“1st family holiday...”

Green Garden Resort & Suites
Wirral
“1st family holiday...”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked an all inclusive last minute at travel agents,so saw no reviews.First impressions were great
The apartment was spacious especially with two kids in tow.The kitchen was dated and tired looking,kitchen doors didn't match and cooker/microwave were old and well used.Would not want to cook food using the appliances.The kitchen really needs modernising! On the positive side everywhere else is clean and modern.Also the wardrobes smelt damp and musty so we all kept our clothes in our suitcases.The food was excellent and so were the staff! Like other reviewers it does take 20 min to walk into town,a little out of the way if you have 2 young kids.Not every body can pay for taxi's every day.I really enjoyed my stay,but will choose somewhere closer to a town.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pool area are best for families.
2 Thank WirralBettyboo71
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear guests,

Thanks so much for taking your time to review. We highly appreciate you kind words about our excellent staff and food.

Just let me tell you we are starting to reform and modernising the apartments.

Best wsihes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have just returned from a really wonderful weeks stay at the Green Garden Resort &Suites. I stayed with 10 other members of my family, our ages ranged from 66 to 5 years. I emailed the resort a few weeks before we arrived and asked if we could have our 3 apartments as near as possible to each other on the ground floor.
When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the reception staff and given our apartments keys, 51, 53 and 55 which were all next to each other on the ground floor of a 2 floor apartment. They were very well furnished within a bright roomy apartment. Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, lounge and large balcony. The beds were very comfortable, a double in the bedroom and two camp z style beds in the lounge, which were all made up.
It was a very friendly and safe resort, my two daughters felt very relaxed leaving their children to roam free around the complex during the week playing in the games rooms, table tennis and joining in all the games organised by the amazing Rhozzo, the very friendly lady who worked tirelessly during the day and evening to make everyones holiday a memorable one. She made our holiday a really special one and we can't thank her enough.
The evening entertainment was a very good standard as each evening we were there, we saw a parrot show, eagle display, flamenco dancing, Malcome the Magician, showtime dancing and after this Rhozzo organised audience participation competitions which were fantastic, all were halirious and very good entertainment.
The food is of a very good standard, always hot and each evening a different theme such as Italian or Spanish. There was always plenty to eat as after breakfast and lunch there are snacks provided at the Pool Bar.
Siam Park tickets were included with our Thomas Cook package and this water park is amazing, you just have to do The Tower of Power, Dragon and Kinnaree!!!!!
If you play golf the course surronding the resort and just 200m down the road The Golf Las Americas is a stunning, beautiful course with great views.
The reception staff Angel, Yaiza and the other member were always very helpful whenever you needed advice or help, Yaiza was especially happy and friendly ever time we saw her.
I would definitely recommend this resort to families, it has a warm and friendly feeling which permeates throughout all the staff working there.
My wife and I usually stay in big hotels but as we went with our daughters and grandchildren we chose this smaller resort and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

3 Thank Baztriponline
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear guests,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful holiday experience in our resort. We are glad we have met your expectations. I am also delighted to read that from the very moment you arrived you were warmly greeted by the reception staff.

we really appreciate the confidence you placed in our resort.

We hope to see you soon.
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just got back from this family all inclusive holiday, it was recommended to us by a friend and we were not disappointed.
On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and couldn't be any more helpful and we were shown to our appartrment. The Appartment was lovely, the main bedroom was large enough and was well presented with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space ( if you like to unpack....) it was the only room with air conditioning, but that wasn't an issue with us.
The kids had 'put-me-up' beds in the living room this was fine as we only intended on sleeping in the appartment and not dining or entertaining.
The bathroom was also functional and clean, the hot water ran out quick if you showered for too long (ladies) but soon refilled for the lads!
The kitchen was clean and had all the cooking utensils in there and a large fridge.

The pool area was immaculate, the water was slightly chilly but that was the time of year we went but the kids didn't seem to mind, there was ample sun loungers and the staff will get more if needed.
The bar area was clean and the bar/waiting staff were helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them and they seemed to smile no matter how busy the restaurant got. The food was absolutely outstanding considering how many they cater for, there was ample choice and a different theme each night and if you were staying for two weeks, I'm sure there would be something different on your plate each meal time, snacks were available during the day in between meals if required.

The kids entertainer was ...WOW ...what can I say?...Rhuzzo was Fantastic and a credit to the Green Garden Resort !! So much energy, Keeping everyone entertained during the day (kids and adults alike) with water polo, water aerobics, water basket ball, and a variety of other games for the little ones.
The evening entertainment was second to none during our stay, and started off with a mini kids disco hosted by the wonderful Rhuzzo who got everyone involved, followed by the main show - she even managed to get me into a large banana suit on our last night !! :-)

The only hiccup we had - no fault of the resort- was the transfer back to the airport. Getting on the empty 54 seater coach expecting to go around the island picking up other holiday makers, we went straight to the airport 5 and half hours early! However we returned to the resort by taxi and the reception staff were again fantastic, re-applying our all inc tags and inviting us in to enjoy thier hospitality whilst assisting in sorting our little problem out.

Big tip...If you stay here, don't bother with transfers with a coach...get a taxi. Quicker and just as cheap!

All in all a fantastic Resort, fantastic staff and fantastic food/drink.....look forward to rebooking in the future.

2 Thank AlecLou
Dear guests,

We are really happy about your feedback. Thanks so much for taking your time to review.

Your impression of the resort, staff, etc is highly important for our future guests.

Best wishes.
Wendover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic weeks holiday. The rooms are a good size with a small kitchen and separate lounge and dining area as well as a good sized enclosed terrace which was perfect as we have a 5 year old. The staff were very friendly and Rhuso the childrens entertainer was fantastic remembering our son's name and making his holiday very special.

1 Thank Ge0rgesmummy
Dear guests,

Thanks a lot for your review. We appreciate the time to share your impression of our resort.

It is really nice to read your feedback about our friendly staff. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed a fantastic family holiday.

Looking forward to seeing you again in your next visit to Tenerife.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The reason for my rating of 3 stars and not 4 is due to the fact that myself and my family have stayed with plenty of 4 & 5 star hotels and Green Garden Resort doesn't come close!! Our room was shabby, it hadn't been cleaned, The bathroom tap was wobbling and eventually broke, Broken door handle, Bedside wall light hanging off the wall, To top it off the boiler which supplied the hot water for the shower broke 2 days into our holiday!. The problems were fixed quickly, But this doesn't bode well at the start of your holiday does it?. The complex/resort is very nice, Kept mostly clean and plants etc... well looked after. The pool area could do with some improvement as you are all squashed in like sardines and there was always a fight to get sunbeds (At least the ones that weren't broken). Pool towels are provided which you expect from a 4 star, But you could only change them once, so if you were staying for 2 weeks you might want to take your own. Daytime entertainment was put on for the children, waterpolo was a favourite one with my 2 boys. Small market shop near pools selling mags,papers,water, chocolate etc........
Now, my main concern was the pool bar/Main restaurant. Because the restaurant was also the night time entertainment too, there was nowhere else to sit and relax and have a quiet drink/chat. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner - All very nice, with good variety, But alot of the food was not undercover so birds,flies were landing on a lot of it, One morning I had bird poo on my bread roll!! The main restaurant felt more like a canteen than a dining room.
Siam Park is a must - Go, Go, Go. Free bus from the hotel every morning. If you decided to stay at Siam Park all day and you don't want to get the free bus back, A taxi is only 5 euros. Didn't try the Spa/gym at the hotel, But it did look good. Would I go back? Probably not, But we met some fantastic people and the staff were lovely.

2 Thank Jo F
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear guests,

Thanks so much for taking your time to review. I want to apologise for any inconveneience ocurred during your stay but at the same time it is great to read that everything was fixed straight.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from a fabulous 1/2 term week and felt compelled to recommend Green Garden. From the minute we arrived ( myself, daughter 26, son 13) we were warmly welcomed and made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. We arrived just as dinner was finishing but Isidro on reception phoned the resteraunt so they would keep it open for us. Not only did he do that,but he also arranged an enormous surprise birthday cake for me the next day.
Our one bedroom apartment was beautifully furnished, well equipped with lovely views. Don't be put off by one bed being a put -up bed, it is very comfortable. The flat screen tv's have bbc1 , bbc2 and ITV, not that we watched much tv,but nice. Also free A/C.
The grounds are as beautiful as they look in the photographs and spotlessly clean as is the swimming pool and all areas including our apartment.
We were all inclusive and the food was excellent, good choice always hot and fresh, alot of which is cooked in front of you. There was generally a theme night which really increased the variety, Oriental, Mexican, Spanish and an extensive and very nice salad bar which had a good range including Sushi, Mussels, and various meats and cheeses. I would defy all but the most pathologically fussy eater to not find a decent meal at each sitting!
The bar is well-stocked, but for us, it was the staff who made it so pleasurable, they are the most friendly, warm and attentive people, especially Cathy, Gissand and Anibal who work very hard, but never let that warmth and service slip. They always have a smile and a sense of humour. As I mentioned, it was my birthday whilst we were there and not only did I get a cake but Cathy, Gissand and Anibal presented me with a bottle of good sparkling wine and sang happy birthday in Spanish. V funny!
The entertainment was varied, even pleasing my notoriously unpleasable son,who was very impressed by a free mini scuba diving lesson and an inflatable slide.
The spa is a good luxurious treat. I had a 1/2 hour massage, which cost 29 euros but was excellent and well worth the money. There are a variety of treatments available for everyone including children.
Supermarket has your basics plus some souveniers and pool inflatables. Not over priced either.
I suppose a slight downside for some people may be that the resort is quite a long waik from Playa (20 mins) however, taxis are between 3 -5 euros, (watch the drivers they can grossly over- charge, keep an eye on the meter and don't let them get away with it!) They are usually outside the hotel and are easy to find anywhere,
The up side of being a ittle further out is that you are not bothered by noisy drunken party animals, or surrounded by huge, ugly high- rise hotels
For us, this lovely family friendly hotel is suitable for all ages and people except raging party animals.
The resort slogan was `Be happy` and the staff do everything to make sure you are. The staff make the atmosphere and are a credit to the resort, especially Isidro and Yaiza on reception, so helpful, warm and friendly and Cathy, Gissand and Anibal in the bar/resteraunt so friendly, hard working and funny. Thank you for a special birthday and holiday

Room Tip: The higher rooms away from the pool are quiet with great views.
4 Thank Liz M
Recepcion G, Director General at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear guests,

Great! It is absolutely great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were warmly welcome from the very first moment.

I am delighted you like the apartment and the food was excellent with good choice. Thanks also for your kind words about our friendly staff.

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Having looked at Trip Advisor reviews prior to booking, I was not disappointed when my partner and I did arrive. Excellent resort. Well maintained gardens / shrubbery / plants / flowers within the complex and we loved staying in a complex that had great low-level apartments - unlike these big ugly hotels that are like 7 or 8 storey high along the coast. No extra charge for air-con or for the two T.V.`s - in bedroom and lounge of the accommodation. Our accommodation was very large ! (just 2 of us). Fresh decor and no bugs or beasties !

The food was excellent. A fantastic variety at breakfast and the salads at lunch time were welcome in the heat !. ( cooked food also available). Although I was not impressed with the meat - chicken in particular (only a personal thing) there was always a varied selection to choose from. The sweets/puddings tasted home made as did the soup. The cream of tomato was super !

The resort also ensured there was a good variety of entertainment every night. The entertainers get you up dancing on stage !. Kids entertainment was good too with an entertainer who was passionate about ensuring the kids had a good time and sing-song !

The resort is quiet and a great mix of people. Kids, teenagers, middle-aged, elderly. An ideal resort for taking children on holiday.

Siam Park is a MUST on your stay. Just a wee 5 minute drive. (free bus from resort)
No real issues other than beware of the taxi drivers as a 5 euro fare can also be a 9.5 euro fare - for the same journey ? ! .

Recommended resort. We would certainly go back in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gary S
Recepcion G, Director de Recepción at Green Garden Resort & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear guests,

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am delighted you had a great holiday in our resort and we met your expectations.

thanks also for your kind words about our excellent food and the good variety of entertainment activities.

Best wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
#27 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Hotel Las Madrigueras Golf Resort & Spa
Hotel Las Madrigueras Golf Resor...
#6 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa

Been to Green Garden Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!