me, my partner and our 10 month old daughter went to stay at the columbas in april 2012 for a week, before we left i read some reviews and automatically paniced after all the bad ones but after speaking to thomas they ensured us all will be fine so we went.. well on arrival there was one person on check ins so we ended up waitin 20mins to check in with a baby to feed.. on arrival of our room on the fourth floor it was clean with a view of the pool but a major concern was the cot they had provided had massive stains and holes in it so much so our daughter slept in our bed the first night as i couldnt possible put her in it,, the staff were rude and completely ignored us infact only one waitress called tamalyn even achknowleged our daughter the whole time we were there.. the entertainment was rubbish and so loud we only went one night. (im 22 and it was too loud for even me).. another problem was you couldnt walk to the other side of the hotel (as its split in two) with out walking straight past the pool which was terrible with a pushchair as you'd get wet or i was scared id fall in,. the food was ok but never hot enough.. there was only one bar so we had to wait forever for a drink as your only allowed one drink per person!! the only advantages were the location.. one thing i was so excited for was taking my daughter swimming..well this never happened, there may have been two pools which one was meant to be heated but they were that cold i only ever saw no more than 3 people in it for a whole day.. some days it was never used.. THIS hotel may only be 3 star but they certainly let you know it.. you have to pay 1euro for the tv per hour and pay 30euros deposit for remote.
After reading a sign saying bedding cleaned twice a week i almost laughed with anger as ours wasnt changed at all, i got some remains of my hair dye on the pillow the first night and it was still there when we left a week later!! all they do is make your bed not change it which made me feel sick... the free snacks (as we were all inclusive) were shocking they were so limited you could only get certained times of the day and there wasnt much on the menu, the free ice cream was always strawberry and came in a plastic cup with one scoop... not worth getting and the bread was so thin you'd have to have 3 to even make you feel full.. One thing i was scared of was peoples bad reviews about noise, i can say they werent lieing, we were on the fourth floor and could hear staff and drunk people until at least 5 in the morning, fortunetly my daughter slept threw it..I DIDNT!! all in all were glad we went but we wont be returning!! you've bin warned!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel is perfect for your vacation with your family or with your partner in Playa de Las Americas. Recently refurbished, the resort is perfectly located in the center of Playa de Las Americas. A few minutes walk from the most popular nightlife areas of the south, from the best restaurants and shopping centers as well as the best beaches and sports centers of Playa de Las Americas. Also, it is just a few minutes from famous landmarks such as Siampark (the largest water park in Europe), Hard Rock Cafe, and the Theater of Carmen Mota (famous flamenco dancer) The hotel has double and quadruple rooms where you can choose Half Board or All Inclusive for our stay and also has Studios and Apartments with its own Kitchen to stay on Self Catering or stay and breakfast. The hotel offers modern facilities in an Arabic style architecture. It has some heated outdoor pools where you can swim all year round. It also has a jacuzzi, Spa & Wellness Centre, restaurants, hairdressers, Laundry Self Service, Nightclub, Game Room, Internet Room, Playground, Fountains and Garden, Solarium, Animation Team, and Children's Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Onthebeach, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kn Columbus Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Columbus Hotel Tenerife
- Columbus Tenerife
- Hotel Columbus Tenerife
- Columbus Apartments Tenerife
- Aparthotel Columbus Tenerife
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas