“Amazing value for money and a superb rooftop terrace.”

Las Arenas Apartamentos
Ranked #77 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing value for money and a superb rooftop terrace.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have reviewed a number of properties in Playa Del Ingles and this is a definite "Star Find".
On my latest trip I wanted to explore another self catering hotel - to be honest I am sick and tired of fighting with the Germans and Russians in the food queues at all inclusive or half board hotels. I have been visiting this island for (Ouch!) 30 years now and with a good geography of Playa Del Ingles chose this hotel on a last minute, cheap get away deal. what a pleasure it turned out to be, check in is via a 24hr staffed desk, staff are very happy to help - all you need to do is ask, if the person at reception does not know they will find some one who does - even remembering a day or two later. The cleaning and chambermaid staff are excellent, not a cockroach in sight unlike a number of the 5 star hotels I have stayed at on this Island. There is a snack bar on site if you wish serving the usual pizza and burgers as well as many, many restaurants and bars within 5 minutes walking distance. you have a fridge and cooker there is a supermarket (Basic) within a 2 minute walk - really it is only 2 minutes - not brochure speak. For me the biggest selling point was the enormous roof terrace with a section for nudity if you want this, not for me but available non the less. Fantastic sea views from here and it is well partitioned for your privacy. A ten to fifteen (Max) walk from the Yumbo and 5 minute walk from the beach with it excellent multi national restaurants and bars. I saved 250.00 GBP by staying here instead of all inclusive and ate when I wanted not tied to meal times. All in all spent the same as I would have as an all inclusive guest but enjoyed the freedom of eating and drinking when I wanted to. Transport links to the rest of the Island are very close by walkinf along the front to the bus terminus - The very helpful staff will even draw you a map. Please feel free to ask me any questions about my stay here - I promise you I am just a Trip Advisor Traveller and have no links to this property.

Room Tip: I always like a high floor but did not meet anyone who complained as this property is just off the m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MartinA244

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice little studio apartment,basic ,clean,close to beachKeep away from hopping centre accross the road
Full of druggies,prostitutes,voodoo women!!not for the light heated!!!!!
yumbo centre 4 euros in a taxi
sea front that is lovely not that far.
nice clean studio with L shape terrace.
worth every penny

Room Tip: try to get a rom on the ground floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank kerry_webster
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Last September I stay here with a friend, now this was my first time to Gran Canaria, so we went for two weeks and stayed in these apartments, all o quit bacies. it was alright for our needs. all the apartments had balconies. we got an apartment looking out to the sea, and the solarium was brill all you had to do was go up onto the roof, and you were in the solarium, natural sunshine

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John C
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Well we're do I start. Arrived at the hotel. Went to the room. Walked in and thought the place had been smashed to bits. The plaster was off the walls. Rooms very small. No TV no kettle. Rust on the kitchen . Wen you was in bed. They were so hard the floor was softer not only that every time you moved the bed was so loud it woke you up. Never got a decent sleep. And the shower was dirty I had to clean it my self. The hot water lasted ten seconds. The door never had a proper lock on it. We were on the bottom floor and the window would not lock in the kitchen. So you did not feel safe. People at night time who lived in the place were so noisy they kept you awake till all hours. The restaurant was shut doing building work. Was not in formed. We checked out early. And found somewhere else to stay. I don't normally give bad reviews but this was terrible. One thing the pool was clean. But they shut it early than the time they said it shut. And no free wifi in the rooms. Even though they say free wifi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tom7433

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Booked on for 2 weeks. We had to check out and find alternative accommodation. The walls in the room cracked and crumbling, windows wouldn't lock which would have been acceptable on a higher floor but as we were on the bottom we didn't feel safe. No kettle or tv and the noise at night was loud but the beds were that bad you couldn't sleep anyway. Every night when we walked back we would get jumped on by the prostitutes that stood outside the hotels entrance that wouldn't take no for an answer. Loved gran canaria but will not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Great location - really central and right by the beach
Lovely fun staff - enjoyed the champagne at breakfast!
Good value for money - our apartment was fantastic
Pool was clean, good size
A really enjoyable stay .... And staff that were always willing to help

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Vinni123
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

As a budget option I wasn't expecting the Ritz or 5* service but this hotel seriously let my friend and I down in almost every conceivable way.

During our 7 night stay we've encountered exceptionally rude and unhelpful staff (except for a delightful English speaking lady on reception some days who was a joy). Upon asking for a second room key, we were told that this was possible but to come back the next day for it. After paying the deposit for it, the hotel staff pointed out a facility to mind our keys at reception; except during our stay they managed to misplace both keys without any explanation or assistance. Avoid leaving your keys or indeed anything at reception.

Our room was very clean and what we expected but our shower only seemed to provide hot water for the first minute. Despite reporting this numerous times nothing was done. On our penultimate day the shower head snapped off unexpectedly whilst I was taking a shower, we reported this again and was assured it would be fixed the next day f as you can guess nothing was done and no assistance offered.

The hotel location is not ideal; adjacent to the Kasbah Centre which bombards you with pushy sales people offering women, food, drugs and boat parties - it's also a fair trek from the yumbo centre and the beach, even our transfer coach didn't drop us off directly in front of it and we encountered many taxi drivers unaware of its location.

The pool was scandalously cold and no atmosphere was present in the pool area with no bar and no music of any kind allowed by the pool - definitely not a hotel if you like a good time by the pool.

The hotel did offer free WiFi in the lobby areas and a convenient washer/dryer room but that's the only major plus side really.

Spend the extra few pounds on a hotel with friendlier staff and a better location - this place wasn't worth the money we saved or spent. Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed May 2013