“Terrible”

Green Park Apartments
Cork, Ireland
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

ROBBED- We went out leaving the cleaner to clean ( because the room had no cleaning supplies), came back 3 hours later to notice my phone was robbed, i pod touch and the rest of the money we had for the week was gone, shocked and upset we went to reception, (I had all my stuff hidden in our room, so the cleaner had a good look around) the receptionist replied So WHAT?! so i repeated the story and he says "Its not my problem" .. It seemed that he was used to this thing and wasn't bordered. I would pay that bit extra for the comfort if anything did happen that the staff wouldn't be so IGNORANT as they were in GREEN PARK
TV METERS- on the TV there's a meter box. 1 euro for half hour. i know being on holidays u wont be watching TV but still the option should still be there.
MOTOR WAY- The load motor woke us up most nights. It was terrible.

Room Tip: Stay in another apartment would be my best advise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank niamh w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
Tromso, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Green Park Apartments is nestled in Pleya Del Ingles, close to the beach, bus connections to other places and several restaurants in short walking distance. This is by no means a hotel where you think wow as soon as you get there, but the atmosphere is very good and you get guaranteed good advice and help from everyone at the reception. Would especially like to highlight Molli who work the front desk. He is a very nice employee. The complex has a large pool area with loungers and a bar at the back, and a roof terrace. Nothing to fault at room cleaning.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor, I guess it would be nice to stay up in 3rd og 4th floor with a view...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Buktaboy
Cork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am just after returning from a one week stay here, we read the reviews and we were a bit worried, when we arrived it was okay, the room was clean and that was our main concern, however on the friday we asked a maid to clean our room, we had refused on previous occasions but as we were left with no cleaning utensils we eventually had to ask a lady to clean it, we arrived back to find our ipod, phone and the last of our money gone! We were quite shocked and scared so went to reception to report it, his response ,'So what?', I can't help you', he wouldn't even tell us where the closest police station was to report it. We couldn't believe it, I told him I would give him a description of he lady and maybe he could ask her about it, he told me not to bother and sat back behind his desk. A different receptionist, the next day took a copy of our statement and that was about it, she never asked for a description of the maid and so obviously had no interest in actually addressing the situation. it was a scary situation to be in and no-one there was interested in offering us any assistance or words of comfort. I would highly recommend staying somewhere else in playa del ingles!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 547Adrienne

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here in mid december with my girlfriend, after reading through many reviews I was quite anxious as to what expect. However when we arrived the staff were amazing, the room was clean and in good nic, everything worked how it should, only problem was the heat and the fact we didn't have an air-con'd room. People expect 5* hotels and when they find something to moan about they want to come out with "oh its ruined our holiday" no! You get what you pay for, a cheap chearful place

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank jamietanner
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Only stay here if you plan on staying out drinking all day/night therefore don't notice the rock hard mattress and general state of the apartment. Upon arrival we were pretty shocked at the accommodation. We decided to console ourselves with a glass of wine on the balcony, then found ourselves locked outside 4 floors up due to a faulty lock on the balcony door. After panicking my boyfriend had to climb over the side of the balcony and dropped down to another and then onto the roof above the reception. He explained the situation and got another set of keys to get back in and free me!!

No apologies whatsoever and when we also complained about our rock hard mattresses they were replaced by worse ones! To top it off our bedrooms exterior wall was the walkway where really drunk people walked/stumbled by loudly at all hours of the night.

So, as I stated before - stay here only if you wish to party all day and night and don't care where u rest your head at night !

• Stayed April 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Towels they put on the third day I wouldn't use to clean the floor ( dirty and used badly ) . When we asked for Kettle they told us to use microvawe instead. Towel rail broken in the bathroom . Rooms has not been cleaned properly ( floors covered in sand ) . No Air Con - but described as a rooms with Air Con . I had to defrosted fridge myself becouse there was so much ice inside that we could not close the doors properly . Totally nightmare Make sure you avoid this hotel especially if you go with your children . The worst hotel I ever been !!!!!
See pictures below

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can , close to motorway, tiny swimming pool
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Vlad b
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel is only average and although it isn't terrible there is better in playa del ingles for similar price range. Staff are helpful but hotel is run down and very little facilities. Situated across from Irish center which is currently a building site!

• Stayed September 2012