Hotel THe Anamar Suites
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
US$195
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
US$85
US$81
  • Pool
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
US$286
Hotel Caserio(Playa del Ingles)
US$167
US$185
US$165
US$149
US$60
Hotel Riu Don Miguel(Playa del Ingles)
US$118
US$114
  • Pool
LABRANDA Playa Bonita(Playa del Ingles)
US$199
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjunior suiteyumbo centregran canariapool areawould stay againno air conself cateringfew issuessunny balconybus stopstandard roomcentral locationone bedroom apartmentthe ground floornice bathroomhotel restaurantsmall supermarket
Reviewed 28 April 2013

A nice little hotel and the apartments and communal areas are very clean. Friendly staff except for the middle aged German female receptionist who never smiles! She did not make me feel welcome and did not offer the services like the pool bar to me for lunch when I arrived. She has been in the same job over 30 years! I spoke to the Manager about her attitude. The Manager, Luis was very pleasant and spoke very good English. Pool area very nice and well kept. The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good. The hotel is very close to the Yumbo Centrum.

Room Tip: The Yumbo Centrum is very close by to the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Max R
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in March and was initially attracted by the location and reasonable price.

The previous 4 nights I had been at the Buenos Aires, which is considerably better overall.

What I didnt like was no free wifi and you had the leave a €20 deposit for the TV remote.

i asked for a room on the ground floor and they initially gave me a room on the 11th floor and told me it was a nice apartment -ended upon the 5th which was about as high as i can stomach.

I think I had a suite de-luxe room and thought is was just average. The pool area was way to small for the number of rooms and was mainly used by loud spanish families.

My room on the 5th floor has a massive balcony with sunbeds and table and chairs - but only got about 3 hours of sun in the morning

On the positive side the location is excellent with the la sandia CC 2 minutes away with nice bars, resturants and supermarkets and about 5 minutesto the sea front promonade.

Wouldnot stay again as I have been to many better places - but for the money is not a bad option.

Room Tip: some rooms get very little sun. hotels at the Front will get more
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UuxbridgeHorace
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed here 17 March 2013 - 24 March 2013. Stayed in Room 504. I think the accommodation was excellent value for money.
It is kept very clean. Went for a Superior Room after reading that Standard Rooms don't have a kettle or toaster. The room faced the rear of the hotel. The sunshine in the very large balcony lasted till 11:30AM. This suited us as we liked to have breakfast in the sunshine. The front facing rooms had sunshine in the afternoon and evening. Spent afternoons in the swimming pool area. The pool was heated which surprised me as I was expecting cold water. Very pleasant indeed.
The location is fantastic. 10 mins to the beach and 10 mins to the Yumbo Centre. Just around the corner there is a Super Dino Supermarket and eating places. In general food prices were very reasonable (similar to UK prices), but most places charged a lot for drinks. Try the many Chinese Buffets (eat as much as you like) for only E7.00.
Our first time in Gran Canaria. Was surprised how warm it was. Had looked at various weather forecasts which pedicted max 22C. Hovever on all the days it was between 25C - 28C. There are many temperature displays all over the resort. In the evening it was a between 18C to 20C. Needed a light jacket.
Numerous reviews have complained about the beds. I agree that they were very hard. Maybe all beds are hard in this part of the world.
I would definitely go again.

Room Tip: For morning sunshine choose rear facing. For afternoon sunshine choose front facing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mukund D
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Just back from a pleasant 7 night stay. Although I had requested one of the very sort after front rooms, I was given Room 500 on ground floor, this was immedieatly behind the reception and doubles as a disabled friendly room, overlooking car park. It was noisy as you could hear their phone ringing and also an exit door from the four lower floors at the back was just underneath the balconey.
I was not happy about leaving the doors open at night as anyone could climb onto the balconey. Having paid £309, I complained and was promised they would try to move me on my 3rd night, which they did. I was put in 901 although at the back, great views but sun was gone by around 11am. No fault of the hotel but when windy it was not pleasant siting out there. The rooms have very basic equipment and set up for 3 people, but managed to cook breakfast every morning and a few meals at night. The utensils are the big let down; the first room had a tea pot, a skimmer and even a cork screw, the second had neither but did have a large carving fork and a small sharp knife.
The cleaning seemed to be every second day and of course not Sunday. All the staff were very pleasant and I only speak basic Spanish but managed to sort out things, the reception of course speak excellent English.The pool opens at 9 am and not 10 as the sign says, the usual battle of the sunbeds took place each morning, in the end I joined them by popping down with my towel too!. Maybe due to changeovers the weekend seemed not a problem.

I had always stayed in The Carmen , so the Anamar was an ideal location and it was only towards the end of the holiday, I realised that by going to level 2 and out through the back garden you can get to the main beach.I would recommend a travel kettle for those tea drinkers. I walked to the Mercadona at San Fernando and got most supplies for the week and I then used a taxi back costed €4. This saved a lot of money from previous visits and picked up fresh bread at Hyper Dino across road as I needed it.

I look forward to returning to the Anamar in the future.

Room Tip: Front is most sunny and the "garden pool area" get the afternoon sun. As floors go 1 to 12 at front they tend to go to long term clients.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cuggsy1
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We lived in room 1212.It was not wheelchairaccessible but I could make it anyway.Otherwise there is coulple of accesible rooms.It was near Yumbo and taxi from beach was under 3€.The Hotel was clean and quite silent.I would definetly go again.Tv chanels were in English,Spanish and mostly in German.

Room Tip: 12th floor,balconyview to La Sandia
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple