“The night I Proposed”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Tenerife South, Playa de Troya, Costa Adeje arises Mare Terrace, relax in an elegant, warm and cozy with an exquisite menu, we'll take you on a journey full of aromas and flavors of our cuisine Italian-Mediterranean, with an unbeatable impression. We have a bar, where they prepare the best cocktails of the island, with a large terrace where there are multiple tables, where you can equally enjoy a lunch by the beach or a romantic dinner in the moonlight. Terraza del Mare offers you the best sunsets in the Canary Islands, those magical moments that become unforgettable, the sun goes down slowly every week, resulting in a spectacle not to be missed.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Well after struggling to find a suitable location for the life event, my girlfriend and I walked from adeje towards Las Americas.
She couldn't understand why we had been walking past all if these lovely restaurants.
Eventually, I seen the flames and heard the chilled out music and looked up from the path to see a gorgeous setting looking out onto the sea and red sky sunset.
It was perfect.
We were greeted at the entrance and given a seat while waiting for a table.
Once seated, the service was a little slow but the place was packed and we could sympathise with the staff.
While we waited to place our order we were given some lovely bread and garlic sauce.
Once we ordered, it didn't take long for the food to arrive.
Me:
Amstel beer
Med/rare salmon
Her:
Rossini cocktail
Regina pizza (ordered without mushrooms, but came absolutely loaded with mushrooms. Slightly disappointing).
Shared:
Bruschetta

Aside from the mushrooms mistake, the food was absolutely delicious!! One of thee best and softest pieces of salmon I have ever had. No bones at all!! Very well filleted chef!

Towards the end of our meal, I felt the conversation had gone in the perfect direction to me getting down on one knee and proposing to my beautiful girlfriend!
As I did so, one of the waiters walked into my back, then proceeded to walk round me. As did a further 3 waiters, plus the host from the front door.
I wasn't looking for a round of applause, but some recognition that I had chosen their restaurant as a suitable location for such a special event would have been nice. Even a congratulations.
None-the-less, things went well and she said Yes :D
Also slightly let down by other guests smoke blowing in our faces.
After the lack of recognition, plus the smoke, we decided to leave. We had the bill paid within 30 seconds.
Great place, great food, but maybe pay a little more attention to your guests.

2  Thank Johnny Y
There are newer reviews for La Terrazza del Mare

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I came to this restaurant with my boyfriend and we were greeted at the door by a very nice man who didn't hassle us and showed us the menu on which there was a vast choice, when we were seated i ordered a sex on the beach for myself and my boyfriend had a Long Island ice tea both of which were amazing and stunningly presented. They then took our order and we both had the fillet steak, we asked for both our steaks to be medium rare. When given to us, the steaks were presented deliciously and tasted amazing, I felt that towards the middle of mine it wasn't quite done enough so my boyfriend asked for mine to be cooked a little more and it came back with the steak cooked perfectly and my chips had been topped up as well as my peppercorn sauce, the staff are very kind and the service and food was brilliant, I would highly recommend to anyone in the area!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered Grilled Sea Bass and Quattro Formaggi Pizza.

The Sea Bass was cooked perfectly and accompanied by a smattering of vegetables; however the portion was a tad small, especially when to when the pizza was comparatively enormous. The meagre accompanying sauces were more for show than taste though. 7.5/10

The pizza was great too. 10/10.

My son went off-menu with a non alcoholic variation of a chocolate/icecream cocktail which he rated as 9/10 my Classic Mohito was 6/10.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Passed this bar as it was a few minutes from our hotel and was very impressed with the set up. The waiter on the front door was very friendly and not pushy just asked if we would like to have some drinks which was nice considering all you get from other bars is forceful. Located in a lovely area right on the seafront. The drinks are very fairly priced considering its quality alcohol used. Went back there for food which was equally as nice. Couldnt fault the service. Staff were extremely friendly especially Salvador!! and never rushed you just told you to relax. Also very nicely presented!! Went to a nearby cocktail bar and ended up leaving to come back here. 5 star and would love to return!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great find in Playa de Las Americas - fantastic views of the sunset!
Good food, great cocktails and very friendly attentive staff.