At certain ‘sporting’ events a judging panel is used. Usually they disregard the best and worst scores to try and reach a fair result. I think it’s safe to say that this can be applied to reviews of this hotel. My wife and I spent the first week of March here on a half board basis and we had a thoroughly good time. There is basically not much wrong. It is in an excellent location, clean and tidy and good value for the money. OK it is not a 5 star but everyone knows that now when booking. It could do with some new sun shades round the pool and the food could be improved upon. They do not charge for the room safe (hooray) and good free wifi (again hooray). I had no trouble with wifi around the pool or in the room. They supply large bath towels in the room, and large pool towels can be obtained (15 Euros refundable deposit required). They do charge in the region of 3 Euros a day for the room fridge and 50 cents for a cup of ice (boo). I would recommend staying B&B. (The breakfast is very good). Or at worst half board but do not sign up for full board, you will get fed up with the food. The half board option can be used for either lunch or dinner, giving the choice of eating out in the evenings. You can dine in the adjoining hotel, The Cleopatra for a surcharge of 8 Euros per person. Better restaurant and food, but worth 8 Euros extra, maybe not. There are 100’s of restaurants in the locality offering good food.. Although we went in term time there was still a lot families with children staying. I imagine then, that, during school holidays this would have a very high proportion of families. The hotel seems to cater for this with a children’s club and entertainers, but if this is not your cup of tea, avoid school holiday periods. If you want top quality 5 stars with all the trimmings look elsewhere, but if you want a good, clean, no frills hotel, this fits the bill. Happy holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expo Hoteles, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife