My husband, son and myself have recently returned from a fantastic holiday in tenerife. We stayed in the Grand Oasis Resort. We arrived at the hotel on the 15th of July for two weeks. We had a fantastic holiday. Before going on the holiday I was constantly reading the reviews about the holiday and to be honest I was slightly apprehensive about going to the hotel.
I am going to tell the truth about the hotel. The hotel.is beautiful, the staff are lovely and they are very helpful and polite.
We stayed in room 163 which overlooked the pool. I requested a pool view and there was no problem. The kitchen was open planned with all the facilities required should people choose to go self catering. There is a lovely large fridge which was very convient to keep the suncreams in. The living area was beautiful with a lovely plazma tv and very clean.
The bedroom and bathroom are downstairs. The beds are changed every day except for Wednesday and Sunday but, we all need some time of no big deal. I went to the rception and no problen they gave me towels and sheets for the bed if, I felt the bed neded changed on either of these two days.
There was no cockroaches! The food was really lovely and a different theme every night. There was food to suit every individual and plenty for the kids.
It is a family resort and the kids are greatly entertained. My son is aged 7 and he had a great time. He met plenty of lovely children.
I felt the resort was very safe with, a security guard on duty evey night. The entertainment at the pool bar finished every night at 11.pm. There was no one roudy or displaying inappropiate behaviour.
The previous reviews I read about this resort are totally untrue and it makes me sad to think that people are so difficult to please, and the staff worked so hard and long hours.
The only negative I am going to write is the hotel does require air conditioning and they are fully aware of this. If you have children aged between 2 years and approximately 5 years there is 6 steps from the living area down to the bedroom via the bathroom and they can be slightly slippy especially after returning from the pool so. the kids would definitely need supoervised by an adullt.
A GREAT HOLIDAY. One piece of advice to any one going to the hotel is please do not pay attention to the negatyive reviews of this hotel. The McBride family Northern Ireland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Oasis Resort invites you to enjoy a 4-star hotel in Playa de las Americas, a holiday resort in the south of Tenerife specially designed for families and couples who want to relax and discover this fabulous Canary island. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Gran Oasis Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gran Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Oasis Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Gran Oasis Resort Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas