Hotel THe Anamar Suites
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
US$196
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
US$141
  • Pool
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
US$285
US$194
US$186
  • Pool
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
US$81
  • Pool
Hotel Caserio(Playa del Ingles)
US$167
LABRANDA Playa Bonita(Playa del Ingles)
US$189
US$183
US$149
US$146
Hotel Riu Don Miguel(Playa del Ingles)
US$114
US$60
All reviewsjunior suiteyumbo centregran canariapool areawould stay againno air conself cateringfew issuessunny balconybus stopstandard roomcentral locationone bedroom apartmentthe ground floornice bathroomhotel restaurantsmall supermarket
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love Gran Canaria for many different reasons and have been there so many time I don't ever remember how many. Finding a good hotel is always a struggle and I sometimes find it very frustrating that with so many hotels around it's always so hard to do it right.

After booking this hotel I was a little bit sceptical as on so many occasions I read some good reviews only to find out that the room I was staying in was a little bit disappointing, saying no more. The same was with Anamar and I am glad to say it wasn't necessary. You get what you pay for and it's money well spend.

First of all is the location of this hotel, which is one of the best in Playa Del Ingles, with walking distance mostly to everywhere. It's just a short (3-5 min) walk to Yumbo Center if you like to do some shopping or eat a dinner at one of many restaurants, no ever mention plenty of bars and cafes to have a drink. No much longer it will take to walk to the beach and big supermarket (much cheaper than other in the area) is just on the corner. Bus stop to the airport or Las Palmas is located just outside Yumbo, so it is really easy to travel around if you would like to discover the beauty of Gran Canaria.

We pay a little extra for upgraded room not really sure what to expect, but it was worth a few pounds extra to get extra large balcony with two sun beds, table and chairs to have a dinner outside. There is just a few rooms like that, but it's really worth paying extra.

From other things worth to mentioning:
+ very clean place with nice restaurant where you can get breakfast for a few pounds and dinner just over 10
+ kitchen facilities are basic, but got everything you will need to cook or make a coffee on the morning.
+ generally this place is very quiet and you don't hear noises coming from bars and clubs around, like it often is a issue with hotels around shopping centres
+ very friendly staff at the reception desk who speak English (not only German) and is more than happy to answer all your questions.

This hotel was build probably in 1970's and you can see that some kind of renovation will take place soon. BUt don't get mistaken: its clean and very comfortable.

If there was something I didn't like it was lack of free WiFi and the one you can get paying extra prove to be very slow with disparaging signal and is not worth spending money at all. The rooms are not cleaned everyday and on self catering we end up with bags full of smelly rubbish. Be aware, that they do not provide any soup or shower gel in the bath, so you have to get your own one. The same in the kitchen, we end up buying washing up liquids on holiday which was the last thing I would love to do when on holiday. And fridge should be updated, the one in our room was old with doors not always closing properly, but otherwise was working just fine.

Summarising - it's one of best 3 star hotels I stayed recently in Playa Del Ingles and will reconsider doing that again. The guest are mostly young and might end up with the party on the balcony, but don't worry, they never stay long and it was always quiet after 11 pm. I would love to see how it will looks after renovation, but it might not happen as yet. I am sure you will enjoy your stay there as we did.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a larger balcony, it's really worth it. Lots of space and if you don't want to go to the beach you can lay down on sun beds provided and get some lovely tun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Pawel S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have had a great time at Anamar. For the price we have paid, hotel standard was very good, apartments comfortable with good size balconies. Only criticism I would have is, that there was no washing up liquid nor sponge in the kitchenette, which would be practical. We have of course bought these but as we have only stayed less then a week, it would have been great, if it was included as we don't like to leave unwashed dishes behind. Otherwise hotel staff was friendly, pool size ok, great jacuzzi. Can't comment on food as we have only stayed on Room Only basis. Hotel location is very good, walking distance to Yumbo Centrum, where are located various bars, restaurants, shops. There are also two local supermarkets nearby the hotel, caa 2 min walk. Beach is about 10 min walk away and there are local buses just around the corner from the hotel too, taking you around the island and to/from airport. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Monika M
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For a price and quality this hotel is one of the best in Playa del Ingles, we were celebrating our honeymoon and decided to spend more money on the fun things and attractions than on the hotel, but to choose Anamar Suites was a great decision, rooms were very clean, towels changed regularly, people in the reception were helpful. the location is very good, few minutes from the beach and Jumbo center, bus from airport stops only few minutes walk, and everything is walking distance from the hotel, there was a little disappointing breakfast in the hotel, but as we had self catering apartments that was not a problem at all, it just was not for my taste. Pool beside the hotel was pretty small, but pool bar made for it :) For all it was a great stay and would recommend this hotel for everyone

Room Tip: There are only few rooms with big terraces, so ask for them, its a great addition to a nice relaxing times!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I came here on a last minute break, expecting el cheapo, however, I could not have been more wrong. The complex is very clean, good sized rooms. Nice pool and terrace, within 5 mins walk of the popular Yumbos centre, and a 10 minute walk to the amazing beaches and beach side shopping complex, local supermarkets, chemists, and doctors are all within arms reach of the front of the main entrance for peace of mind, there is a wealth of things to do when here, and all priced to be attractive, definitely a family venue, with adult attractions available should you need them, and I will definately be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Travelots69
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this apartment and I love you're spacious it is. The receptionist is very friendly. Although the hotel looks slightly dated I was happy to stay as it was definitely value for money. I will be stating here again.

• Stayed: April 2014