“Green Park Apartments - not that bad”

Green Park Apartments
england
“Green Park Apartments - not that bad”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Honestly, after reading some of the reviews on here about Green Park Apartments I can honestly say that you get what you pay for!! Myself and my friend decided we needed a week's sunshine, & myself never having been to Gran Canaria before (my friend had been a few years ago staying at another resort) we thought we would give it a try. We were a bit dubious at first especially after reading some of the reviews, but we had already booked. Our ground floor apartment was spotless, the only thing we missed was a kettle and a toaster, but like I said you get what you pay for so you have to compromise so we used the microwave to make tea and coffee. We had cleaners 4 times in a week, we never left anything of value inside the apartment when we went out, the sensible thing to do is take it with you especially easy things to pick up like a mobile phone or an i-pod, they are small enough to fit in your handbag, mine went in my medium size handbag every time we went out day and night or you keep it in the safe!! We had clean towels half way through the week. One day late afternoon we went back to the apartment and the cleaner was in doing her job, we decided to go out onto the balcony so she could get on with her cleaning, she opened the balcony door for us and the lock broke, she went immediately to report this, within 5 minutes the handyman arrived and he fitted a new lock no problem, it took him about 20 minutes as he had to go for a new lock. The beds weren't comfortable and the pillows were like sleeping on a bag of marbles, but after a few punches to it it wasn't too bad. Like I say the apartment was very basic, but clean, spacious, what one can expect for a cheapy holiday, if you want 4 or 5 star accommodation then you need to look further and be prepared to pay a far lot more. We didn't see one cockroach at all. The weather was lovely for the whole week. The only cockroaches we did see was the lady's of the night walking the streets, but they only bother the single men, quite entertaining though watching them trying to seduce the innocent guy. Mulligan's Irish Bar do a fantastic well worth the money breakfast, and if you go a few times they may even give you a 10% discount card even off just drinks. They also have 2 guys on guitars 7 nights a week who put a good show on. Also try the restaurant right outside the Green Park entrance for a nice meal. Patrick's bar is another fun night out with Gerry the solo vocalist with his guitar, singing Irish songs as well as some Adele, Robbie Williams, all in key. Got to also try Molly Malone's for some entertainment (fun show) for adults, what a laugh if you are not easily offended with 'Trixie Lyx' 4 nights a week. People who complain should think about what did they do to prevent a theft, or if not happy with your room then complain to the reception, they have to do something about it as you have paid for their service. Finally there is a lovely English lady who works on reception, not sure of her name, but she was very helpful.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor apartment, which was o.k. but we could here footsteps, but then again its poss...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank toby29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 1 February 2013

ROBBED- We went out leaving the cleaner to clean ( because the room had no cleaning supplies), came back 3 hours later to notice my phone was robbed, i pod touch and the rest of the money we had for the week was gone, shocked and upset we went to reception, (I had all my stuff hidden in our room, so the cleaner had a good look around) the receptionist replied So WHAT?! so i repeated the story and he says "Its not my problem" .. It seemed that he was used to this thing and wasn't bordered. I would pay that bit extra for the comfort if anything did happen that the staff wouldn't be so IGNORANT as they were in GREEN PARK
TV METERS- on the TV there's a meter box. 1 euro for half hour. i know being on holidays u wont be watching TV but still the option should still be there.
MOTOR WAY- The load motor woke us up most nights. It was terrible.

Room Tip: Stay in another apartment would be my best advise.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank niamh w

Travellers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Green Park Apartments is nestled in Pleya Del Ingles, close to the beach, bus connections to other places and several restaurants in short walking distance. This is by no means a hotel where you think wow as soon as you get there, but the atmosphere is very good and you get guaranteed good advice and help from everyone at the reception. Would especially like to highlight Molli who work the front desk. He is a very nice employee. The complex has a large pool area with loungers and a bar at the back, and a roof terrace. Nothing to fault at room cleaning.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor, I guess it would be nice to stay up in 3rd og 4th floor with a view...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Buktaboy
Cork
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am just after returning from a one week stay here, we read the reviews and we were a bit worried, when we arrived it was okay, the room was clean and that was our main concern, however on the friday we asked a maid to clean our room, we had refused on previous occasions but as we were left with no cleaning utensils we eventually had to ask a lady to clean it, we arrived back to find our ipod, phone and the last of our money gone! We were quite shocked and scared so went to reception to report it, his response ,'So what?', I can't help you', he wouldn't even tell us where the closest police station was to report it. We couldn't believe it, I told him I would give him a description of he lady and maybe he could ask her about it, he told me not to bother and sat back behind his desk. A different receptionist, the next day took a copy of our statement and that was about it, she never asked for a description of the maid and so obviously had no interest in actually addressing the situation. it was a scary situation to be in and no-one there was interested in offering us any assistance or words of comfort. I would highly recommend staying somewhere else in playa del ingles!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 547Adrienne
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here in mid december with my girlfriend, after reading through many reviews I was quite anxious as to what expect. However when we arrived the staff were amazing, the room was clean and in good nic, everything worked how it should, only problem was the heat and the fact we didn't have an air-con'd room. People expect 5* hotels and when they find something to moan about they want to come out with "oh its ruined our holiday" no! You get what you pay for, a cheap chearful place

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank jamietanner
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Only stay here if you plan on staying out drinking all day/night therefore don't notice the rock hard mattress and general state of the apartment. Upon arrival we were pretty shocked at the accommodation. We decided to console ourselves with a glass of wine on the balcony, then found ourselves locked outside 4 floors up due to a faulty lock on the balcony door. After panicking my boyfriend had to climb over the side of the balcony and dropped down to another and then onto the roof above the reception. He explained the situation and got another set of keys to get back in and free me!!

No apologies whatsoever and when we also complained about our rock hard mattresses they were replaced by worse ones! To top it off our bedrooms exterior wall was the walkway where really drunk people walked/stumbled by loudly at all hours of the night.

So, as I stated before - stay here only if you wish to party all day and night and don't care where u rest your head at night !

• Stayed April 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Towels they put on the third day I wouldn't use to clean the floor ( dirty and used badly ) . When we asked for Kettle they told us to use microvawe instead. Towel rail broken in the bathroom . Rooms has not been cleaned properly ( floors covered in sand ) . No Air Con - but described as a rooms with Air Con . I had to defrosted fridge myself becouse there was so much ice inside that we could not close the doors properly . Totally nightmare Make sure you avoid this hotel especially if you go with your children . The worst hotel I ever been !!!!!
See pictures below

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can , close to motorway, tiny swimming pool
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family