“love♥ love♥ love ♥the mediteranean palace” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mediterranean Palace Hotel

Mediterranean Palace Hotel
England, United Kingdom
“love♥ love♥ love ♥the mediteranean palace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Returning for our 7th visit to the med palace, again we had another amazing holiday, the staff are lovely and are always willing to help. Our room was superb with amazing views, the location is fantastic and i wish we had been able to stay for longer. We come every year, last year twice !
The summer night festival that the staff put on in the theatre is always a winner, and this year they also did a performance in the street outside the safari shopping centre. AMAZING!
As a family we cant wait for our next visit

Room Tip: Sea view high up
1 Thank lee j
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I´m happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your loyalty throughout the latest years, much appreciated by all of us.

Nothing could please us more than welcoming you and your family again soon. Do not hesitate to conatct us for any assistance with future bookings.

Kind regards,

Esteban Sedano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent hospitality
Will follow with further review later
If u planning visit to tenerife
Stay here
Very very clean
Food very good
Best I think to go b&b only as plenty great places to eat locally
Breakfast very good variety
Evening meals can get bit boring
Though
Can't fault standards in hotel they are exceptional
Kids club fantastic
Can't understand what people complaining about
Everything very good

U can eat out easily for. £10/15€
Per evening

Great for things to do
Go karting
Blue whale and dolphin watching
Shopping
Etc etc
Loads of shops
Have a very good WALK around the complete 4 blocks around the hotel to flavour best facilities and local businesses especially sea front .
Excellent
We hired a car via auto reisene
They were excellent but we didn't really need the car !!!
Receptions was brilliant and excellent

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank hb_guru2014
Dear Guest,

It is us who must thank you for your kindness writing such a positive review.

I´m really pleased to know that you have enjoyed our services and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

I suggest you to visit our web page, where you will find special promotions and information about availability for future bookings.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just returned from weeks stay and was very disappointed, the bedroom was old and dated, our room was over the main entrance and carpark and olso the roundabout which resulted in a lot of noise it was a mountain view room and I expected it to be quiet and peaceful. The restaurant was very busy and found it difficult to get seating but the food was ok. When we complained about the noise we were moved to a room over the restaurant which was worse because at 6.am every morning tables were being set for breakfast and the noise was dreadful. I will not be returning to this hotel when I visit Tenerife which I plan to next year.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 6th floor in 'Mountain View as it is very noisy overlooking the carpark and round...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Loretta B
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

I´m very sorry that you have found your room and the hotel surroundings so noisy. As a resort we offer different options that might be closer to your expectations. The other two hotels within the resort are much quieter and would probably suite your preferences better.

I suggest you to visit our web page where you will find more information about them.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your next booking. I´ll be happy to take personal care of it and ensure that you get a quiet room.

norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Lovely stay in suite and splash pool. Superior view, excellent swimming pool, plenty of sun beds. Food lovely with great assortment to suit all. Very pleasant staff who go out of their way for you, huge cocktails at €5 and beer €2,40.

Room Tip: Go for sea view. Ans suite with splash pool
      Location
3 Thank familyNorfolk
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your short but positive review.

I´m glad to know that your stay with us has been pleasant and I hope to have the chance to welcome you in future visits to Tenerife.

I suggest you to check our best rates and special promotions in our web page.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I don't usually write reviews of holidays but after returning from a 10-day stay at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel, I really felt I had to compliment the hotel and it's dedicated staff.

The moment we arrived, our bags were taken from us and we were given a glass of champagne. The hotel knew myself and my partner were celebrating a special occasion and had decorated the room and left a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket for us to enjoy. Really appreciated that as it made our arrival extra special.

We had a stunning pool and part sea view room. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean every day.

The location is excellent. Right beside two sandy beaches and in the heart of the shopping and restaurant district - while still being 5 mins drive away from the noisy nightlife strip. My favourite restaurants were Italian restauraunt, Bianco (just across from the hotel) and the beautiful La Terrazza del Mare, situated right on the seafront.

Every single staff member I met during my stay was enthusiastic and genuinely friendly. The pool is huge and buzzing with activity but we decided to use another gorgeous pool which is part of the sister hotel (easily accessible from our hotel) because it was much more chilled-out and mainly for adults.

The breakfast had a large selection and cava was served every morning which was a lovely touch. The beach is accessed from a back gate in the hotel and water sports are available to those interested.

I went with a group aged 22-23 and we were seeking a relaxing holiday with a few nice restaurants and disco bars at night time. This hotel is the perfect location for that because it is away from the main strip (which we found mainly suited to teenagers) but near plenty of bars and restaurants, including the Hard Rock Cafe which is just next door.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely come back in a few years time. The hotel's main strength is its wonderful staff.

Room Tip: It's worth getting a sea view room as it is beautiful sitting on the balcony in the evenings.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vicky W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and review.

I´m very pleased to know of your satisfaction with our services and very specially, with our staff attention. We know how important they are and I promose to share your comments with my team as I am sure they will be happy to know of your satisfaction.

One of the advantages of staying in our resort is the possibility of using the different facilities within, like for example the roman pool, more relaxing.

We will be glad to welcome you again in the future. Do not hesitate to find our best promotions in our web page.

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just returned from an 11 night stay and loved every second of it. Upon arrival we were greeted with champagne and a bellboy to deal with our luggage and guide us to our room.

The interior of the hotel is truly beautiful, with an abundance of seating areas, extravagant decorations and water features. The rooms themselves are nice enough, if a little basic, but they have huge beds, a modern toilet and a balcony with seating, what more do you need? They were also cleaned every single day, which was perfection.

The pool area was fantastic and we spent most days here, since there was plenty of space to sunbathe and a huge pool to dip into. The entertainers also conducted water aerobics everyday at 12pm and a variety of mini-games at 3pm, and the pool often had large inflatables for everyone to have fun with, so there was always a good atmosphere. Rather than paying the price for pool drinks, we simply purchased our own large bottles from a supermarket and just paid 50 cents for a glass with ice at the pool bar whenever we wanted a cool drink. The pool area also leads out onto a small beach which is perfect for a day by the water, however this is not a golden sand beach and the water is over (some very slippery) rocks, so beach goers may prefer to head slightly further along the strip to the main beach, which is much prettier if not as peaceful as this little one.

The breakfast choice was unbeatable, there was literally something for everyone. It does get really busy around 9am, but there is always more food made available. It was by no means 5 star dining but for a buffet of its size it was what you would expect, and it wins on the sheer variety of food alone.

Location was perfect for afternoon and evening activity. The hotel is located right in the middle of its strip, with an abundance of supermarkets, restaurants and bars right on your doorstep. There are also numerous shopping centres for clothes, alcohol or gifts and even a McDonalds within 5/10 minutes if the notion strikes. This area gets a little quieter around 12/1am, so for younger travellers its best to head to the Veronica's strip, which is a 15/20 minute walk (or 5 minute taxi) from the hotel - here you'll find all the nightlife you'll need, with pretty much every bar in competition offering you any 2 drinks and 2 shots for €6, and once the bars there close at 3am, everyone heads across the road to Tramps, a nightclub which remains in action until 6am. Definitely recommend spending a night on the town on this strip if you're up for it - we did this then simply came back to the hotel around 6am and went straight to breakfast at 6.30am!

With the hotel being part of a resort, it means that you are free to make use of the two adjacent hotels if you desired - the Sir Anthony Palace apparently hosts a great spa, although we did not make use of it, and the Cleopatra Palace is much more of a sophisticated hotel, with a beautiful but smaller pool area - in any case, between the three hotels there is bound to be something to suit your tastes. The resort also contains Tenerife's Hard Rock Cafe and customers simply need to present their room card when dining there to receive a 10% discount - even if you don't enjoy the food, you'll enjoy the architecture of the place, the entire building was absolutely beautiful with large water fountains and neon lighting, it was a huge attraction and right on our doorstep

The only disappointment was having no fridge in our room - we made sure to buy a plastic bucket and a large pack of ice everyday to cool any drinks we bought! All in all it was an absolutely fantastic holiday and gave us everything we could have wanted from our stay. I would definitely recommend it to any one - it is a holiday resort perfect for all ages, nationalities, families, couples, friends or single travellers!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
5 Thank bannisd
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you very specially for taking the time to write such a long review and for sharing your satisfaction with us here on Tripadvisor.

I´m very pleased to know that you have enjoyed most of our services and facilities.

Natural beaches in Tenerife have black volcanic sand. The few white sand beaches aren´t natural but near the resort you can find both types if you wish.

Regarding the fridge, I am quite surprised as you should have had one. All rooms offer this facility and I can oly think of a very unfortunate mistake made by our staff when taking the one in your room for repair without replacing it. Please, accept my most sincere excuses for the inconveniences.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to the island.Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need regarding future bookings.

Warmest regards,

Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Just come back from the mediterranean palace...thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Hotel spotlessly clean, all staff very helpful and polite from reception to cleaners.

We only stayed on bed and breakfast basis, as we did want to try eating out a bit more (after being all inclusive for last couple of years)...breakfasts very good, lots of choice - cereals, fruit, pancakes, waffles, cooked breakfast and cava available - if you wish.

Huge pool, and no dash for sunbeds in the morning, could leisurely eat breakfast and still get a space - did like the fact they were enforcing the 'no towels before 9 rule'. You also got a hotel pool towel, for a refundable deposit (or you can use credit card as deposit), liked this as you could change your towel as often as you wanted, which was nice given the good weather whilst we were there.

Entertainers around pool in the day were great - lots of fun activities to do, if you wanted, really liked the 'blue day' they had on a Wednesday - spinning session, aqua aerobics with 'foam', great live singers on and big inflatable in pool for children (still lots of room to swim).

Wasn't much on in the evening (could be a little clearer what entertainment was on as not much on notice board)...after the blue day, same singers on at night were very good and we saw another group on terrace who were also very good. It is quiet at night, which is relaxing, but there are lots of bars in the area with entertainment - if that's what you want.

Our room had a mountain view - which was a little noisy a couple of nights - think Saturday was the worst as think there was a club in veronicas area with laser show which was really loud that night..other side of hotel might be better.

Rooms themselves were fine...wasn't bothered about a bulky TV...as we don't go on holiday to sit in the room. Did find 4 English channels on it...

Overall really enjoyed it...

Only niggles for us would be cost of snacks and drinks at the hotel... 2.20 euros for small coke and 5.50 euros for a toastie, if these were a bit more reasonable I think more people would use the snack bar....as just out of the back of the hotel are plenty of cafés selling toasties and baguettes at half the price. Quite a few people eating their own food and drink.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Probably pool view quieter
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MadelineCheshire
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

I’m happy to know that you have enjoyed our services and facilities and I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in future visits to Tenerife.

I would also like to thank you for your suggestions on how to improve our snack bar service; they will be taken into consideration.

Do not hesitate to visit our web page for any information on prices and availability.

Esteban Sedano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
H10 Conquistador
#17 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,065 reviews
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#11 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Mediterranean Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!