“Great family hotel ”

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great family hotel ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with a group of family and friends and all had a great holiday. A really good hotel for children with a great kids club our children would go then have a break then return again and also got chance to stay for their lunch at no extra cost.
Hotel does need a refurb bedrooms more than anything, Would only return if bedrooms where updated as can get nicer ones for same price but not as good kids club.
Overall all our group enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank amandas1982
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions with us.

I´m happy to know that your group of friends and family have enjoyed our services and facilities, specially the Kids Club.

I will be pleased to welcome you again in this or any of the sister hotels within the resort, as they are newr and recently refurbished and they allow acces to all the resort facilities too.

Do not hesitate to check pictures and more information about prices at our web page. Our sales department team will also be pleased to give you any information you might need.

Esteban Sedano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel - Great room, it was cleaned daily an it was very spacious with plenty of storage space. We stayed on the 6th floor overlooking the mountains and roads. Could be a little noisy at night but it didn't bother us as we could still sleep. Shower and bath in bathroom with a hairdryer. However the hairdyer was old and took a while to dry my girlfriends hair. Daytime around the pool was great. Lots of activities for the whole family to join in with (darts, water aerobics, mini golf etc). You cannot reserve beds before 9am so if you put towels down you need to stay otherwise the pool staff removed your towels and others would take your beds. This was a great idea as it meant there was plenty of beds in the morning to choose from. Buffet breakfast was delicious, lots of choice! They do have nighttime entertainment but it is mainly for children as it starts early. The hotel staff put on a show on a Monday called Life. Go and see it! Lasted an hour and afterwards you get free drinks in the hotel. On Wednesday they call it Blue Wednesday and the pool is lively from 9 till 6 with live music and activities including a foam party. If you don't like the noisy pool you can use the facilities in the other two hotels (sir Anthony and Cleopatra) both of these hotels are much quieter.

Playa de las Americas - one of my favourite places to stay. Full of restaurants and bars with nightly entertainment. I would recommend a restaurant called Vilaflor. Great service and tasty food. Defiantly go and play Santiago mini golf, great at night time although it can get busy. Loads of shops including perfume shops, gifts and designer.

Next door to las Americas is Las vistas with a great beach and more restaurants and bars great for lunch! Then go on to Los Christianos. A port with boats and another great beach with plenty of shops and a great market on a Sunday! We went on a 2 hour boat trip from Los Christianos at €15 each. We spotted whales and dolphins and had a fantastic trip. This was one of my favourite trips! Don't forget your camera, the whales come very close to the boat (it is 100% chance of seeing whales!!)

Day trips - Siam park the watermark is amazing, a free bus takes you there. Arrive at opening to enjoy the rides before they get busy. This was a brilliant day, we only left at closing time as we couldn't get enough of the thrilling water slides. Loro parque, this was an hour drive away on a coach we booked through the hotel at a good price, dolphin, whale, sealion and parrot shows as well as a park to walk around to see a large variety of animals, a day enjoyed by all.

Through the hotel we book to go to teide. It was the whole day trip. We went to the volcano national park. You do not go right up but close enough. To go right up is an 8 hour day. Then they took us to Puerto de la cruz which is full of shops and restaurants. Then we went to a finishing village which was a beautiful village not very touristy mainly just for the locals. Here we visited the prasilica which was beautiful. Then took the coach home day lasted from 8am until 5pm. Tour guide was also very good and spoke the whole day telling us about different things on the island as well as history.

This was our third visit to playa de las Americas but first time to this hotel. I would defiantly recommend and cannot wait to go back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank David W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you invested to write such a long review.

I´m really pelased to know that your stay with us has been up to your expectations and I also hope to welcome you again soon in future visits to Tenerife.

I suggest you to visit our web page, where you will be able to find our best promotions and additional information about availability and services.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and still enjoy it, we stayed from 26th July to 5th August on B\B.
Although the rooms are in need of a little TLC, they are still clean and tidy and service top class, even after coming back in the early hours a little worse for wear, and getting up very late, the cleaning staff still knocked on our door to see if we needed towels etc.
If I had one criticism, it would be that ashtrays should be provided in smoking rooms, as I always request, but never receive one, and always end up buying one, but this is a small criticism.
I would recommend this hotel, and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Our rooms have always been good.
3 Thank mapaly
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing here your positive review.

I´m happy tor ead that your stay with us has been pleasant and I would also like to thank you for your loyalty.

Regarding the provision of ashtrays, you can only find them in the rooms on the first floor, prepared for smokers. If this was the case, please accept my most sincere excuses.

I will be happy to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you need.

Best regards,

Wigtown
Reviewed 7 August 2014

From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left, we could not fault anything about this hotel, very informative and relaxed check in, including champagne, hotel is of high standard, spotlessly clean, the little touches like in the public loos, exotic flowers on the hand basins, always being cleaned, pool activities, aqua Zumba, aqua aerobics, Wednesday is fun packed day, from start to finish, my favourite was, foam party, live band who were excellent, then the samba dancers and band. Children facilities were second to none, I've never seen a kids club like it, there was plenty too keep your little ones entertained, I'd defiantly recommend people with kids to go here. Supplying pool towels is brilliant, saves taking up room in your case, private acces to the beach, access to Cleopatra hotel facilities, if u want a quieter experience, but we preferred the buzz of the main pool area, the food in the hotel was the best I've ever tasted, as the saying goes, "spoilt for choice" any kind of food you could imagine, steaks, all sorts of fish dishes, fresh seafood, etc,,,,tooooo many to list, breakfast the same, cannot fault it, half a stone put on in a week lol,,,I could go on and on, but It's safe to say, we are already to book for next year, excellent staff, nothing to much trouble, oh and the champagne at breakfast is a lovely touch!

Room Tip: We had a pool view, we like to see and hear holiday excitement, but if you prefer quiet, book mounta...
7 Thank LittlePWigtown
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and for sharing them here on Tripadvisor.

By your review I can see that you have enjoyed your stay with us, which is our main ambition.

I also thank you for booking again your next holidays. Do not hesitate to contact us for any special request and we will do our best to meet your preferences.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Beautyfull place for family rest. Nice sea view at the 5th floor. Grate pool. Tasty food in hotel's restaurant. A lot of restaurants and cafes nearby the hotel. Cool shopping there - long shop street against main entrance of hotel. And be sure there is clean sand beach with excited warm ocean. We love this place! I hope we will return there again at least once...

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank LiViUkr
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed our services and facilities and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again if you visit Tenerife in the future.

You can check our web page where you will find our best promotions and aditional information about services and entertainment.

Waterford
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Firstly I want to say I don't work for this hotel,I have been staying in the hotel for the last 6 years we go usually in July for 2 weeks my wife and my parents.We love it here the feeling of peace and comfort that the hotel and the staff give is as good as anywhere I have stayed and just check back on my profile I stayed in a lot of the best hotels around.The area that the hotel is in is perfect wonderful up market shops,and restaurants the setting is about 1 mile long with the best of everything.The distance from the airport to the hotel in 22 miles or 30 mins in a taxi which will cost 27 euro.The reception is wonderful very classy and refined the receptionist was great made everything easy and was spot on in knowing we had been before,some takes your cases and shows you to your room its all these little extras that matter.The reception informed us that we had sea view rooms and there were the best 6051 6049 and the view was to die for.We had a flat screen tv in room but we never turned it on the rooms are fine bed is comfortable and space is fine bathroom and balcony a good size and spotless also fridge and safe provided free brat little youches.Two minutes after checking in and knock at the door its a free bottle of cava on the house to welcome you what a nice touch.Pool area is perfect spotless clean giant pool and no rush for sun loungers I did see the usual british people up at 7 putting down towels even though it states that towels shouldn't be left down before 9 am the time that the guy hands out clean towels for the day it was good to see him removing towels that people had left down at silly o clock,you give this guy your towel cards and he gives you the towels and you can change them as much as you want.Pool bar is perfect for a quick drink snack menu not great but staff are very efficient and there is even a guy on rollerblades if you are to lazy to get up from the sun.The breakfast is glorious sitting outside and relaxing over a feast of everything imaginable great service and please keep it up there was never a queue when I was there unless 2 people waiting for coffee will put you off which is crazy.Every staff member deserves a raise because there couldn't of done there job better entertainment staff are friendly and not to pushy.There is loads to do in hotel and tennis crazy golf the gym but be warned its 6 euro per person to use gym or 20 euro for the week which is silly.At the back of the hotel is the gate to the perfect beach and on to the beach club which is owned by same hotel and is perfect for cocktails and watch the sun go down the beech at the back of hotel is haven on earth.We were asked to many party nights and cocktail partys as the hotels guests we went to vip cocktail twice and was impressed and the disco by the pool was great touch as well as party wednesday which had drummers and dancers was great fun and if you didn't want to hear any body then just go to the cleoptara hotel in the same complex that is much quitter.Im going to go again next year and thank god I have the means to go holiday anywhere I want but I still come back here because its so beautiful of a place and the staff are so good.The only gripe that I have there should be loyalty programme for returning guests for discounts off I want to get a suite next year keep on the good work and please people trust me this hotel is well well above average and deserves better reviews thank you see you next July

Room Tip: Higher the floor the more sea view you get
9 Thank MichaelBres
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting here your long and positive review.

I´m glad to read that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations and I would also like to thank you for your loyalty throughout the latest years, much appreciated.

I will be happy to welcome you again in your future visits to Tenerife. Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

just returned from med palace staying 5 nights wish we could have stayed longer! This was our 7th time staying and we were a little worried that it had changed reading some of the reviews, needn't have worried. Yes there are a few more activities going on in the daytime but not too much as some reviews have said. Little girl loved the foam party. Kids club fantastic as always. Rooms, yes they could do with a little updating but are clean and well looked after. We had new flat screen telly but who goes on holiday to watch TV and stay in room. Can't wait to go again.

If eating out must try Biancos and First Love both excellent!

Room Tip: Had a suite on 6th floor great views sun in the afternoon and not too noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen D
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.

I´m glad to read that you have enjoyed your short stay with us and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again for longer periods.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page, where you will find special promotions and aditional information about our services.

Best regards,

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Sol Tenerife
Sol Tenerife
#33 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#8 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!