“poorest room in the hotel”

Hotel THe Anamar Suites
Ranked #37 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“poorest room in the hotel”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

we came back from gran canaria early this morning,we stayed at the ANAMAR SUITES. the room we stayed in was number 308,the view from the living room window was great if you like looking at a stairwell,there was no kettle or toast making facilities....as we were self catering it was poor to say the least, the bedroom was absolutely freezing cold at night which made sleeping very difficult. The staff seemed friendly and the room was cleaned every couple of days, the pool area is very small with no room for sunbeds but was always clean and tidy.This hotel is in a handy location for the beach and the YUMBO CENTRE which has bars and restaraunts and is close to bus stops making easy travelling to anywhere on the island

Room Tip: the lower floor rooms have very poor views as they are below street level, try to book higher level...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kev1262

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Well I wasn't sure what to expect with this hotel, there were mixed reviews, especially in relation to the beds not being very good, and the cleaning staff being rude.

I have to say that was not my experience. It is true the beds are firm, but I slept extremely well on them, and that is unusual for me as I tend to sleep really poorly when not at home. The cleaning staff, and maintenance staff were excellent and really friendly. The rooms were a decent size, and despite being close to a road there wasn't that much noise. The rooms were clean, and tidy, and a really good location, only two minutes walk from the Yumbo.

I am afraid it wasn't all good news though. My confirmation was for Garden/Pool View, and I'd asked for a high floor. I was put on a high floor but no pool view, no garden view, no balcony, and windows that for safety reasons were restricted to only opening two inches. I went back to reception showed them my confirmation and was told the hotel didn't posses any garden/pool views. The receptionist was quite abrupt, however I was offered another room which at least had a balcony over looking the road. I went out for some shopping and then found I was locked out of the room and had to have maintenance out on three occasions, as they would fix it, go, and then it would stop working again.

I then asked reception for a late check out, same receptionist as before, abrupt and rude, no negotiation, hotel fully booked, and that was that. I wasn't even asked how late, and the cleaning staff hadn't even been arriving on my floor until 3.30 ish.

Came to final night of my stay, same receptionist, went to go out, and this time my door wouldn't lock. Receptionist came down said nothing he could do, he was on his own, and why couldn't I just leave the door open when I went out. It was then suggested I could be moved to a different room. I pointed out he had told me they were fully booked, we are he goes, so how are you going to move me. It wasn't a very helpful suggestion that I start moving all my stuff at 10 at night so I could enjoy my final night anyway. I asked to speak to the manager, and he said I could but not till following day. The receptionist then walked off saying he would have to go, he was on his own, and didn't offer me any way of resolving the problem. I demanded to speak to the manager, he was contacted at home and rang me. It was at this stage the situation improved drastically an engineer was called out to repair the door (and arrived within fifteen minutes). a late check was arranged, and the receptionists whole attitude changed.

I had a meeting the following day with the manager and to be fair it wasn't his fault, he hadn't been made aware of any of the issues, and he assured me he would speak to the staff, and provided his contact details to contact him should I wish to return, and his assurances I would have a better stay next time.

I try to make my reviews balanced, and in essence the hotel is a very nice value hotel, in a good location, with clean and tidy rooms. Very helpful housekeeping, and maintenance staff. I would absolutely stay here again, and I have every faith that if I return the issues I experienced this time will be resolved.

I have not reduced my rating based on the issues, and have rated it based on my general view of the hotel.

Should I experience similar issues next time I will write a further review rating accordingly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Julian158158
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

1- The hotel was selected for the money value, something no expensive but close to the ocean and the walking area.
2- Late arrival but we had some dinner ready to go to the room !! Nice.
3- Room not bad with small kitchen corner and some cutlery, plates and cooking stuff.
3- TV without remote, very inconvenience.
4- No hair fan.
5- Poor internet signal, expected at least free at the reception area.
6- Perfect food selection on a daily basis.
7- Five minutes walk to playa ingles, morning run etc, perfect.
8- Five minutes walk to Yumbo center with good shop collection, ATM machines and banks, pharmacy and information center, bus stop and taxi stop.
9- swimming pool the only facility in the hotel, not even warm water and open to the street, needs to be covered from the street attraction as the rest of hotels around.
10- Reception people are very helpful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mohi S
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The apartments are in a great location and were very good value, but to be honest it's worth paying a bit more for something slightly better. The beds are very uncomfortable and you don't get a kettle (they don't even have spare ones that you can hire) unless your in a superior room. You have to pay for wifi, which wasn't a problem, only it didn't work very well so is a bit of a rip off! Also the room was north facing (I assume the superior rooms are south facing) so any washing took 2 days to dry. Overall the holiday was enjoyed despite these minor irritations, but these apartments will be avoided in future.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here, get a superior room!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AnamarSuites, Gerente at Hotel THe Anamar Suites, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear JKB 1977:
We are pleased to contact you and thank you for the rating received. We are proud to serve our customers every day in Koala Garden Suites.
So I would like to remark our commitment to improve quality and service. Highlight our full readiness to implement improvements, which are fed by your opinions. Also commenting that because of the heterogeneity of customers and schedules standardization , we provide our clients with the service according to the most widely used criteria in the hotel industry. Please, let us have the opportunity to serve you at Koala Garden Suites to cover your expectations again.

Best regards.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a good budget self catering hotel with the option of breakfast and others meals available, its Ideally located with a 5min walk to all the gay bars/clubs and eating places at the Yumbo Centre (turn right out of main entrance), for the supermarket cross the road and you'll see it. There's no free WIFI but two separate tariffs one for communal areas on the ground floor/pool area and a premium rate if you want in your room, but if you want it for free go to Yumbo Centre. Most of the staff are gay friendly although the older ones still frown at it but they also know that we're contributing to their pay packet. The flats are equipped with the basics in the kitchen there's no kettle or microwave, to boil water use a pan on the mini cooker. Security is 24/7 as there's always a porter on duty. Access to the beach is also a short walk but the gay nude beach via the dunes will take you about 30-40mins that's if you want no tan lines. There's no gym but we went to Olympic beach gym as its very well kept/equipped and close to the hotel. The flat gets cleaned every day and the bedding changed every 2 days. In general the hotel is well kept, in good order and in a great location for everything and not expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a top or upper floor flat facing the pool as they're coolest in the morning and evening...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovely1couple
Dear customer:
We are pleased to contact you and thank you for the rating received. We are proud to serve our customers every day in Anamar Suites.
So I would like to remark our commitment to improve quality and service. Highlight our full readiness to implement improvements, which are fed by your opinions.Please, let us have the opportunity to serve you at Anamar Suites to cover your expectations again.

Best regards.
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was there one month ago. Nice place, very near to beach. It costs 3 euro to take taxi to clubs, pubs etc. I had a room on the last floor with nice view over the city. I can recommended this place to everyone who want cheap hotel with nice standard and clean rooms. There was only one thing which was very annoying - WIFI. Very expensive and [--].

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank fritzek
Bournemouth, England
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and myself have been to the anamar twice and will come again next year. The staff are friendly, the pool is very clean and the rooms are good. There is a supermarket a minute away. The beach is about a 7 minute walk, next to the beach are lots of bars, restaurants and shops. We have really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013