We arrived and were told that our room was downstairs from the lobby - the stairs area was being refurbished and was blocked off with plastic - the stairs down to our room were covered in plaster and paint. The area in front of our bedroom was full of rubbish - originally it must have been a garden area and the workmen were refurbishing a large area next to our room. The front balcony view was OK. We then went into the room. Very basic, not plush as we were promised. (1) the wardrobe doors would not open or close without force; (2) the toilet flushed once, then there was a delay of about 1 hour before it flushed again; (3) the TV (and we were promised (as will many others) satellite TV) - we had BBC1, BBC2 and ITV (but ITV only until around 10:30am it then disappeared until the early hours of the morning) - everything else was in Spanish; (4) we went out in the afternoon and bought some ice and put it in the freezer box - melted overnight!; (5) there is a small boiler under the sink in the kitchen - this is what heats your water - one shower and then that's it until quite a while after - don't even try to have a bath! (6) thr water from the shower ran along side the side of the bath and into the kitchen. We were moved to another room eventually, but most the hot water problem and TV were still the same. Th best thing about it is the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Flamingo Club Tenerife is located in one of the most sought-after areas of South Tenerife for holiday makers, Costa Adeje, and benefits from the most stunning sea and mountain views.Overlooking Playa La Pinta (La Pinta Beach) and with magnificent views of the adjacent Marina, Puerto Colon, Flamingo Club is a perfect base for your vacation whether you are looking for a family beach break, activity holiday or simply want to relax and get away from it all.The hotel complex has 18 studio apartments, 64 one bedroom units, 22 two bedroom units and 3 deluxe two bedroom suites. All apartments have a private balcony or terrace, and many of them benefit from a view of the ocean so that you can relax and watch the glorious sunsets over La Gomera.Flamingo Club apartments are fully equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, hob, fridge freezer, and microwave, plus all the utensils, cutlery and tableware you would need to cook a meal inside the apartment. The nearest convenience store is within a 5 minute walk, and there is also a large supermarket (Mercadona) which stocks both Spanish and English goods. For holidaymakers who prefer to eat out, Flamingo Club is proud to present their newly refurbished à la carte licensed restaurant, the Cinamo Bar which offers a mouth-watering selection of Spanish and European fare and wide range of wines and spirits. There is also a pool bar which serves snacks and refreshments throughout the day, and offers the ever-popular ‘happy-hour’ in the afternoon when drinks are buy one, get one free.The immediate vicinity is home to numerous bars, cafes and restaurants featuring a huge range of gastronomic delights from all corners of the earth. The obligatory Chinese buffet and Full English breakfast are of course widely available, but a thorough search of the wider area and you will uncover rarer treats such as Morroccan, Japanese and even Mongolian. A veritable gourmand’s delight!For those of you who like to get active, there are numerous options within a short walk to the marina. Fishing trips, snorkelling, paragliding, jet-skiing and many more pursuits are available for very reasonable prices. Our Flamingo Club reception staff will also be happy to assist you with arranging activities and excursions such as horse riding, jeep safari, hiking trips, bike hire and much more.The infamous water park, Siam Park is a short bus or taxi ride from Flamingo Club and is one of the most popular day trips for holiday makers in Costa Adeje. Tenerife’s newest water kingdom opened its doors in 2008 and features spectacular attractions such as ‘The Tower of Power’, a 28 feet freefall slide and ‘The Wave Palace’, an artificial wave pool with waves reaching 3 metres high! You can even relax on the white sands of the artificial beach and watch the action unfold around you. Siam Park is an excursion not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Flamingo Beach Mate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Club Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Flamingo Beach Mate Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas