“Superb Hotel”

Spring Hotel Vulcano
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Myself, my husband and 11 year old daughter arrived on 25th May and were given a warm welcome by the reception staff at the Vulcano Hotel. Our fellow guests (majority are senior citizens, were wonderful to spend time with and gave us a run for our money as a younger couple at all the sporting events). Our room was lovely and the staff in the bar and restaurants were consistently friendly and professional with a great sense of humour and the food was absolutely superb. A special mention has to go out to Marco and Dalma (Animation Team), their enthusiasm and friendliness is a credit to the Vulcano. We will definitely return, this is a fantastic hotel and it is clear why they have so many repeat visitors...keep up the winning formula.

Room Tip: "A pool facing room made all the difference"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Deirdra
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rated the hotel as superb.

I’m also proud concerning your compliments about our global services, especially about the staff attitude. I’m sure that Marco, Dalma and the rest of the team will appreciate your nice words.

Thank you once again for your kind review; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

stayed here twice first for my honeymoon then again in May .wasnt dissappointed very clean again,great food every night,friendly staff,good entertainment every night would recommend this hotel to everyone cant wait to go back.

1  Thank peter f

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for spending your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor and for recommending the hotel.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you rated the hotel as fabulous.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the standard of the cleanness, the entertainment, the food and the staff attitude. I will share your compliments with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind words; I look forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

After a 6 hour delay at bristol arrived and settled in our room 1.30 am..... didnt think too much of the noise coming from level 1 below at 6-7am until tuesday nite with too much noise of people echoing in the reception area at 2am... could not take sleep being disturbed any longer asked to move rooms. Dont stay in rooms above bar or near lifts staircases unless you want early wake up call each day. Thanks to lovely man on hotel reception desk should get much improved quality of sleep for remainder of hols
.. as for "cackling woman guest laughing" outside most of the night.... have some consideration for OTHERS !!!! Would stay here again but would specify room

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Mumzacab

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you rated the hotel as good, as well as it’s nice that you appreciated the location and the quality of food.

I regret that you found your first room not convenience, but, on the other hand, I’m delighted that my colleague has been able to find a good solution which satisfied you. I would like also to remember that, after booking, our clients can request by email the room location and our front desk manager, without guaranteeing, is always pleased to do her best to satisfy our customers’ expectations.

Thank you once again for letting us know your opinion; I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely hotel situated in the classy part of Las Americas.The rooms are comfortable.My only complaint is that there is no ventilation and it can get quite stuffy( needing to leave the bathroom door open when in the shower).My mum struggled to lower the temperature tap down it is very very stiff so if you are not very dexterous you may find this an inconvenience.That would be my only issue to let you know about.We stayed half board and the food and service was excellent.The choice was brilliant and if anyone found fault with it I would say it's their problem not the hotels.You cannot put down towels to reserve sunbeds as they will be collected and kept with the pool attendant till you return and do the walk of shame the collect them where you will get a wag of the finger.It is an older clientele but that was a bonus for us as it was quiet.If you have children maybe stay at the Bitacora opposite where there are slides for them( Same group of hotels).All in all we are planning on coming back in October as we enjoyed it so much.Oh another thing .I ordered a Spring discount card which they advertize on their website 3 wks before we arrived.When we asked on reception at check in they said that it was on the system but didn't have my card.I waited till half way through the holiday before I received it.That was disappointing as you get discount off food and drinks and money off in shops with the card but missed out as I didn't have one.A trip out to the Knights show at the Castel San Miguel is a must for any age.We booked ours through the hotel for 55 euros per he

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Elizabeth C
springhoteles, Public Relations Department at Spring Hotel Vulcano, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thank for taking your time to write your kind and detailed review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us and that you rated the hotel as lovely.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the room and the food, as well as I’m delighted that you rated the service as excellent.

Concerning the air conditioner, I regret that your mum found it inconvenience and I would like to remember that when a guest needs assistance in the room, our maintenance team is always pleased to do the best to solve the issue.

I would like also to ask to you to send us regarding the Spring Card argument, letting me the opportunity to forward your situation to our central booking department.

Thank you once again for your kind review and your valuable feedback; I look forward to welcoming you again in October.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for 1 week in May on our first ever visit to Tenerife .The hotel had been highly recommended to us by my brother and wife who have stayed on at least 6 occasions.Prior to our visit I had emailed the Vulcano to advise that we were celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary (40th) and requested a quiet room with a pleasant view. We were not disappointed.Our room was on the 5th floor with sea and mountain views with no outside traffic.Best of all we returned one day from the beach to find a bottle of champagne congratulating us on our anniversary from the manager- a nice touch.
We had a most enjoyable stay and found the staff most helpful,pleasant and friendly -the best we have encountered in any hotel.The food was quite exceptional and we particularly enjoyed the wonderful selection of fish.
Most of the hotel guests were friendly and any we talked to were very positive about the hotel.It was easy to see why so many return time and time again as I hope we will also.
If I had to make a critical point it would be to echo what many others have raised -a 4 star hotel should not be charging for room fridge and tea/coffee facilities in the 21st century.

6  Thank Santander2014585

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to write your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially in a date so important to you as your Ruby Wedding Anniversary.

It’s also nice that you noticed the view from your room and the quality of the food, as well as I’m glad that you appreciated the little touch from our manager and that you rated our staff as helpful, pleasant and friendly. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire team, who works hard to provide the expected standard of service.

Thank you also for the suggestion concerning the extras (accessories and facilities). They can be apart or included in the room price, depending on your booking. For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you once again for your kind review and your valuable feedback; I lo0ok forward to welcoming you again in your next visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just got back from one of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had. The hotel was perfect, it is spotlessly clean, staff are friendly and very attentive, food was excellent. The rooms are a good size and we had a lovely pool view on the 5th floor. There are very few children and most the adults are of retirement age and is very disabled friendly. There are two pools of a good size one which appeared to be heated. The only downside was the music from the hotel next door, do think maybe it didn't need to be so loud. That aside we can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Recommend a pool view.
5  Thank Landa148687

Thank you for choosing the Spring hotel Vulcano.

Many thanks for taking your time to post your five-star review on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you spent with us the most relaxing holidays you ever had and that you rated the hotel as superb and perfect.

It’s also nice that you appreciated the room, the standard of the cleanness, the quality of the food and the staff attitude. I will share your compliments with the entire team.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our 3rd visit to the Vulcano Hotel, I have taken my mum twice as she is disabled and the hotel generally caters for the retired. I found the staff very friendly and helpful in getting my mum mobile with an electric scooter. Unfortunately any other queries we had were met with disinformation, for example :-
a. When I asked how we obtained credit for not taking the evening meal I was told to ask the day before. I followed this instruction the next day after lunch to be told by another member of staff that you had to obtain the credit on the day you were not taking the evening meal and request this before noon in order to use the credit towards a lunch at the pool bar. This made sense, the first instruction was incorrect and we obviously put ourselves out of pocket for lunch.
b. I reported that the extractor fan in the bathroom was not working and was told it was a decorative face plate that there were no extract fans in the entire hotel.
c. My wife reported that every time we used the dining room we had to look at at least three tables before we found one that didn't have spilled food usually dried rock hard on the seating. The tables had been reset with clean table clothes etc but they never cleaned the seats. Nothing done about it.
d. My wife reported that the settee in our room was filthy, it appeared to be covered in suntan oil, you almost stuck to it. Her clothing was stained by sitting on it. Nothing done about it.
On the day of returning home we were given the facility of a ground floor room for half an hour to freshen up which was very helpful, I was astounded to see the difference in quality of furniture and bathroom fittings, had our room been of this quality I would be writing a very different report.
We would definitely not recommend this Hotel and will certainly not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Alwyn T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing for the third time the Spring hotel Vulcano for spending your holidays in Tenerife and many thanks for taking your time to write your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I regret that this time the hotel has not satisfied your expectations and your description about our global services is absolutely very far from the standards that we are able and used to provide.

I would like to invite you to send us an email with more details about your room number and the dates of your stay, letting me the opportunity to report your situation to our manager, who will be pleased to attend your case personally.

I look forward to hearing from you and I do hope to have the chance to welcoming you again in the Spring hotel Vulcano in the near future.