Just got back from a fabulous 1/2 term week and felt compelled to recommend Green Garden. From the minute we arrived ( myself, daughter 26, son 13) we were warmly welcomed and made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. We arrived just as dinner was finishing but Isidro on reception phoned the resteraunt so they would keep it open for us. Not only did he do that,but he also arranged an enormous surprise birthday cake for me the next day.
Our one bedroom apartment was beautifully furnished, well equipped with lovely views. Don't be put off by one bed being a put -up bed, it is very comfortable. The flat screen tv's have bbc1 , bbc2 and ITV, not that we watched much tv,but nice. Also free A/C.
The grounds are as beautiful as they look in the photographs and spotlessly clean as is the swimming pool and all areas including our apartment.
We were all inclusive and the food was excellent, good choice always hot and fresh, alot of which is cooked in front of you. There was generally a theme night which really increased the variety, Oriental, Mexican, Spanish and an extensive and very nice salad bar which had a good range including Sushi, Mussels, and various meats and cheeses. I would defy all but the most pathologically fussy eater to not find a decent meal at each sitting!
The bar is well-stocked, but for us, it was the staff who made it so pleasurable, they are the most friendly, warm and attentive people, especially Cathy, Gissand and Anibal who work very hard, but never let that warmth and service slip. They always have a smile and a sense of humour. As I mentioned, it was my birthday whilst we were there and not only did I get a cake but Cathy, Gissand and Anibal presented me with a bottle of good sparkling wine and sang happy birthday in Spanish. V funny!
The entertainment was varied, even pleasing my notoriously unpleasable son,who was very impressed by a free mini scuba diving lesson and an inflatable slide.
The spa is a good luxurious treat. I had a 1/2 hour massage, which cost 29 euros but was excellent and well worth the money. There are a variety of treatments available for everyone including children.
Supermarket has your basics plus some souveniers and pool inflatables. Not over priced either.
I suppose a slight downside for some people may be that the resort is quite a long waik from Playa (20 mins) however, taxis are between 3 -5 euros, (watch the drivers they can grossly over- charge, keep an eye on the meter and don't let them get away with it!) They are usually outside the hotel and are easy to find anywhere,
The up side of being a ittle further out is that you are not bothered by noisy drunken party animals, or surrounded by huge, ugly high- rise hotels
For us, this lovely family friendly hotel is suitable for all ages and people except raging party animals.
The resort slogan was `Be happy` and the staff do everything to make sure you are. The staff make the atmosphere and are a credit to the resort, especially Isidro and Yaiza on reception, so helpful, warm and friendly and Cathy, Gissand and Anibal in the bar/resteraunt so friendly, hard working and funny. Thank you for a special birthday and holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Garden Resort & Suites invites you to discover a stunning 4-star spa hotel in Playa de las Americas. It is an accommodation of Canary style, familiar atmosphere and equipped with services devised for relaxing and entertaining holidays for all tastes. The hotel is located on the south of Tenerife, really close to Los Cristianos beach, so it is ideal for resting and visiting Tenerife. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Green Garden Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Green Garden Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Garden Resort And Suites
- Green Garden Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Green Garden Resort & Suites Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas