Having stayed here off and on over the last 9 years, I'm beginning to think the hotel is a bit like the Tardis - much bigger on the inside than you realise which is why the refurbishment is taking so long! On arrival, a stern faced receptionist informed us that someone else was in the room we were supposed to have - they couldn't be moved so we had to! However, the room we moved to had a lovely balcony, but the problem arose when we were given 5 minutes notice after the first week to move back to our original room. Apparently we could be moved! However, the Director of the hotel spoke to us and we did receive compensation for moving rooms. Rooms are tired and in desperate need of upgrading - not sure I'll ever get to see it in my lifetime though. Pool is lovely and pool bar staff are also lovely - friendly and chatty. Same for the staff in the main bar and the 2 blonde ladies on reception. Brits are definitely outnumbered by Eastern European / Russian families who basically allow their children to run riot. They abandon them at the pool while they have a rest in their apartments and at night sit drinking whilst allowing their children to run round the hotel screaming and shouting. That's the big downside really but apart from that, the hotel is a great base for your hols and there's a great beach and plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Rooms don't have air con or fans so you have to hire them - would love to have left the balcony doors open but a combination of screaming Eastern European / Russian kids and big cockroaches meant this was impossible so had to fork out extra money in order to prevent us all roasting alive.
If they could get a move on with the refurbishment and enforce some rules about keeping the noise down at night I would have given a top rating for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Flamingo Club Tenerife is located in one of the most sought-after areas of South Tenerife for holiday makers, Costa Adeje, and benefits from the most stunning sea and mountain views.Overlooking Playa La Pinta (La Pinta Beach) and with magnificent views of the adjacent Marina, Puerto Colon, Flamingo Club is a perfect base for your vacation whether you are looking for a family beach break, activity holiday or simply want to relax and get away from it all.The hotel complex has 18 studio apartments, 64 one bedroom units, 22 two bedroom units and 3 deluxe two bedroom suites. All apartments have a private balcony or terrace, and many of them benefit from a view of the ocean so that you can relax and watch the glorious sunsets over La Gomera.Flamingo Club apartments are fully equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, hob, fridge freezer, and microwave, plus all the utensils, cutlery and tableware you would need to cook a meal inside the apartment. The nearest convenience store is within a 5 minute walk, and there is also a large supermarket (Mercadona) which stocks both Spanish and English goods. For holidaymakers who prefer to eat out, Flamingo Club is proud to present their newly refurbished à la carte licensed restaurant, the Cinamo Bar which offers a mouth-watering selection of Spanish and European fare and wide range of wines and spirits. There is also a pool bar which serves snacks and refreshments throughout the day, and offers the ever-popular ‘happy-hour’ in the afternoon when drinks are buy one, get one free.The immediate vicinity is home to numerous bars, cafes and restaurants featuring a huge range of gastronomic delights from all corners of the earth. The obligatory Chinese buffet and Full English breakfast are of course widely available, but a thorough search of the wider area and you will uncover rarer treats such as Morroccan, Japanese and even Mongolian. A veritable gourmand’s delight!For those of you who like to get active, there are numerous options within a short walk to the marina. Fishing trips, snorkelling, paragliding, jet-skiing and many more pursuits are available for very reasonable prices. Our Flamingo Club reception staff will also be happy to assist you with arranging activities and excursions such as horse riding, jeep safari, hiking trips, bike hire and much more.The infamous water park, Siam Park is a short bus or taxi ride from Flamingo Club and is one of the most popular day trips for holiday makers in Costa Adeje. Tenerife’s newest water kingdom opened its doors in 2008 and features spectacular attractions such as ‘The Tower of Power’, a 28 feet freefall slide and ‘The Wave Palace’, an artificial wave pool with waves reaching 3 metres high! You can even relax on the white sands of the artificial beach and watch the action unfold around you. Siam Park is an excursion not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Flamingo Beach Mate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Club Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Flamingo Beach Mate Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas