“Yet another lovely stay at the Med”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay returning 21st May. We stay there several times a year and the staff always make us feel valued and very welcome. They are always willing to try to accommodate any requests we may have. The welcome glass of 'fizzy' on arrival is a lovely touch, and having your luggage brought up to your room makes you feel very special. Alberto, Toni and Annelize are a credit to the hotel, very professional and very friendly. We arrived on a Tuesday evening at about 8pm. The lady who checked us in (I didn't take her name) apologised as we had got an invitation to a cocktail party with the hotel Manager but we had missed it due to our late arrival. We would like to pass on our apologise for being unable to attend both on our arrival day and also the following Tuesday as we were on a day trip and did not arrive back at the hotel until late. We would love to pass on our compliments to Snr Sedano for his excellent staff and hotel. We would not stay anywhere else in Tenerife. The breakfasts are brilliant with lots of choice, I can't imagine not being able to find something that is suitable. The location is spot on, beach, posh shops, bars, really nice places to eat, something to suit everyone. We recommend the hotel to friends and family, and several have now stayed there too and they are in full agreement with us. They can see the reason why we keep coming back. I will be back there again in 2 weeks with my grown up daughter and she can't wait.....

Room Tip: High floor, Sea View centre of the hotel for brilliant panoramic views. Or try a suite with a pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m happy to know that you have enjoyed your visit and I would like to thank you for choosing us again for your holidays in Tenerife.

It is me who must thank you and all our loyal guests for staying with us every year and making us feel so fortunate.

It is good to know that in two weeks time you will be back again and I hope your stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at the Mediterranean Palace for one week from the 4th to the 11th of May. The hotel was lovely and the staff were very helpful. The kids club for my 2 year old son was the biggest thing that drew me to this hotel and he loved it and the fact we were literally 1 minute from the beach was great too. My only 1 criticism was our standard room was a little on the small side and with 3 of us in one room it felt a bit cramped at times so we asked to look at one of the suites before we left which they were only to happy to show us. In hindsight we should of probably have booked a suite but for an extra £250-£300 we made do. Overall the hotel was 4/5* the pool was lovely the kids clubs were great and the buffet breakfast was good the staff were fantastic and location was spot on and we would definitely stay again but only if we can get a suite at a good price :).

Room Tip: Don't buy the Pringles at the pool bar for €2.50 go to the shop next door and buy a big tube for...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion. I´m happy to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities, especially your 2 year old son, who had the chance to join our kid´s Club activities.

We will be happy to welcome you all again in future visits to Tenerife. I suggest you to check the information displayed at our web page, where you might find alternative rooms and special promotions too.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Went for a week returning 15th May. I have been going there for twelve years sometimes twice a year . I have recommended a number of friends who have also gone there. There are some issues about updating rooms , but they are very clean , with decent air con very good selection of British TV. The staff are very helpful if you have any issues they are resolved very quickly. The new Guest relations person I found excellent . She was very helpful and very quick to help with any enquiries . The staff behind the reception are always helpful and friendly . The hotel has probably the best pool I have used, they have a great system of nobody is allowed to reserve a sun bed until after 9 00 am . You can go down and use the beds earlier but you have to stay by bed .This stops the ridiculous situation of having to get up at 7 to get a bed as you do in a lot of hotels .Breakfast is excellent I like to have a lot of fruit and the selection is excellent .I also use the gym and the staff are very helpful and work really hard especially when they do the water aerobics each day .The location of the hotel is second to none and the area outside gets classier each year . It has everything for all tastes , try Bianco's Italian restaurant and the Chinese next to Soul bar and Highlander pub .Getting back to hotel I have never found noise a problem .I cannot believe some people who complain about everything , I have travelled all over Europe in some very expensive hotels and for me the location ,pool , closeness to the beach , breakfast and great staff make this right up there with the best hotels I have stayed at .So many people keep on going back there year in year out and that has got to tell you how good it is .Don't believe any negatives , go and try it and you will not be disappointed. Phil Wilson

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phil W
Esteban Sedano C, Propietario at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the time you have invested in writing such a detailed and positive review about our Hotel.

I´m really happy to know that our services and facilities have lived up to your expectations for so many years and I would also like to thank you for your extraordinary loyalty.

I will pass your congratulations to all the staff members you have mentioned and I´m also glad to know that the reinforcement of our sun bed reserving policy ahs pleased you.

As always, we will be pleased to welcome you again and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for a week, with 15 mth old baby. Family break in May. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms clean, and the staff very helpful and accomodating.
Nice touches which set it apart from other hotels like Cava on arrival, and a childs holiday pack including mini robe and infant toiletries created a great initial impression. The children orientated facilities continued to be outstanding with great staff (bilingual) and set in a cresh with excellent facilities.
We stayed on a full board basis and the meals were always varied and well presented, lots of options and all in all good quality. High chairs , separate kids supervised dining area al well.
Sea view rooms which seems to be the same as pool facing rooms offered evening sun.
So why only 3 stars ...... In a word NOISE. Pretty much every evening. Cumilating in an outdoor euro trash disco on Sat evening outside the said family room , so loud the sliding patio doors were vibrating. Old fuddy duddy maybee, but ive done my share of loud Ibiza holidays ,and this would have matched any of them, not anything you would want if sleep needs to be on the agenda for you or any children before midnight. Other nights its singers or played music etc. A real shame and staggeringly short sighted of hotel management, who in their right mind sites the people with young children in room 100 yards away from the disco, which was completely deserted.
In summary, good hotel, good staff good facilities. Good luck getting sleep before midnight!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid pool view , mountain views are cheaper and i think quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Fontlefink
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m sorry to read that, in spite of enjoying all our services and facilities, the noise coming from the street annoyed you enough to not reconsider visiting us again.

However there are other options that might be suitable for you, like booking a pool view room or even requesting a specific area of the hotel, far from any night club or bar. Our staff will do their best to meet your requests and improve your experience.

I hope you give us the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance with your reservation. We will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Returned home on 16th May after having spent a wonderful week here. Attention to detail was evident as soon as we entered through hotel doors. Two members of staff attended to the bags as we were given a complimentary drink at reception. The check in was the quickest and easiest we've ever had at an hotel. The staff throughout the stay were really friendly. The rooms are dated but exceptionally clean. We would go for breakfast and when we came back for our beach bag the room had already been cleaned! The breakfast was always good with plenty to choose from. It was also great that you could spend part of the day out and come back to plenty of sun beds. Our daughter, partner and grandchildren were staying in another hotel, but loved coming to our hotel for the excellent kids facilities, they now want to book next year for this fantastic hotel. The location is superb right in the middle of the resort with plenty of restaurants, shops etc in all directions. Beach is lovely but we stayed around the pool every day. Would definitely recommend this hotel to families and couples, and will most probably come again.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise from music at night don't pick a pool view.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I´m happy to know that you and your family have enjoyed our services and facilities, especially those destined to children.

For us it will be a pleasure to welcome you all again in future visits to Tenerife.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you need regarding future bookings. You can also visit our web page where you will find more information about aailability and special promotions.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a great stay at the Mediterranean Palace, here are the good and not so good (don’t want to say bad) points:-

GOOD
1. Location, Location, Location; slap bang in the middle of everything, close to the beach, many shops and restaurants
2. Pool; Large pool, lots of sunbeds, free towel service
3. Food; Breakfast was great, lots of choice and served til 10.30am. Didn’t eat dinner so can’t comment on that
4. Staff; All round service was great, from check in/out to staff in dining room. My husband forgot the adaptor for his razor and all 3 people who helped track one down for him to borrow could not have been more helpful!
5. Clean; room cleaned every day, towels changed 2/3 times in the week
6. Free safe
7. Free WIFI

NOT SO GOOD
1. Noisy rooms; thin walls so could hear everything from next door/upstairs
2. Extremely noisy cleaning machine used in the pool area that “squeals” for about an hour every morning at 8am (never mind, at least it means the place is clean!!)
3. Rubbish and possibly dangerous hairdryer in our bathroom (there was a wire, which was probably live, sticking out of it but we just unplugged it)
4. Paying to rent the fridge (which compensates for the free safe I guess!)

We stayed in a standard pool view room and true the rooms are not 5 star standard but then you’re not paying 5 star prices (try the Sir Anthony next door if you want to do that).

If you are the type of person that looks for things to moan about then, yes, you will find them but if you just want to have a fun, relaxing holiday then you won’t be disappointed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

3  Thank PKOF

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m glad to read that, in general terms, you have found our services and facilities satisfactory.

I would also like to thank you for your suggestions on how to improve the room facilities. They´ll be taken into consideration.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visists to Tenerife.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

we stayed here last year and never again. we have lived in Tenerife for some 25 years till we left 10 years ago. last year we went to visit friends and knowing the south of Tenerife very well we thought we would give this hotel ago.
our room was very dirty on arrival, the curtain were hanging half down and the room in general looked like it hadnt been up dated still it was built. we went straight to reception and asked for our money back as this hotel was not for us. we were told that that wasnt possible and that they couldnt understand why we didnt like the hotel. so unfortunately we were stuck there for three nights. the recption area and coffee shop area are awful (coffee bar, means machine and plastic tables). the following morning breakfast was a nightmare, the food was poor, the tables were dirty,the floor was dirty and were we sat the wallpaper was peeling off. (we took photos). we went and complained again and wrote in their complaints book. on returning I wrote to their main office and to date am still waiting for a reply. whatever you do book somewhere else. we have been back to Tenerife twice since and we are due to go again end of this month and I can assure you there are lovely hotels out there, just not this one. its stars are due to location nothing else is pleasant about this awful out dated hotel.

Room Tip: book in another hotel is our advise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ballin spain b

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m very sorry to read that your experience with us has been so negative.

On the first place, we would never force anyone to stay with us against his will. As soon as you wish to leave there will be no problem for us to return your money ( if you have booked direct with us) or make the necessary arrangements with your travel agency to solve this for you.

As you have mentioned, our rooms have not been fully refurbished since the hotel was built although the refurbishment is already planned and due to start soon.

Regarding the letter of complaint you have mentioned, I ignore where it was sent but I always take the time to respond to each single email, letter or review. I suggest you to contact us through our web page and I will be pleased to send you my response.

Please, accept my most sincere excuses for any inconvenience.