“'vulcano fantastico'”

GreenLeadersGold level
York, United Kingdom
“'vulcano fantastico'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from the Vulcano Hotel having stayed there for 11 nights. What can I say wrong about the stay, absolutely nothing. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by polite, courteous staff, who made us feel special. We had paid for and received a premium room which was everything we had expected. The decor inside the hotel was that of a rain forest effect with tropical trees and shrubs everywhere, the cleanliness of the hotel was superb, the choice of meals in the restaurant were fantastic with something for everyone and the cabaret choice at night was of a good holiday standard. The only slight criticism was the system in place round the swimming pool as regards the reserving of sunbeds. The system was good in as much that no sunbeds could be reserved which alleviated the need to get up at the crack of dawn to put your towels out, but there were a few people who ignored this rule and tried their luck. Some of these people were allowed to get away with it some weren't. I think the rule should be across the board and everyone treated equally. Also I think the rules could be relaxed after 11am as I spoke to one lady who had left her sunbed to go back to her room to collect something only to find that her towels had been removed upon her return. I put my towels out once around 10.30am and went to the toilet but was told by the female attendant that I had to go to the toilet first before putting my towels down although there were other sunbeds nearby that had been reserved and appeared to be overlooked. This was only a slight niggle but not enough to put me off from wanting to return as overall the hotel was spot on and led to a very enjoyable holiday. I give the hotel 100%.

Room Tip: if you can it is worth paying the little bit extra for a pool view room
1 Thank brian1006_12
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, 10 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you spent a very enjoyable holiday with us and that you rated the hotel as fantastic.

It’s also nice that you noticed the “green theme” in the hall, the standard of the cleanness, the entertainment and the variety and quality of the food.

I’m sure that our team will appreciate your compliments, especially concerning the staff attitude.

I’d like to thank you for the suggestion concerning sunbeds and towels in the swimming pool area. We are doing our best to let know to the guests the rule and to make respect it without being unfriendly.

Thank you once again for your nice review, your kind words and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

RRPP Department, Spring Hotel Vulcano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,003)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
cork ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hi Went to Vulcano with my friend on 21st April, and thought it was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. On entering we were impressed by the botanical inside garden. Check in at reception was quick and having asked for a 6 or 7th floor rroom got one no. 697 It had lovely views on the left was the sea and the bright lights of the centre and on the right side another view of the sea on the Veronicas side. It had two good size beds and a two seater couch, a 32" tv with only Itv 1 and BBc WORLD news. It had plenty of closet space . Now the safe is on hire for €2 per day, towels €1 per day and fridge €1 per day, but the whole package can be had for €24 for 6 days for the two of us. Now the food was really good Roast Beef Joint, Salmon twice, Steak 3 times
Roast Pork Joint, Fish, all in Show cooking. There was also a large variety of salads cold meat and smoked salmon and tuna a couple of nights . There was also 2 soups every night and a huge variety of cakes and jelly and ice creams as deserts also crackers and a variety of cheeses Really good food The breakfasts were the usual and also very good and there was champagne on Sunday morning There has been complaints about the beds around the pool saying that they were all in a row with canopys over them There was no shortage and you could move the beds backwards and forwards so your legs could get a bit of colour and then your top. worked out well. We also played bingo one morning and did the aerobics on 3 mornings nothing too strenuous and which we enjoyed. Overall it was a very good holiday and the staff of the hotel were very obliging and pleasant. . Would really recommend this hotel. Also there is a s
Spring card which you sign up before you go which gives you 15% off your total bill for your drink at your meals or in the bar which is charged to your room no. every night and paid for at the end of your stay. The area around the hotel about 5 min walk away is full of expensive shops and a fountain of lights. Entertainment at night was only average. Bit of dancing until 10 and then a different act or singer. until 11.30

Room Tip: The room 697 was quiet large with sea views on both sides but did not get the sun until about 3 in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank micratoyota
springhoteles, Public relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, 10 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor and for recommending the hotel.

I’m glad that you spent very good holidays with us and I’m also proud that you rated the hotel as the best where you stayed.

It’s nice that you appreciated the location, the “green theme” in the hall, the room, the entertainment, the food and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

Concerning the variety of British TV channels, I’d like to assure you that actually we are doing our best to expand the selection.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Perfect location, excellent staff. I stayed here because there were not to many English, but a nice mixture of nationality's. I am English but when I am on holiday I like to meet other nations. The hotel I found to be stunning both inside & out. Located near to Los Cristianos & Veronica's strip, I found it to be ideal for both shopping & quiet one way or partying & drinking the other. I did not eat at the hotel as they said I had to wear trousers or longer shorts, this I did not mind as there were plenty of good local restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Brent K

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel in a perfect and ideal location as well as it’s nice that you rated our staff as excellent. I’ll share your compliments with the entire team.

I regret that you couldn’t able to eat at the hotel during the evening, as we can provide to our guests long trousers. I do hope for the next time you will try also our restaurant in the dinner, as many guests appreciate the quality and variety of the food.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

On arrival at hotel, we were allocated our room quickly by reception, despite the fact that there was quite a long queue. However, we had to return later to hire the fridge and pool towels. Management may wish to consider including these in the overall cost of accommodation thus reducing the administration costs. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms, but these could also be hired. My first check in any hotel in which I stay is the quality of the beds. I was delighted to find that these were modern and firm - a necessity for anyone with back problems. Dinner on the first evening was delicious with plenty of choice and I can report that this standard was upheld throughout our stay. It is significant to note that WiFi advertised as "free" in the lobby only worked intermittently. Also there was only 1 English channel available on the TV network. While these may not be important to some holiday makers, as it rained quite a lot during the day at the weekend, the poor quality of these services was highlighted.
Our room was not cleaned until the afternoon during the first 2 days. I spoke to reception about this and they in turn spoke to Housekeeping, who resolved the problem and we had it cleaned when we went down to breakfast. We enjoyed the entertainment provided on most evenings, but when it didn't suit our taste, we were spoiled for choice within close range of the hotel.
The staff were all very courteous, and we would return to the hotel as my overall assessment is very good.

Room Tip: Probably more economical to pay for a superior room than take a standard one and have to hire the e...
2 Thank jackslybacon
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, 6 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor and letting us know your opinion.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rated the hotel as very good.

It’s also nice that you found the bed very comfortable and the staff very courteous, which could satisfy you about the time of the cleanness in your room. I will share your compliments with the entire team.

I’m sure that our management will appreciated your suggestion concerning fridge and pool towels, as well as we are doing our best to expand the variety of TV British channels after UK satellite changes. At the moment we are able to provide BBC1, ITV1, BBC World News and Premier League and Champions League football matches.

I’d like also to inform that actually we are improving the Wi-Fi service with the aim to cover the fully hotel.

Thank you once again for your kind review and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arrived 29 April and upgraded to XL Terrace - fabulous room. We stayed last year in a premium room but this one is better. Food fabulous, service is first class, particularly bar and restaurtant. Entertainment good - the Beatles tribute last night - a class act

Minor irritation - I have trodden a well worn path to reception every day so far to request water and tea, or hand towels and the bath robe and slippers. All issues dealt with promptly and efficiently We are hoping this has now ceased - still room 282 is fab and this is a class hotel - 6 days to go

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank PatElse

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the room, the food, the entertainment and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standards of service.

I’d like also to thank you for your feedback concerning the “minor irritation”. I will report it to the management.

scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the Vulcano for the first time from 25th April till 2nd May and we're absolutely delighted with our choice. We have stayed at the Arona Gran, another Spring Hotel, 8 times and decided it was time for a change and are kicking ourselves that we never tried the Volcano sooner. The staff in all departments are genuinely friendly and very professional in maintaining a very high standard.

I e-mailed the hotel 3 weeks before travelling and asked for a room on the 5th floor with a nice view and I can assure you that room 554 met that requirement perfectly...thank you Nancy Ramos for your attention to detail.

The food has got to be the best we have had in any other 4 star hotel in Europe, and we have stayed in many.

Our only niggle is that we only booked for a week!

This has now firmly become our no. 1 choice in Tenerife

Enjoy....we did

Room Tip: Any room above 3rd floor
1 Thank sunlovers3Scotland

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us and that you rated the hotel as fantastic.

It’s nice that we were able to satisfy your expectations and that you were delighted with your choice as well as I’m sure that our team will appreciate your compliments regarding the food and the staff attitude. I will share also your kind words to our front desk manager, Mrs. Nancy.

Thank you once again for your five-star review; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Prescot, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just back from a week at this lovely hotel. We stayed half-board. The food was excellent with plenty of choice. Our room overlooking the pool was comfortable and maid service came in every day to clean and tidy. The reception area is stunning and a nice place to spend a little time relaxing. All areas of the hotel are kept clean and well maintained. The heated pool was lovely but even the unheated one was not too bad after the initial shock. There was no difficulty getting a lounger by the pool.

The clientel are mostly of the older generation and I would not recommend this hotel for families with young children. The evening entertainment was quite good but some more variety rather than just vocalists would have been nice.

The staff were friendly, welcoming and polite and both checking-in and out was handled smoothly and efficiently.

Just a couple of quibbles which have also been mentioned in previous reviews. We booked a room overlooking the pool which included free use of the safe, pool towels, dressing gowns and slippers but did not include the rental of the mini-bar. One euro per day is not a lot to pay I know, however I feel it would be better included in the cost of the holiday rather than being an irritating extra which involved returning to reception to book and then a wait of several hours before it was unlocked and switched on.

The wi-fi was very intermittent in reception although we eventually found out that the signal was better in the bar and dining room. The bar prices seemed high and there was not much of a choice in beers. The cost for a bottle of water at dinner was €2.30 which was enough for two people but still expensive.

The hotel is nicely situated near shops and bars and not too far from the beach. Should you need a snack the small Caribe supermercado in the road next to the hotel makes delicious rolls with fillings of your choice at a very reasonable rate.

We enjoyed our holiday at the Vulcano.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
springhoteles, Public relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this review, 6 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring Hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to write five-star and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rated the hotel as lovely.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the location, the hall, the room, the standard of the cleanness, the food and the staff attitude. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standard of service and your kind words are the best reward.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions concerning the empty minibar, which I will report to the management, and concerning the Wi-Fi coverage, which we are actually improving.

Thank you once again for your kind review and your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.