“Fab, friendly Hotel! Liz McD.”

Green Garden Resort & Suites
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from a fabulous 1/2 term week and felt compelled to recommend Green Garden. From the minute we arrived ( myself, daughter 26, son 13) we were warmly welcomed and made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. We arrived just as dinner was finishing but Isidro on reception phoned the resteraunt so they would keep it open for us. Not only did he do that,but he also arranged an enormous surprise birthday cake for me the next day.
Our one bedroom apartment was beautifully furnished, well equipped with lovely views. Don't be put off by one bed being a put -up bed, it is very comfortable. The flat screen tv's have bbc1 , bbc2 and ITV, not that we watched much tv,but nice. Also free A/C.
The grounds are as beautiful as they look in the photographs and spotlessly clean as is the swimming pool and all areas including our apartment.
We were all inclusive and the food was excellent, good choice always hot and fresh, alot of which is cooked in front of you. There was generally a theme night which really increased the variety, Oriental, Mexican, Spanish and an extensive and very nice salad bar which had a good range including Sushi, Mussels, and various meats and cheeses. I would defy all but the most pathologically fussy eater to not find a decent meal at each sitting!
The bar is well-stocked, but for us, it was the staff who made it so pleasurable, they are the most friendly, warm and attentive people, especially Cathy, Gissand and Anibal who work very hard, but never let that warmth and service slip. They always have a smile and a sense of humour. As I mentioned, it was my birthday whilst we were there and not only did I get a cake but Cathy, Gissand and Anibal presented me with a bottle of good sparkling wine and sang happy birthday in Spanish. V funny!
The entertainment was varied, even pleasing my notoriously unpleasable son,who was very impressed by a free mini scuba diving lesson and an inflatable slide.
The spa is a good luxurious treat. I had a 1/2 hour massage, which cost 29 euros but was excellent and well worth the money. There are a variety of treatments available for everyone including children.
Supermarket has your basics plus some souveniers and pool inflatables. Not over priced either.
I suppose a slight downside for some people may be that the resort is quite a long waik from Playa (20 mins) however, taxis are between 3 -5 euros, (watch the drivers they can grossly over- charge, keep an eye on the meter and don't let them get away with it!) They are usually outside the hotel and are easy to find anywhere,
The up side of being a ittle further out is that you are not bothered by noisy drunken party animals, or surrounded by huge, ugly high- rise hotels
For us, this lovely family friendly hotel is suitable for all ages and people except raging party animals.
The resort slogan was `Be happy` and the staff do everything to make sure you are. The staff make the atmosphere and are a credit to the resort, especially Isidro and Yaiza on reception, so helpful, warm and friendly and Cathy, Gissand and Anibal in the bar/resteraunt so friendly, hard working and funny. Thank you for a special birthday and holiday

Room Tip: The higher rooms away from the pool are quiet with great views.
4  Thank Liz M
Recepcion G, Director General at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear guests,

Great! It is absolutely great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were warmly welcome from the very first moment.

I am delighted you like the apartment and the food was excellent with good choice. Thanks also for your kind words about our friendly staff.

Best wishes,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having looked at Trip Advisor reviews prior to booking, I was not disappointed when my partner and I did arrive. Excellent resort. Well maintained gardens / shrubbery / plants / flowers within the complex and we loved staying in a complex that had great low-level apartments - unlike these big ugly hotels that are like 7 or 8 storey high along the coast. No extra charge for air-con or for the two T.V.`s - in bedroom and lounge of the accommodation. Our accommodation was very large ! (just 2 of us). Fresh decor and no bugs or beasties !

The food was excellent. A fantastic variety at breakfast and the salads at lunch time were welcome in the heat !. ( cooked food also available). Although I was not impressed with the meat - chicken in particular (only a personal thing) there was always a varied selection to choose from. The sweets/puddings tasted home made as did the soup. The cream of tomato was super !

The resort also ensured there was a good variety of entertainment every night. The entertainers get you up dancing on stage !. Kids entertainment was good too with an entertainer who was passionate about ensuring the kids had a good time and sing-song !

The resort is quiet and a great mix of people. Kids, teenagers, middle-aged, elderly. An ideal resort for taking children on holiday.

Siam Park is a MUST on your stay. Just a wee 5 minute drive. (free bus from resort)
No real issues other than beware of the taxi drivers as a 5 euro fare can also be a 9.5 euro fare - for the same journey ? ! .

Recommended resort. We would certainly go back in the future.

4  Thank Gary S
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear guests,

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am delighted you had a great holiday in our resort and we met your expectations.

thanks also for your kind words about our excellent food and the good variety of entertainment activities.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just came back from a week and honestly cant fault it , food was excellent plenty of choice all freshly made and not left sitting there, nice salads and live cooking, the staff were great nothing was to much trouble, rooms were well equipped with large flat screen tv's in both rooms with all english channels,entertainment was above what i expected, all the staff are friendly and the daytime entertainment was mainly done by 1 women ( she was crazy in a good way really funny and good with the kids).
the restuarant at the reception was brilliant well worth the extra £9 for the steak.

all in all a great place and would deffo go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear guests,

Fantastic!! I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday in our resort and the food excellent. Thanks so much also for your kind words about our friendly staff.

I am also happy to read you enjoyed your meal at the Sahara Restaurant.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We came here on our first family holiday - 2 week all inclusive and I have to say this has to be the best holiday we have ever been on! The holiday was exactly as described and pictured in the brochure and was like a scene of pure perfection! The rooms were clean and tidy and looked like a palace.

The food was amazing and the service provide was 120% Salah the bar man was very helpful and polite and would go out of his way to make sure you had every thing you needed including a smile - he would tend to every question or request without hesitation, a pleasure to have met such a pleasant member of staff.

Although the hotel was slightly off the beaten track it was peaceful and the entertainment was good.

Our son enjoyed the stay as did we and we have met some life long friends including Salah and will be booking to come again next year.

Definitely worth every penny paid!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Clairemaguire

Dear guests,

Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am delighted you had you best family holiday. Thanks also for your kind words about Salah.

We highly appreciate your comment as it is useful for our future guests.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just returned from a week long all inclusive trip to the Green Garden Resort (18th - 25th May). Overall we had a good time, albeit the weather was overcast for much of the week, but we experienced a few niggles and one major issue with the female receptionist which I have summarised below:

Room - we had a split level two bedroom suite (Room 3) away from the pool which had good layout and was cleaned to a good standard. However, the bathrooms were a little tired looking, and the hot water pressure in both bathrooms was virtually non-existent (making showering / bathing very difficult). We also found a crack in the upstairs shower floor and the downstairs bathroom mirror light had an annoying random flickering. The TV downstairs also had some picture reception issues not experienced with the upstairs TV (I forgot to mention this to anyone whilst at the hotel but I did not really go on holiday to watch TV).

Food - the pool bar restaurant offered a good selection of quality food at all meal times. Not the widest selection I have seen in an all inclusive resort but enough to keep three adults and our four year old daughter happy. However, we often found that there was a lack of plates, cutlery and beer glasses. This was made worse on our last couple of days when people were arriving from the UK for half term holidays and the hotel was a lot busier. If you were lucky enough to get a bear glass you had to work hard to hold on to it for the night as the waiters are very quick to take them away (even if they still have drink in them!). Buy more glasses, plates and cutlery please! We also used the a la carte restaurant which is included once in the all inclusive deal - food was OK but very limited choices in my opinion. Nibbles available in morning and afternoon if required - and drinks available throughout obviously (self service for most common drinks).

Packed lunches can be booked if you are out for the day but are very basic (this is normal in my experience - but the restaurant were willing to exchange the pineapple drinks cartons to orange juice upon request). No one told us that there is a facility at Monkey Beach where we could have gone as part of our all inclusive deal (as per other reviews) - had we had known we would have given that a go!

Pool - good size and appeared clean in and around the pool - although my travelling companions had some doubts about the water quality. Managed to get sun beds without too much issue every day even at the end of the week when the hotel was busy. Often spare air beds etc. left around the pool for anyone to use which was a bonus. We often experienced a shortage of pool towels at reception so I have doubts there are enough available when the hotel is full - see also comments below re. staff.

Shop - basic but carried most essential items and sold newspapers daily.

Gym - again very basic (bike, cross trainer, two treadmills and some weights) - needs upgrading in my opinion.

Entertainment - we actually thought the entertainment was not too bad - and not overly intrusive around the pool during the day if you did not want to join in. The last two days we had pool "fashion shows" taking place which was a little annoying (basically local females trying to sell you stuff by strutting their stuff around the pool - all good unless the wife catches you taking too much interest!).

With regards to evening entertainment, the kids mini disco starts at 21.00 (which does seem a little late for young children but normal around Europe) but our 4 year old loved it (albeit a little tired). The entertainment acts that followed was not too bad in our opinion - contrary to what other reviews have said. OK it is - not top notch West End shows or anything but what do you expect from a hotel in Tenerife. You can take it or leave it as you want. The kids entertainer was very good at dealing with kids (and adults!) of all ages and keeping them entertained.

Staff - all the staff were a credit to their "Be Happy" motto except the irritating lady on reception in the mornings. She manage to upset me on two occasions during our stay.

On the Wednesday I asked at reception for four pool towels. The female receptionist obviously doubted I was entitled to this amount of towels and checked the number of people staying in our room (fair enough). After obvious disappointment upon checking the computer she fetched the four towels and slung them across the desk at me saying "You need to keep these for the rest of the week". Apart from this being very rude, this is not what the literature the hotel issues says, and the other much nicer male receptionist confirmed that pools towels can be obtained daily if required (obviously for use at the pool only).

Worse than this, we decided to upgrade to the premium unlimited WiFi access for the week as I needed to download some large files whilst away. The cost of this for up to three (or four depending on who you spoke to) devices for the week was €25. However, something went wrong with the system and we could only successfully connect two devices, and the issue with a 3rd device was only resolved three days before we departed. Therefore, upon checkout on Sunday morning I informed the same female receptionist that I was only prepared to pay €20 - with me imposing a €5 deduction due to the lack of the connectivity on one device and the time spent at reception trying to resolve the issue. The female receptionist took my deduction very badly (after I furnished her with a €20 note) and threatened to have my suitcases "evicted" from the luggage room and to instruct the restaurant not to let us have lunch (our pick up was at 16.30 but our all inclusive booking finished after lunch). I informed the lady that I would be attending lunch as we had paid for this, to which she aggressively responded stating that I could try and go to lunch and see what happens, and that everyone in the restaurant would see me for what I really am!!! In my opinion this response was not professional, rude and clearly based on lies as our cases stayed in the luggage room until we left and we enjoyed lunch without challenge (with the €5 staying in my wallet). I did ask to speak on several occasions to a Duty Manager, as clearly the receptionist was not willing to see any justification of my deduction in the WiFi fee, but as it was Sunday was told that no Manager was available (despite claiming at one point she had spoken to the Manager). The friendlier afternoon male receptionist did offer to phone the duty manager as we were leaving but I told him not to worry as we were about to board our coach back to the airport.

I note that the hotel responds to comments on Trip Advisor - and would look forward to any response they have to the issues noted above. In particular with regards to the female receptionist who in my opinion has let the rest of the hard working Green Garden Resort staff down by lacking the necessary skills and levels of competence required to work on a hotel reception desk. I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and have never experienced such aggressive and abusive behaviour from a receptionist.

These issues have left a bad impression on me and I am not sure I would want to return to Green Garden for fear of coming face to face with the same receptionist again (and enduring more inappropriate behaviour whilst I am on holiday). Apart from this we liked the resort and I would recommend it, particularly to families with young children.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms around the pool area as it may be noisy at nights.
1  Thank mcbridemartin .
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guests,

Thanks so much for taking your time to review. I am happy you had a good time with us. I want to apologize for any inconvenience ocurred during your holiday. We work hard to meet our guests expectations and improve constantly our service and facilities. After reading your review in detail I got the sentation you had a good time with us and that is really the most important thing for us.

Never forget: BE HAPPY.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

first time to Tenerife. Picked this hotel because of the good reviews. We had a lovely time here. Food was good, Loved the coffee machine - great choice of different coffees, hot milk & Hot Chocolate. staff were excellent. Pool very clean with more than enough sun loungers. Bed was very comfortable, room was nice although shower area did have black mould on the tiles which wasn't nice but didn't spoil the overall impression of the hotel. Wished it had been closer to the beach, shops and bars etc, It takes 25-30 mins to walk to these. Would definitely return.

1  Thank carol p
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear guests,

Fantastic!! Thanks so much for your lovely review about our food and excellent staff. We make every effort day by day to reach your expectations. We are situated in a quite area and at the same time close to the centre and the beach. We also offer free bus service to the Siam Park, to the beach and the shopping area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed for a week in May 2014. The resort is very good for families not so for couples who want a quiet week.
A lot of children here during our stay and it was quite noisy at times. Also didn't like people smoking around the pool, smoking areas were near but seldom used by the smokers.
But the resort was lovely very clean throughout. The rooms cleaned everyday bar Wednesday and Sunday so the rooms were kept very clean as was the resort in general.
We were all inclusive and the food was good, the drinks were on tap from 8am til 11pm.
We liked that the drinks were actual brands and not the cheaper versions that you sometimes get when all inclusive.
Attached to the resort is Monkey beach which was well worth the visit for a relaxing day by the beach and is included if you are all inclusive.
Free buses to the shops and beach were very welcome as it is a bit of a walk to the shopping areas although there is a small market in resort which is well stocked for the basics.
All in all we liked the resort and would come back again, next time with our grandson who would love the pool and activities.
Thank you to the staff you were all very welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms seem good although near to the pool area can be noisy.
2  Thank Mark T

Dear guests,

Thanks so much for taking your time to review. We highly appreciate your comment about the smoking areas. I am so happy you had a good time in our clean and lovely resort.

The staff and Management want to thank you again for your kind words and hope to have you back soon with us.