“Excellent!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Stephen R
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Very noisy location!”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

Now I always give good feedback where I feel it deserves it and if the place is average, I would not leave a negative feedback as I know how upsetting criticism can be. But when something really is not up to standard and you pay good money for something, I’m afraid I will give my opinion. The trouble with renting a villa like this is that all you see are the glory photographs and not the full picture of what a place is really like. We rented a villa in April 2017 in Tenerife and that was lovely, see our review!
Below are the opinions of five adults that stayed here during Feb 10-17th 2018.

The good points:
Location was great for getting to any amenities.
It is very close to the beach and lots of restaurants.
Great for walking too in either direction along the promenade.

Internet was fast and you could get it in most places around the house.

Decent size Spar shop across the road which is very convenient.

It is a spacious villa with a massive lounge/dining room

Main bedrooms are spacious with plenty of wardrobe space

TV’s were in the lounge and dining area and of a decent size.

The bad and concerning points:
The main floor in the villa rarely ever gets mopped. Our feet were black within a minute of walking around the villa so we all wore our flip flops indoors from there on. We found a mop in the cleaning cupboard, but that was disgusting and would only have put dirt back in the villa.

There is no piano as per the pictures.

Be careful if you have young children as outside the villa and also in the dining area there is a 1 metre drop that they could easily fall off and seriously hurt themselves as there is no railings to prevent this and a concrete landing.

Until I paid in full for the rental, the exact location was withheld from me, although I had asked. Where it shows on the location map is a few hundred yards away to where it actually is and it shows it to be higher up the hill and away from all the pubs and clubs but you are actually right opposite a club and on the main road for the promenade. If it isn’t loud music from the cocktail bar right opposite from 9pm - 1am that keeps you awake, then it is the petrol leaf blower going past twice per week at 7.30am or the lorries being beeped at by other traffic when they block the road doing their deliveries. And this is February, I would hate to think what it is like during August!!!
There is absolutely no concern for you or your families to be too noisy outside or in the swimming pool!

Get some ear plugs if you are not party animals and are staying in the upstairs bedrooms.

Really concerning:
There is a cctv camera looking on the swimming pool and another one on the roof terrace watching what people are doing up there. At first we thought they were for security, but neither of these cameras are covering doors/windows or entrances, they are purely to check up on what you are doing. How would you feel about you or your young children being in their swimming costumes, knowing full well that you are being watched? After a few days, we pushed the camera away.

It was mid February when we stayed. Outside temperatures through the day were early 20’s and at night around 15, so the swimming pool was never warm enough to relax and enjoy. Only the children would use it, but not for long as they soon got cold. When booking I did ask for the pool heating. When Tripadvisor asked for the payment, because it was in Euro’s and not pound sterling I did not think it was missing the pool heating €150 and simply paid the amount due. It was not until we arrived that the children said the pool was cold, I was then told that the pool heating was broken and that I had not paid for it. I spoke to Natalia and there was no chance of them turning it on or fixing it, whichever was necessary. All I got was a lot of excuses that the heating would not heat it any more and that it would get warmer as the day went on. We have a larger outdoor swimming pool at home in England and we have no problem with our heating!
The pool was hardly used and a real upset for us all. That is what put a downer on the villa and from there on, I’m afraid we started to resent it and find it’s faults.

Improvements that could be made:
There were no TV’s in the bedrooms apart from the kids room downstairs with the 2 bunk beds in. Ideally there should have been one in the main bedroom(s) too.

The upstairs balcony/patio is a beautiful sun trap, but there are no sun loungers, just chairs. Seems such a waste of a great space.

In the kitchen there was only 3 decent size drinking glasses, all the rest are tiny and for little children apart from a few wine glasses.

The villa is supposed to cater for up to 16 guests but there is just not enough crockery or glasses

One big lounge area and not nearly enough sofas or seating. You could comfortably fit 5 adults on the sofa to watch TV/chat etc, so where do the rest sit? There is so much vacant space, it is crying out for another sofa or two.

Dining table has chairs for 8 but is big enough for 10-12 people and if you ever want to eat together, it’s impossible.

Villa seems really noisy inside and if anyone gets up in the night, you hear every movement. This was emphasised by the fact that we struggled to go to sleep in the first place with all the noise going on outside.

The whole villa has the bear essentials in it, and nothing more what so ever!

It was also disappointing when the agent and cleaner turned up on the day of leaving. There was no real pleasantries, they simply inspected the whole place inside out and gave us our damage waiver deposit back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
24 Feb 2018
Dear Steeve! I'm trying to clarify the situation .. I'm sorry that the lack of heating pool so spoiled your vacation and your mood! But on the site it is written that the maximum pool is heated to t23-24 ° C. And in any way you could not pay for these services on the site! only accommodation, cleaning and insurance deposit! The exact location of the villa does not show the site according to its rules, it's their position! But as you noted my villa has an excellent location! It is beyond competition! guests choose where they live: in the mountains with absolute silence or 50 meters from the beach and restaurants! But I draw your attention to the fact that even in the mountains at 8 am a scavenger will pass, as this rule is on the whole island! in the evening music from restaurants in the villa you do not hear when the windows are closed, because the loudness of the music is answered by the owners of restaurants, they can be fined! THE VILLAGE DOES NOT AVAILABLE 16 GUESTS! I myself do not like it. It perfectly accommodates 8 adults and 4 children! yes at the dinner table there are only 8 chairs, but this is written on the site and there is a photo. The cameras are installed exclusively for security purposes and they were delivered after thieves entered the house. So this is only for your own safety! I wish you a good mood and a great rest in the future !
Reviewed 14 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
16 Dec 2017
Thank you very much! We are very happy that you liked everything! We will be glad to see you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing