“Good Value For The Money”

Ponderosa Apart Hotel
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Overall the hotel is good, its clean and tidy the staff are helpful. we hired a car for the week and had no problem with parking at the hotel and its FREE!!. The rooms are a good size and well kept apart from the dated decor easy access to the rooms via stairs or the two lifts. the room had a modern bathroom with a bath and a good shower, in the room you had a sink and a two hob cooker and plenty of storage, didn't get a strong signal from the tv (but lets face it you wont need it with the views outside) the balcony had great views all round, with high guard rails so nice and safe if you have children. We went all inclusive the bar had a fair selection of drinks,(in plastic cups) a pool table and a games machine. there was Zero entertainment on and limited seating area outside. Now the big problem the FOOD it was well disgusting, breakfast was just about edible, lunch and dinner don't bother, eat out. It consisted of chips pasta rice, a red sauce which was reheated over three days, sausages casserole with left over sausages from breakfast. i could go on and on about the food but i wont, as it didnt ruin the holiday as there are plenty of places to eat out at great prices. I would recommend The Tessorossa 3 course meal £8 and £1 a pint or Chrissys a fantastic Sunday roast £1.50 a pint

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor facing the sea, you can see the sun rise and set what more do you need
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel B
There are newer reviews for Ponderosa Apart Hotel

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in October, our room was clean, clean linen and the maid pleasant, there was plenty of food, albeit a little repetitive and plenty to drink. Two nice clean pools. The decoration is rather tired and very dated, but the staff were lovely, the location is good and the guests were nice ordinary gentle people. We had a lovely holiday and didn't trouble ourselves about the paintwork and plumbing :) To say that the place is dangerous is exaggerating, however it is 40 years old and showing it's age.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rik B
Reviewed 29 October 2013

firstly i would like to have a good moan, a good moan about many of the reviews about this hotel from trip advisor's. me and my mate nearly cancelled our holiday after reading the appalling reviews about this hotel. I was literally dreading coming here.
on arrival at 11pm we were very promptly and with a smile booked into our twin room, so far so good i thought , now for the awful , badly decorated , filthy room. there was nothing wrong with it! nicely decorated , clean and pleasant. after a good nights sleep we sampled the breakfast. full english as well as continental available. very nice breakfast of sausages,bacon,eggs,beans and toast. so lets explore, what about the freezing cold pools in bad repair! this is mid oct, nope the pools were in very good order and perfect. i have a pool operators licence and am very fussy about pools. oh well no moaning here! best move onto the poorly stocked bar with watered down alcohol to wait a minimum of 10 minutes to be served. i had my drink within 30 seconds, then another , and one more for luck. watered down? er my head didnt think so, it was slightly spinning. ah its dinner time! now here is where most people have been moaning. had chicken , salad and chips. second helping of chips, very nice. more drinks and a swim and was getting very tipsy. tea time! ah this is where they serve the stuff that wasnt eaten at night! wrong again my friends! totally different food and all properly signed so u know what it was. waitress also bought us jug of wine. well what else could i look for that has been reported so wrong with this place? sullen waiters? nope , they had a smile. oh i know!!!! the size of the restaurant seating area! according to someone on here it is the size of her kitchen! well to that person , why are you holidaying here if you have a kitchen 4 times the size of my entire house? if you can afford a mansion like that go to the Caribbean and stay in a luxury 5 star hotel. it really sicken me to think that i nearly cancelled a holiday in a perfectly good and clean hotel through some people moaning and complaining about things such as bit of paint on a plug! get a life and complain about world poverty or the economy , not a decent hotel who pulled all the stops to see we had a good time! i don't normally write reviews like this but i just pains me to read the pettiness of some people. sorry to all those that this review may offend and well done to the staff at the ponderosa hotel , see you in 2015

Room Tip: ask for a room as high as you can, the views are fabulous the higher you get
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
19  Thank William S
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was our 2nd stay here. The food is good the staff as helpful as can be and friendly. There is hardly ever any long queues at the bar. My only complaint is lack of sunbeds by the pool. Take no notice of the bad reviews if you want the ritz then pay for the ritz. I recommend the ponderosa to anyone.

3  Thank penno1970
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect it's in the right distance from almost everything.
2 mins walk Down the road you have the beach and 3 mins walk up the road you can catch the bus for most trips and also you are near the bus station.
We red a lot of reviews on this hotel and even phoned up the company we booked with to change the hotel but they couldn't, so we risked it anyway.
On arrival the place looked nice, the staff was really nice at reception so far so good, don't know why people moaned about the staff.
We where all inclusive and people said the food was horrible, we found nothing wrong with it 3 meals a day and one snack that was enough to keep you full.
People also said drink was watered down well I can tell you it wasn't we were tipsy most nights, I will say you must try honey rum and coke it's the best. I could go on, on what people said about this hotel but all I can say its one of the best hotels you can stay in, people just can't help but moan, all I can say is see for your self your own opinion is what counts.
I will say as its funny on one review I red they said that the dinning room is the size of there kitchen, well if it is I would like to see there house they must be rich coz the dinning room is rather big, they must of sat in one place all the time as we moved to a different table almost every day. I give this hotel 5 stars it couldn't of been any better see for your self, but remember a hotel is only for sleeping in and eating if you are like us then we where out exploring everyday and back in time for meals, go have fun and a great holiday we loved every second.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Nathan R
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel desperately needs a makeover. Room was so dated it felt like I was in an 80s timewarp. Furniture and the bed well past their use by date. Location is nice, a bit uphill, but close to the beach and plenty of bars etc. I would echo previous comments about a nearby bar 'heads & tails' I went there several times for great food.
Ponderosa apts were fine for me, helped by fabulous weather. No need to take an expensive taxi to TFS airport, the bus station is very close to ponderosa where bus 111 will take you to the airport for €3.55.

3  Thank paulhos
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I would not go back to this hotel if you paid me. Restaurant staff were miserable, room was dirty & shabby, food was boring & the same at lunch time & in the evening. It was noisy and in need of a good clean and modernisation. The only good thing was the sun was out everyday and it was near to the beach.

1  Thank jarvo4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Las Piramides
#45 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Apartamentos Borinquen
Apartamentos Borinquen
#34 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Ponderosa Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!