“Stunning five star accomodation”
Review of Hotel Sir Anthony

Hotel Sir Anthony
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel was stunning! Set right agains the beach, al you hear is the sea. The rooms are very contemporary glass walls to bathrooms, screens if you want them. We also had a rooftop plunge pool, of which he tweed was changed every couple of days by the maid, or daily yourself if you wish. Breakfast was contemporary, or traditional, no request was too much for the staff. Complimentary tea trays in room....unusual but very welcome!
Downside, there were ants on my bedside table, but the staff came and sprayed so they were cleared. The room cleaning was inconsistent. A lot of dust on screens, and in corners, but hygienic ally it was clean. Toilets.... No odour etc. Molton Brown toiletries, and always replenished.
We will come back. There was a questionnaire in the room and we remarked on the dust.
Well well worth a stay, and it was cheaper than some 4 star hotels just up the coast!

Room Tip: Choose midway along . Numbers below 210 on first floor and second floor, below 310 don't get sun...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HOLIDAYNANA198
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your opinion on tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that our service and facilities have been up to your expectations.

Unfortunatelly the standard of cleaning has not been as good as it should and I beg you to excuse us for this. I have already passed your comments to our Housekeeper and I will settle extra controls for the room cleaning, to ensure it is up to the standard expected.

We will be glad to welcome you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need. We´ll be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

myself and my wife stayed here over Christmas week and came home with mixed feelings . I paid quite a high price due to time of year and although I did like the hotel I really don't think it was a 5 star experience. on the plus size rooms were modern and very clean and I found staff very friendly . the downside was breakfast .......I really don't understand how so many people are raving about this. it was a la carte with the same choice everyday . it was nice but that was that . choice was very limited . we actually missed it on 2 mornings simply because it was getting a bit boring . the biggest problem for me was the sir Anthony bar ...........it was the quietest bar I have ever encountered............so quiet we simply didn't try it. you walk in the front door of the hotel and there it is .......always empty. overall I would stay again as the room to be fair was once of the best I have encountered in a Spanish hotel but I would not pay the price we paid this time

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your opinion.

I´m sorry to read that some aspects of your stay have not been up to your expectations.

Although we have improved our breakfast service we still welcome any suggestion that banefits our guests. Our maitre is instructed to provide you with anything you might need, aven if it is not available on the menu.

On the other hand we are implementing a new bar service that might enhance this point of service and improve its quality and atmosphere.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the near future. Do not hesitate to vist our web site for any information on prices and availability.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

If what you seek is a comfortable, beachside hotel then the Sir Anthony, located just a garden and a promenade behind the main beach in Playa de Las Americas, may be to your liking but you should also know the following. First, it would take a very lax interpretation of Spain’s hotel rating rules to award this place 5 stars. A hotel of that class is required to have multiple restaurants, a gym and underground parking yet the Sir Anthony has none of these. What the owners have done is take the credit for these features by providing guests access to the facilities of a far more ordinary but particularly tasteless 4 star hotel a short walk away. At best this is an inconvenience, at worst it’s a flagrant gaming of the star system which allows them to overcharge you. Second, the customer service experience is poor. It is hard to believe that any of the front of house staff have experience in a real 5 star hotel because their manner with guests is quite unprofessional and quickly becomes overbearing and irritating. During our one night stay we twice had staff walk into our room without knocking. Third, it may be beside the beach, but this hotel really is situated in the nastiest, tackiest part of playa de las Americas and it’s difficult to imagine what sort of client would consciously choose a 5 start hotel in these surroundings. If you are really looking for 5 star quality and service then please do not be fooled by this hotel, there are far better options in the area.

3  Thank rkoflondon

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your opinion.

Our hotel is part of a bigger resort and its guests can also benefit from the services and facilities of the other hotels such as gym, Spa, pools, restaurants and bars, etc. However the hotel remains exclusive for its gests, providing a peacefull atmosphere within the resort.

On the other hand, we are situated on the so called Golden Mile of Tenerife South, with the best restaurants and shops of the area and an elegant and welcome atmosphere, just at the level of our much appreciated guests.

I´m sorry that these charaecteristics have not been up to your expectations, however the exclusiveness and style of this area is well appreciated for most visitors to the island.

I would also like to take the chance to wish you a very Happy new year.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here over Xmas 2013. It's a great hotel, well maintained, well located. Modern presentation and spacious room, we stayed in the standard room, with fantastic bathroom/ shower. Bed huge and very comfortable. Good pool, lots of loungers and lots of towels. Big highlight was staff service. They really cared, and we're very helpful, but not over attentive. Hotel is quiet so on the downside generally it's best to go out. Albeit there is always a live piano player in the bar; they must find it hard as the bar was normally empty. A really nice touch was the live music at breakfast. Breakfast options outstanding. If you prefer the beach to the pool , it's 2 minutes right outside the hotel. Overall if you want a relaxing enjoyable pool side holiday in great surroundings a good choice. However area does lack nightlife other tha. Lots of good restaurants. Short of bars ( other than tacky boozers ).

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clive G

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for posting it ehre on tripAdvisor.

I´m glad to read that you have found our services and facilities of your liking and hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Do not hesitate to contact us through our web site for anything you might need regarding a future stay. We´ll be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel in November for our Honeymoon and we booked into one of the junior suites.

it was expensive but well worth it because it was pure luxury, the bed was huge, all modern touches in the room, along with our own sun terrace and plunge pool, I never went in the little pool as it was freezing.

If I could make one criticism on the room it would be that it was missing a jacuzzi bath and I believe that other rooms had these, and considering our room was a suite, I would have expected it, but the wet room was nice with power shower. Every day room was cleaned twice, with replenishment of towels and toiletteries.

The hotel was peaceful and luxurious without being over the top or pretentious.

breakfast was excellent you could pretty much have anything you wanted but the food on the extensive menu was excellent. Sundays for Brunch is so worth it and real occasion not to be missed even serving roast beef and yorkshires for breakfast.

The pool area was clean and peaceful and staff around the pool area very attentive.

My only gripe is the gym facillities I like going the gym and considering we had paid a lot to use the hotel and surrounding ammenities, I did not appreciate having to pay 20 euro a week to use the gym which was pretty rubbish.

Gala night that they put on each week, isn't worth it overpriced and the food wasn't up to much and possibly it was aimed at older people but we had a nice enough time.

One restaurant I have to recommend to Sir Anthony guests is the Cabana Bambou, which is literally across the street and you miss this gem, authentic tapas restaurant with so much charm.

All in all nice hotel and we will go back hopefully in May 2014.

Room Tip: Junior suite probably not worth the extra money you pay as no bath.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your impressions about your recent visit to our hotel.

I´m glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay and I would also like to thank you for having chosen us for such special occasion.

I have taken good note of your comments regarding our gym service and I will do my best to make improvements on this service.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future. Do not hesitate to visit our web site for any information on prices or availability.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Having arrived the day prior to a red storm alert (10th December 2013), we were prepared for thunder, lightning and rain and when checking in upon arrival, the lovely receptionist even advised that the weather the following day was going to be terrible! Shame the hotel didn't think to act and have their buckets at the ready to catch the rain water that flooded the reception, bar area and through to the conservatory dining room! Breakfast on the 11th December was a wet affair due to the horrendous thunder and lightning with water running down walls, in through gaps and generally any where it could get. When we left the dining room we were met by the hotel staff with their trousers rolled up, mops and brushes and they were trying to sweep the water out of the hotel! We were stuck inside the hotel for a good few hours as the ground floor area was flooded and the water was pouring in through the revolving doors. If you hadn't guessed by now, the reception to the hotel is down a small hill past the Mediterranean Palace Hotel and suffered the worst of the storms. I realise that Tenerife doesn't suffer from storms that often and that their drainage systems can't cope with that much water but surely the hotel could have been prepared! The rain continued on and off for 2 days and it wasn't until day 4 of our holiday that the sun came out! Great, it was our last day and we could finally enjoy our Superior Room with Private Pool. We were in room 324 which was towards the end and had fantastic views to Mount Teide (complete with snow) and out over the beach - if we had been in the middle of the "crescent shape", we may well have been looking straight in to the Mediterranean Palace from our roof top balcony so we were very happy with the room allocation. The bar service at night in the hotel left a lot to be desired. Yes there was somebody in the bar area however they didn't focus on the actual bar and when people went to get a drink (and there weren't more than 10 of us in the place), you had to wait a bit of time or try and attract someone's attention from the dining room or the office adjacent to the small reception desk. The rooms at this hotel are fabulous and with having to endure the bad weather, we knew that paying for a more expensive room with better facilities had paid off. The free wifi was also a bonus as well. The bathroom is technically a glass room however there were shutters that you could open or close so that you could either lie in the bath, open the shutters and look straight out to sea or you could shut them. The bathrooms are huge, the best I have seen in any of the hotels I have stayed in. Breakfast was chosen from a menu and on some mornings due to the fact that the weather was terrible, the staff could not cope with all the people! Orders were wrong, they took some time to get things out to you but we put that down to the extra ordinary situation they found themselves in however with the clientele of this hotel being slightly older, there were many moaners sitting waiting for their cooked breakfast! We will return to this hotel again as the location was perfect for walking around the resort and hopefully we can enjoy the plunge pool that was on the roof top and the sun loungers as well. I have posted up quite a few pictures as I found when researching this hotel that there were a lack of pictures for the roof top pool areas so hopefully they will be helpful to any future guests at the hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms with the spiral staircase to the plunge pools are fantastic. 324 was towards the...
1  Thank Lotusgirl

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Yes, unfortunatelly you visited us while we experienced the worst storm in years. The thick water stream coming from the main street was just impossible to predict as we had never been under such circumstances in the past. As many other hotels, we suffered from all kind of damages and we had to work hard as a team to solve the different problems that arised but luckily we reactioned quickly and returned to normal service soon.

Please, accept our most sincere excuses for any inconvenience.

I appreciate your comments about our bar service and i´m glad to know that you will be returning in the future, hopefully with a better luck.

Do not hesitate to visit our web site for any information on prices and availability.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was our third visit to the Sir Anthony, in my review 12 months ago my only serious gripe was the service for breakfast I am pleased to report it has been sorted. We were there the first week in December the hotel was very busy, the breakfast experience has improved dramatically we believe because they have employed a new assistant manager Rosa. She was there every morning ensuring everything was working well and assisting where necessary which because it was so busy, most of the time. Thank you Rosa. I would suggest the hotel now turn their attention to dinner in the evening. As other guests have commented the restaurant is not very popular, no doubt because of the proximity of numerous establishments close by which are much cheaper. We ate there once when the rain outside was at its heaviest, we ordered chateaubriand for the two of us. The waiter clearly had difficulty carving the meat, we initially suggested he should sharpen his knife unfortunately it was because the cut of meat was tough and inedible, too tough to eat. The waiter apologised, took it back and offered a replacement but by that time we had lost our appetite. If the hotel wants guests to utilise the restaurant I believe they need to make more effort to encourage people to eat there.

This apart everything else was first class, we had requested a ground floor room and this is what we got. You have your own sun terrace with direct access to the swimming pool, perfect. All the staff were excellent even when rain water was pouring into the breakfast room and the reception area, they dealt with it as well as could be expected. I would agree with a previous reviewer however the pillows on the bed are much too soft and uncomfortable, a choice would be welcomed

We have visited the area a number of times and we believe it is the best hotel in the area, its position cannot be beaten. On the beach within walking access to both Los Cristianos and Las Americas and next door to the Safari Centre. I have no doubt we will return.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a must
4  Thank Cloughie2
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Hotel Sir Anthony, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for posting it here on Tripadvisor.

I´m glad to read that you have noticed some improvements on our breakfast service. I know that this wasn´t our best point during your last visit and i´m happy tosee that our efforts outcame on a better impression on our service and team. Hopefully we will be able to improve our dinner atmosphere soon.

I will pass your congratulations to Miss Rosa Dobón and her team as your comments are the best encouragement for all of them.

I would also like to wish you a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2014.

Esteban Sedano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Cleopatra Palace Hotel
Europe Villa Cortes
#7 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora

Been to Hotel Sir Anthony? Share your experiences!