“Very pleasant family holiday 21st to 28th Oct 2013”

Parque Santiago III
Uphall, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant family holiday 21st to 28th Oct 2013”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My Family and I (Wife and two girls 11yrs & &yrs old) have just returned from our second stay here and we would recommend to anyone. The location is perfect and have found the staff to be outstanding. The whole resort is kept in immaculately clean condition even if the styling is a little dated and there are very few places where I have felt so safe. We will definitely visit again and again!!

Room Tip: The "Lanzarote" block would be my first choice as it is very quite and has fantastic views...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GreggR847

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
lancashire
Reviewed 24 October 2013

6th time at Santiago III and disappointed. booked 2 apartments as travelling with daughter, her husband and 10 month old. Daughter had emailed to request cot and high chair, and also asked for quite location. We were given apartments on the side street overlooking the service entrance to Santiago IV were the bins were collected from 7am and tipped into a crushing machine.
Daughters apartment balcony only had sun from noon til about 4pm (due to trees) and no view to look out on at night when baby was in bed. thankfully weather was great and so spent minimal time indoors. although this is a good base the facilities need upgrading and the costs are ever increasing. doesn't seem to be the good value accomodation it was 10 years ago cos it hasn't inproved any.

Room Tip: Ask for internal room overlooking the play park or gym area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cambridge
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Pro's
1. Great pool and play area for kids with life guard.
2. On beach front location.
3. Spacious and clean room.
4. Lots to do with kids in evenings, play areas, rides, crazy golf.
5. Reception staff were very helpful.
6. Better excursions bookable through reception and cheeper, recommend Monkey Park and Mount Tiede trip inc cable car.
7. Good supermarket just across the road, sells uk names too, stocks allergy suitable foods such as oat, rice or soya milk and gluten free options.

Con's
1. Whole resort is tacky with cliched 70's style entertainment at most bars and restaurants.
2. Some rooms are noisy, we were moved very quickly with no issues.
3. Ants in the kitchen area, very tiny ones but drove us nuts.
4. Sofa bed is very uncomfortable.
5. Bags stolen by the pool despite security guards milling around.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We've been going to Tenerife for years now and we usually stayed at the Adeje end where it's very quiet and peaceful. This year we stayed at Santiago 3 for the first time and what a time we had,, we have finally found what we have been looking for all those years.
The night life is brilliant but not excessively loud, the hotel is perfectly situated and well managed, clean and well presented.
The only problem we had was parking! It is a nightmare, we ended up parking our hire car over a mile away in a beach car park when a space was available, and wasting a lot of time driving around looking for a space when there wasn't. Moral of this paragraph is if your hotel doesn't have its own car park don't hire a car unless you have to, once you have a space you tend to leave the car and walk, it's much easier and the public transport is fantastic and cheap.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tiler2000
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have just got back and this is the first time I've reviewed a hotel. I felt I should because I used the other reviews on here to chose this hotel - and I was not disappointed!! I stayed here with my husband and 3 half year old son, we booked a studio apartment, it was spacious and clean. The bathroom is a little dated but it all works fine so I guess there's no need to update it. The best bit (for my son) was the water slides in the kids pool, they were fab and the area was immaculate. The staff on reception were extremely helpful and the staff/cleaners around the hotel were always friendly. The grounds of the hotel were immaculate too.

Eating out was a bit more expensive that we thought (we've not had a summer hols where euros is the currency for a while). Having said that, there are a few places where you can get Paella for 2 for €18.50 - Boros Boros restaurant, and it was tasty. You can get a large beer for €1.50 in a lot of bars along the beach heading towards Los Cristianos. We ate in a few nights (cooking facilities are great in apartment). We used the Parque Santiage V supermarket across the road, which was reasonably priced.

We had a day trip to Loro Parque, it's on the other side of the island and takes 1 1/2 hours to get there on the 'fast bus'. It's a great day out. I'm personally dubious about how happy animals are in these kinds of places but the trainers appeared to have a good bond with the animals.

Overall, a great holiday. The area of Playas that Santiago is situated in is lovely and clean and out of the way of the busy nightlife. But a short walk if that is your thing!

I hope this review is as helpful to others as the ones I read on here were for me.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Evans-hols
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I Stayed here for a third time in september for a week..we were allocated a studio in 3 facing the main strip apt 3121..put up with it for 2 days seeing people droped off, taxi's beeping and I thought no more,I think a few people have done the same before, The reception staff were helpfull, I think they expected to see us again to ask for a change..., we were given a room over lokking the childrens aqua park, much more peacefull, but this did interupt our stay at somewhere we love to go....ok the self catering equipment and decor of the bathrooms leave something to be desired but it is clean and the maids were as good as ever, unless you are young and want to be out partying all the time if you get a room facing the street tell them you want it changing...
Restaurant's, The imperial tai pan up the safari centre was good we whent 3 times, also the empire steak house, as for the Bianco italian...unless you are draped in designer gear and carrying a gucci gift bag.. the customer service is close to nil, a simple I'll be with you in a moment would do...no.. bye bye then, we'll try somewhere else.... I bet this has wound a few other people up..be honest, Can anyone tell me were you can get a good sangria not from a carton.....all said and done, see you next year santiago

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Latrips
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

What a lovely place firstly the reception staff couldn't do enough,all other staff were very friendly even the security guards,the rooms were basic but very clean whole hotel was spotless pool area fantastic overall a very enjoyable stay & will be definitely going back.

• Stayed October 2013