Ponderosa Apart Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Apartamentos Borinquen(Playa de las Americas)
View Hotel
Vina del Mar(Playa de las Americas)
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Club Bonanza(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
Ocean Beach Aparthotel(Playa de las Americas)
  • Bar/Lounge
H10 Gran Tinerfe(Costa Adeje)
View Hotel
Club Olympus(Playa de las Americas)
  • Beachfront
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel desperately needs a makeover. Room was so dated it felt like I was in an 80s timewarp. Furniture and the bed well past their use by date. Location is nice, a bit uphill, but close to the beach and plenty of bars etc. I would echo previous comments about a nearby bar 'heads & tails' I went there several times for great food.
Ponderosa apts were fine for me, helped by fabulous weather. No need to take an expensive taxi to TFS airport, the bus station is very close to ponderosa where bus 111 will take you to the airport for €3.55.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank paulhos
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I would not go back to this hotel if you paid me. Restaurant staff were miserable, room was dirty & shabby, food was boring & the same at lunch time & in the evening. It was noisy and in need of a good clean and modernisation. The only good thing was the sun was out everyday and it was near to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jarvo4
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were unable to get into our normal hotel due to them undertaking a refurb as we booked late so we decided to stop at the hotel next door - The Ponderosa. It desperately needs refurbishing. When we arrived the room was clean however the fridge didnt work so I got that replaced and there was a also a problem with the hob but that got sorted quickly and efficiently. The hotel is predominantly all inclusive we went self catering as we dont feel the need to be tied to the hotel. Our room was just above the bar, which got rowdier as the day went on as they serve from 11.00 to 23.00, the hotel is used by stag parties and hen parties so the pool area and bar can get very busy and loud. The entertainment leaves a lot to be desired, on the Wednesday they had an eagle show, which was basically a guys with an eagle, and two owls who gets you to hold them and takes your photo and charges you for it.... not much of a show really. The smaller pool had a pipe sticking out in the water and a hole in the wall which was a bit worrying. I wouldnt recommend this to family or friends and certainly wouldnt go as a couple again but if I was travelling in a group with friends or a hen party I would suggest it. Too many noisy people returning from a night out and shouting as they walk down the corridors too which is just rude.

Room Tip: Dont have a room over the bar area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bradybunch42
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was with my boyfriend for 5nights all inclusive.for the money we paid the whole service was good.the food was allright and it was always plenty.in the bar with the drinks they were never greedy.the staff was very friendly and nice.my only concern wad the cleaning in the room.when i asked for the service,apart from changing the towels and the bins nothing happened.there were some stuff from the previous guests.but anyway,good location and friendly stuff.recommended for young people who don't want to spend a fortune onthe room.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank viktoriapesti
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have stayed in a few Tenerife hotels and this was probably the best value for money paying £1140 with Travel Rep for 2 wks AI 17/9 -2/10/13 male aged 51 female aged 44, we spoke to several people staying there and this was not their first stay at the hotel and many were planning upon returning. Every drink I wanted was behind the bar, local Irish cream/ Malibu/ white & honey rum, Tia Maria/ sex on the beach and Pina Colada machine cocktails/ whiskey gin vodka etc. Lovely salads, I put on 6lbs in 2 weeks despite walking miles every day so the food can't be that bad! Fresh fruit/Paella/ pizza/ Brussel sprouts, they will serve you drinks while you have your meal but we preferred not to be waited upon and took a drink in with us. Soft drinks machine is in the dining room. The beach and strip is literally 2 mins away, it's a great position to explore from with bars etc all around if you want it, but if u only want to laze in the hotel then bag a sunbed by 9am and enjoy food and drink all day, a coffee/tea/hot milk/hot choc/water machine is all on all day as well as all the alcohol listed above!, Or read a book/paper by the bar where the sun is on you while you decide want to do today. We never waited more than a minute for a drink, and it's strange that people expect to get served immediately on holiday when we all go out on a Bank hol in GB and wait in Weatherpersons for 10 mins craning to catch the bar-person's eye knee deep in tall people! Bar staff only question you wanting more than 1/ 2 drinks if they cannot immediately see the party you are in and this is fair enough when you consider there are self catering people staying there. Rooms were cleaned every other day and new towels provided. The pool looked ok, we like the beach, but we sat in the little whirlpool on occasions It was refreshing to be in a hotel were no tipping was apparent inc the maids. Reception staff were lovely, one guy lost his wallet and they allowed him to use the phone all day for emergency calls. We think the Ponderosa had the right balance between setting the scene for the many self catering guests and AI guests which can be hard. The entertainment is limited but due to the envious locality of the hotel most guests venture out. There is no air conditioning and Fans had to be ordered, despite this we didn't see any cockroaches in the hotels grounds and that no mean feat in that heat. The 3 girls serving were all marvellous, and we won't hear anything against the more serious looking blonde, she ran a tight ship! The 2 guys were great as well. This isn't your sometimes typical AI hotel where holidaymakers chuck their half finished sticky drinks on the floor and leave food around the pool in overfilled bins creating unnecessary work for staff, most guests are asked not to take plates of food from the dining area outside and generally this creates a cleaner area and also there aren't too many children at the hotel. The hotel manages to keep costs down in order that you can book an AI hotel close to the beach in walking distance to everything by seeing where we don't mind skimping, e.g.: I’d rather do without a Prawn ring at dinner and enjoy the wholesome menu that was on offer than pay more for my stay. This is the only 3* hotel I have been to that has Irish cream/Malibu/Tia Maria/cocktails available. Give me that and allow me 30 seconds to decide which drink to mix with what any day than ask me to pay more for a maid every day instead of every other! We were offered a courtesy room on the ground floor free with no hassle on our last day, and there is an option to pay a minimal fee to enjoy the Al until you leave if you wish. We have looked at the hotel’s availability for next year and in the first few months it is fairly well booked up but I've got my fingers crossed. If you really can’t get a sunbed, then put a lido etc. out on your balcony. You can take drinks back to your room, although I appreciate it can be a trek, we relaxed by the outside bar area in times of limbo and made some friends (John & Mary, Jacky & Simon). Take a hair-dryer.

Room Tip: As no AC we felt safe on 4th floor with balcony open all night away from noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple