Ponderosa Apart Hotel
Mediterranean Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
US$150
H10 Las Palmeras(Playa de las Americas)
US$197
US$176
H10 Hotels
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
US$199
  • Pool
H10 Conquistador(Playa de las Americas)
US$209
Catalonia Oro Negro(Playa de las Americas)
US$74
US$72
Priceline
US$282
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
US$177
US$170
Apartamentos Caribe(Playa de las Americas)
US$104
US$798
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
La Siesta Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
US$630
US$568
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was our 2nd stay here. The food is good the staff as helpful as can be and friendly. There is hardly ever any long queues at the bar. My only complaint is lack of sunbeds by the pool. Take no notice of the bad reviews if you want the ritz then pay for the ritz. I recommend the ponderosa to anyone.

3  Thank penno1970
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect it's in the right distance from almost everything.
2 mins walk Down the road you have the beach and 3 mins walk up the road you can catch the bus for most trips and also you are near the bus station.
We red a lot of reviews on this hotel and even phoned up the company we booked with to change the hotel but they couldn't, so we risked it anyway.
On arrival the place looked nice, the staff was really nice at reception so far so good, don't know why people moaned about the staff.
We where all inclusive and people said the food was horrible, we found nothing wrong with it 3 meals a day and one snack that was enough to keep you full.
People also said drink was watered down well I can tell you it wasn't we were tipsy most nights, I will say you must try honey rum and coke it's the best. I could go on, on what people said about this hotel but all I can say its one of the best hotels you can stay in, people just can't help but moan, all I can say is see for your self your own opinion is what counts.
I will say as its funny on one review I red they said that the dinning room is the size of there kitchen, well if it is I would like to see there house they must be rich coz the dinning room is rather big, they must of sat in one place all the time as we moved to a different table almost every day. I give this hotel 5 stars it couldn't of been any better see for your self, but remember a hotel is only for sleeping in and eating if you are like us then we where out exploring everyday and back in time for meals, go have fun and a great holiday we loved every second.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel desperately needs a makeover. Room was so dated it felt like I was in an 80s timewarp. Furniture and the bed well past their use by date. Location is nice, a bit uphill, but close to the beach and plenty of bars etc. I would echo previous comments about a nearby bar 'heads & tails' I went there several times for great food.
Ponderosa apts were fine for me, helped by fabulous weather. No need to take an expensive taxi to TFS airport, the bus station is very close to ponderosa where bus 111 will take you to the airport for €3.55.

3  Thank paulhos
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I would not go back to this hotel if you paid me. Restaurant staff were miserable, room was dirty & shabby, food was boring & the same at lunch time & in the evening. It was noisy and in need of a good clean and modernisation. The only good thing was the sun was out everyday and it was near to the beach.

1  Thank jarvo4
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were unable to get into our normal hotel due to them undertaking a refurb as we booked late so we decided to stop at the hotel next door - The Ponderosa. It desperately needs refurbishing. When we arrived the room was clean however the fridge didnt work so I got that replaced and there was a also a problem with the hob but that got sorted quickly and efficiently. The hotel is predominantly all inclusive we went self catering as we dont feel the need to be tied to the hotel. Our room was just above the bar, which got rowdier as the day went on as they serve from 11.00 to 23.00, the hotel is used by stag parties and hen parties so the pool area and bar can get very busy and loud. The entertainment leaves a lot to be desired, on the Wednesday they had an eagle show, which was basically a guys with an eagle, and two owls who gets you to hold them and takes your photo and charges you for it.... not much of a show really. The smaller pool had a pipe sticking out in the water and a hole in the wall which was a bit worrying. I wouldnt recommend this to family or friends and certainly wouldnt go as a couple again but if I was travelling in a group with friends or a hen party I would suggest it. Too many noisy people returning from a night out and shouting as they walk down the corridors too which is just rude.

Room Tip: Dont have a room over the bar area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple