Hotel fine, food ok, entertainment terrible!! But the hotel is in a good location so not too much of an issue... however we (2+2 kids) visited Mount Teide and went up in the cable car which is awesome, unfortunately we had our credit cards/debit cards/driving licences and all our cash stolen at some point on the trip.
On returning to the hotel and informing the reception staff of our situation and asking for help and to use the phone to report it to the bank and get some emergency money sorted, we were lied to overtly - apparently the hotel phones can't phone outside Tenerife??!! Did not believe them for one minute that that was the reason for saying 'no' to us as the reception staff then went on to aggressively question us about how we would be paying the hotel bill. They threatened to call the 'national police' on us as it was such a big problem for them. Having two kids with us too, the kids were terrified and kept asking if the police were coming to take mum and dad away. Awful and not what you need on holiday.
After politely thanking the staff for their unhelpfulness, we returned to our room only to be confronted by the Reception Manager 5 minutes later, who had come up to further question how we thought we would be paying the hotel. Purposely misunderstanding us (it was obvious, his English was perfect when it came to anything else) he went on and on about us paying our bill, when would be paying, how would we do it, how much of a problem we had created for them and how we were criminals if we didn't have the money now to pay them and confirming his staff's statement that they would call the police etc etc. This was all less than 15 minutes after returning to the hotel after the robbery!!
Never met a bunch of more inconsiderate, unhelpful, rude and threatening hotel staff. They're friendly when you're paying them and only then are you treated as a 'guest'. If you expect any help from your hotel in a real problem situation, avoid this hotel like the plague.
As it happened, we could pay for everything, had an extra card in the hotel room in case of any such emergency. Never given the chance to explain that however! Just a horrendous experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Troya Hotel is a 4 Stars Resort, placed in the center of Costa Adeje’s Boulevard, and facing front Troya Beach. This is a first class Hotel located at only 20 meters away from the beach, with only the seafront walk in between the sea and the hotel. A modern building ‘L’ shaped, with large areas, sweet-water pool, heated during the winter season, plus our Natural Spa with more than 1000 m2 full of sensations. The Troya Hotel offers the perfect atmosphere in order to entirely enjoy the tropical weather of Tenerife in any season of the year. This Hotel is the only one in the company that also offers the All Inclusive board basis option. Our aim is to satisfy our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Troya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Troya Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Troya Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas