Where to start..
Went to the Columbus for a week away with my husband. The young girls at reception were lovely, gave us our keys to our room which was on the top floor. The room we were given was horrible so we went back to reception to see if any other rooms were available. The girls were busy dealing with other guests and the man at reception couldn't have made us feel more uncomfortable if he tried, very arrogant! He eventually gave us our new room key card (room 126) on the first floor and it was bearable.
The room was slightly better, in need of a good clean and refurb.
Cockroaches running everywhere from beds to bathroom sink.
Ants on the balcony, floor was filthy. I had to ask reception to clean the floor! The maid, made our beds that's all she done! We never had clean sheets during our stay or soap in the bathroom to wash out hands. (We had to buy soap at the shop!) The sheets had cigarette burns all over them as well. Very unhygienic! As for the noise, there were a few hen and stag do's and they were very noisy outside the front of the hotel resulting in sleepless nights. As the saying goes..you pay for what you get but we certainly never paid for dirty rooms and an infestation of cockroaches! Wouldn't stay here again nor would I recommend anyone to stay at the Columbus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel is perfect for your vacation with your family or with your partner in Playa de Las Americas. Recently refurbished, the resort is perfectly located in the center of Playa de Las Americas. A few minutes walk from the most popular nightlife areas of the south, from the best restaurants and shopping centers as well as the best beaches and sports centers of Playa de Las Americas. Also, it is just a few minutes from famous landmarks such as Siampark (the largest water park in Europe), Hard Rock Cafe, and the Theater of Carmen Mota (famous flamenco dancer) The hotel has double and quadruple rooms where you can choose Half Board or All Inclusive for our stay and also has Studios and Apartments with its own Kitchen to stay on Self Catering or stay and breakfast. The hotel offers modern facilities in an Arabic style architecture. It has some heated outdoor pools where you can swim all year round. It also has a jacuzzi, Spa & Wellness Centre, restaurants, hairdressers, Laundry Self Service, Nightclub, Game Room, Internet Room, Playground, Fountains and Garden, Solarium, Animation Team, and Children's Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kn Columbus Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Aparthotel Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Columbus Hotel Tenerife
- Columbus Tenerife
- Hotel Columbus Tenerife
- Columbus Apartments Tenerife
- Aparthotel Columbus Tenerife
- Kn Columbus Aparthotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas