“Great Green Garden”

Green Garden Resort & Suites
Clackmannanshire, United Kingdom
“Great Green Garden”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Just back from a week there on 24th June 12. Travelled as a couple. The apartment is fabulous, no air con but we had french windows in the bedroom and lounge so the air flow was fine. Staff are faultless always smiling and polite, as is reception. Yes the complex is a bit out of the way but after a visit to Las Americas I was grateful to return to this 'oasis'. The restuarant is small but what it lacked in quantity it totally made up for in quality. The kids entertainer, Rhuzzo, don't know what she is being paid but its not enough!!! She had 2 days off when we were there and I missed her even though I don't have children. She works so hard and is so friendly, all the kids love her. She had time for everyone, young and old alike. Watch out G G she might well be poached by one of the bigger hotels. I will definatley be paying another visit, off season, as it is more suited to 'elderlyish' couples then. Keep up the good work. Staff: you all deserve a big thank you.

3 Thank Annie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

just back from a wonderful week with hubby, rooms were the nicest ive every rented and that includes Private lets. all inclusive no one needs to go hungry , i would however next time and there will be a next time pay the extra 10 euros each per day for named spirits cause i missed my Smirnoff and Tia Maria. towels changed every day, and the Animation Team and bar staff gave it 100%. all were very polite and helpful . 20 min walk to Las Americas but its of NO intersest to me, we booked with Holiday and Flight Centre Hamilton were suppose to go to Villa Togora (i think) but got double booked i would say it was an upgrade. no fights over sun beds plenty

Room Tip: they are all high standard
5 Thank Caroline C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Brillant holiday, me and my partner booked last minute and we didnt expect much but what we got was fantastic!! If you have kids then they will be highly entertained with the entertainer rizzo (unsure on how to spell her name) she was brillant real credit to the resort, the blond haired guy was also hilarous watch out for some opf his cheeky sayings!! However at the same time for me and my partner we found the resort so relaxed away from all the entertainment, heated pool, clean room and spacious. We were all inclusive and couldnt complain for the first two days we didnt bother getting up for breakfast however we didnt do that mistake for the rest of the holiday if you like a good full english, fresh fruit the lot basically then its worth to get up!!
The location was great and a trip to the centre is a very short distance away we even walked and got taxis which cost around 5euros, atmosphere is fantastic and a trip to siam park is not to be missed great day out!!
If you have booked here you wont be disappointed great resort, i hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did thank you green garden!!

5 Thank Land89
Scotland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This resort was a change to our original booking and just wanted to say THANK YOU VERRY MUCH.
We thouroughly enjoyed our holiday and would recomend it to all who were thinking of going.
We were only 20min walk from the centre of Las Americas and used the free bus once to go down to the shops but by the time we picked up at the rest of the hotels we would have been quicker at walking.
Only one thing watch out for the cheeky sparrows and pidgeons who frquent the dining room and steal from any unatended plates with food on it, they are comical too.
If you have children the entainment girl is excelent with them and kept them ammused through the day and we enjoyed the evening gigs too.
There was a great veriety of food you need not have been stuck for things to eat and of course drink if you go all inclusive.

Room Tip: Some rooms one floor up.
3 Thank LITTLEDEMO
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Well, what can I say about the Green Gardens, I took my 4 children here, 2 girls aged 15 & 9 years and 2 boys aged 13, & 11 years, from the 5-12th June 2012 in room 4, they had the most wonderful , brilliant holiday here. I have now rebooked for July 2013.

I can't thank the childs entertainer, 'Rhuzzo' enough, Rhuzzo is a the most loveliest, kindest person, and she made my childrens holiday so happy and memorable. The Water-Polo matches she held in the pool, were so much fun, as was the basketball. The kids disco, she made so enjoyable. Rhuzzo deserves a gold medal. The pool area was always kept immaculate, as was the whole resort. Yes, there was one or two birds and flies in the Pool Restaurant area as other people have mentioned in the posts, but this is Tenerife, and it really was not a problem or an issue.

Everyone was friendly here, the Pool Restaurant Staff kept it spotless. The apartment, which was on 2 floors, 1 bedroom downstairs with bathroom ensuite & Patio area and 1 bedroom upstairs with another bathroom, kitchen, lounge & balcony, it was furnished lovely.

As we were all inclusive, never used the kitchen. I can't actually understand why people can write anything negative about this resort, especially something as trivial as the orange juice & coffee!!!! The soft drinks were on tap, the hot chocolate was lovely, and this was out of the machine. None of us had any issues with the food, my children loved the breakfasts, there was always a large range of dishes at all times. There was a chef who cooked fresh chicken and steaks on the grill, which was very tasty. As we were all inclusive, we had free admission to Siam Park, my children loved it and we went 3 times!!! There was free coach transfers from the hotel. Also free coach transfers to the beach were available, but as it was so lovely at the Green Gardens, we never once went to the Beach!!!

The entertainment was great too, the Brazilian dancers were amazing, the Eagle Show, and the Motown Night were fab also. My 15 year old was so happy, as there was free wi-fi, so she could use her Iphone to tell her friends back in the wet UK how hot is was, and what a lovely time she was having!!! My children really liked Pepe on Reception, very friendly. If you are a parent looking for a relaxing, but fun-filled holiday for the children, then do not hesitate to book here. That is my personal opinion. My family are now counting down the days, until we return. Please do not let Rhuzzo ever leave.

A BIG BIG THANK YOU, TO ALL AT THE GREEN GARDENS x x x

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank xxJoxx21
Doncaster
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This holiday was a quick week away for me, my wife and daughter. After reading the reviews, I was hopeful we would have a nice holiday. It wasn't just nice, it was FANTASTIC. The room we were allocated was room no. 80. I have been a travel agent for 32 years, so I have been fortunate to experience many accommodations and resorts over the years, on both holidays and business trips and the room we had at the Green Garden was one of the best rooms I have had for a property of this standard. Beautifully decorated, with full kitchen and seperate living area with 2 settee's and a table and chairs too.

As with any hotel or apartment, no matter how good the "bricks and mortar" it is the staff that will make or break your holiday. The staff at the Green Garden are simply SUPERB. So helpful and friendly, they are brilliant. We were on a self catering holiday, so I am unable to pass comment on the food. Also, as my daughter is 19, we did not have any use for the kiddies club, however on observing other children at the complex it was clear to see they were very well looked after and having a lovely time. We did not attend the evening entertainment, so again I can not comment on this part of the holiday. Cleaning is daily except, Wednesday's and Sunday's.

The location of the Green Garden is approximately 15-20 minutes walk from Playa De Las Americas. Downhill walking to the resort is fine, coming back is a hike, especially during the day in the heat. We walked into Las Americas, however took a taxi back to the Green Garden. Cost of a taxi is Euro 5 (approx). If you do decide to walk to the Green Garden after dark, the route is frequented by prostitutes. Please do not be alarmed. If you are a family or couple, you will NOT be pestered by the ladies of the night. Single man walking alone may be a different story.

Finally, on the day of departure, my daughter was ill. I spoke to Yaiza on the reception desk, who was so kind and helpful. Without the help of Yaiza, I think we may not have made the flight. I will always be grateful to such a wonderful kind lady. Thank you Yaiza!!! You saved the day.

Go to the Green Gardens, you will love it!

Room Tip: If you want a really special room, get a suite. Euro 20 per day extra. Well worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Imnotjudithchalmers
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

we spent 10 nights in green gardens resort. the hotel and grounds were excellent and very clean. the rooms were great and very spacious. All the staff were very friendly and helpfull especially the childrens entertainer who was fantastic .my 11 year old and 9 year old adored her.
food was ok. but overall a brilliant holiday. would definatley go back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Louiset690
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
HD Parque Cristobal Tenerife
HD Parque Cristobal Tenerife
#3 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa

Been to Green Garden Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!