something you expect for a 3 star hotel. They changed it every night and had english,german and spanish foods to pick from. The bar staff were okay, very cheeky and happy.
Had a gorgeous view of the sea and loved the area we was situated in. I don't understand why people were complaining about the yumbo being so far away, it was only 3.70euro in a taxi hardly anything! The rooms were very clean and got new towels everyday, beds changed and toilet roll.
Also if you don't like the food go to the supermarket and get some bits. I would not go all inclusive though as some nights the food can be nice and sometimes not, i went half board and was happy with the choice i made. There wasn't any entertainment. But it is what you make of it.
I didn't enjoy the first few days of my holiday as all the guests were either dutch or spanish and we had no-one to talk to. But soon enough, English people arrived and my holiday got better from there! Although i do have one complaint. During the holiday two spanish men would not leave me alone and would sit and stare. And constantly greet us and try to get our attention. When they realised they wasn't getting my attention they found out my hotel room number out and rang my hotel room and was speaking spanish down the phone (laughing) at 12 at night! I am only 17 so i was very scared. But the old man at the receptionist reassured me i'd be okay and showed me how to lock the door properly.

The pool got very dirty during the day and didn't get cleaned, it only got cleaned in the morning. And i came home with a big rash and i know other quests that have rashs all over their body. So try stay out the pool mid day and get in there in the morning.
Another thing the spanish guests who were staying there i think they are locals who just visit every night, were extremely rude and arrogant and looked down on the english.
If you want a cheap, basic hotel thats situated in a gorgeous area with beach views go here!
Just DONT go all inclusive it'll be a big waste of money!!!

Room Tip: I was in room 302 gorgeous room!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kayla S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
motherwell
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here with my fiance for one week and we had a fantastic holiday. Hotel was very clean and great location, our room had a sea view. The food was pretty basic but for a 3 star was fine.

Reception was not the most warm welcome as older gentleman did not speak great english however young girl and boy were on reception in the evening and were very helpful.

Had asked for extra pillows and had to ask on 3 separate occasions and took 3 nights to get them.

Bar staff were extremely friendly and could not have been more helpful.

Pool was not very clean so meant neither myself or fiance used it for the week which was sad.

Overall we were satisfied with the cleanliness of our room but made much better with the view from our balcony.

Room Tip: Request a sea view as these are great.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sidcup, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

ok me and my girlfriend stayed all inclusive at veril playa last year in september. and ill give you an honest review of all aspects of our stay.

The room: the room was spacious and clean. it came with a small kitchen with a small fridge, a medium sized bathroom with decent hot water and a double bed. the only bad side to the room was the double bed was 2 single beds which meant we fell into the middle sumtimes. the balcony came with a table and 2 chairs.

the food: nice food, plenty to choose from (meat and fish) and lovely selection of deserts.

the bar: they dont have wristbands but give u a little peice of paper to show the staff. after a few days u wont need it as theyll reconize you. they are very friendly and give u as many drinks as you want (even shots if you ask)

the pool: medium size pool but always clean and u can enjoy your drink around it (in a plastic cup of course if around pool)

the location: literally 30 seconds walk from a gorgous sandy beach. perfect!

overall for the price this hotel is fantastic and dont worry about a thing. beware if you are a snob. its a budget hotel hence the price.

Room Tip: the rooms nice and drinking on the balcony at night is lovely. close the door b4 you sleep if you do...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Daniel_Boone_84
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel has definitely ruined my holidays. The place was picked by my friend as it seemed a good value for money as we wanted all inclusive.

The waiter kept touching my hair and kept calling me "Natasha" even though it is not my name, I found it extremely rude almost cried.

later he invited me to his apartment to spend a night with him, I complained to manager, who apologised but only added, perhaps the waiter was joking as he is a married man with a child....offensive and rude joke in this case :(

Secondly, we noticed that food that was for breakfast, left overs were re-used for dinner buffet. Never came across this type of restaurant, food was horrible and cold, agree with previous comments.

Additionally, me and my friends always drink rose wine and after we were served "pinky water" what is meant to be a rose, I complained saying that it has no taste and it cannot be right, they apologised and brought me proper rose asking if thats better.

Rooms were nice and clean. Reception nice and helpful.

Food and beverage experience overall left me speechless and angry! Never in my life I came across so rude service, I had cheeky bartenders who can nicely flirt, but never had someone touching my hair or calling me Natasha :(

Would not recommend it would rather stay on the street than go back, sorry

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hannah571

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

The food was terrible and cold. The same breakfast was offered every single morning and the orange juice was warm giving some residents a bad stomach. There was not a huge choice of evening meals, It would be acceptable for a one week stay but pity anybody that stay there for two weeks. The accommodation was clean and tidy but the room was not cleaned every week and the beds were squeaky. The staff were polite. The greatest disappointment was that there was not any evening entertainment as advertised. This apparently was due to the football. This accomodation should be advertised as 2 star.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lotti S
Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

we have literally just got back from our holiday...june 2012, i have very mixed feelings about this hotel, we had read a few of the reviews on this site, so we knew or had a pretty good idea what to expect. The room was very clean, the bathroom is in desperate need of something doing to it, but with that in mind, acceptable for the price we paid, personally i would only do self catering in this hotel, at a push breakfast. The same things others have complained about happened to us, if your quick in the shower, then the water lasts. Towels were only changed every other day, and on one of the days, they only left one towel for 2 adults for 2 days????? The view from all the rooms face either the pool or the sea or both...and is a beautiful sight..we asked for extra pillows and had no problem getting them. The sticking problem for me was the food, it is under no uncertain terms, less than adequate, not a lot of choice, very basic, catering mainly for the german market i felt. sadly for me 5 days into our weeks holiday i ate something in the hotel that gave me awful food poisoning, i didnt leave the room or bed for a good 24 hours, and had to leave within the 48 as it was our departure date, my partner informed the reception that i had taken ill, he was told that the manager would be informed and given an emergency doctors number to phone if i got worse. The following day no member of staff asked if i was ok, or what was said, we were then told by other guests that the manager wont do anything he has no interest.!! the hotel is a fair walk along the prom to the resort centre, a good 20 mins i would say. The good bits were for us in june, there was no problem getting around the pool, there was always plenty of room, the view was gorgeous, that pretty much was it. If you want just a quiet base thats basic then this is ok, i dont think after the food poisoning i would return again even if it was self catering, there is so much more in the resort to choose from, shame it could be a nice little hotel with a bit of consideration to its guests from the owner/manager.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank franstep
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

@tomil69 I was there the same time in room 201.

Only restaurant you can use is the buffet one if you're all inclusive which the description didn't say. Food was horrible. Would not go all inclusive if I was you, you ca get a steak in the yumbo for 5 euros!

Staff were rude, and you could only have a small selection of drinks. You had to pay for cocktails. Didn't get clean towels until I found a maid to ask. Got shouted at coz I lost my roOm key and had to have another one. It's a half hour walk to the yumbo, when the description had told us 5 minutes. The beds r rock hard as well. Entertainment was disgraceful. Consisted of a man with a mic pressing buttons on his keyboard and singing rubbish songs.

Only bonuses were that the pool was clean and the computers were newish. Other than that I'm sure we could have got more for less and something closer to where we wanted to be!

• Stayed May 2012