“Bed bugs!”

Kn Columbus Aparthotel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I have just been to stay at this hotel for a short break I the sun and I am sorry to say the bed I stayed in room 180 was infested in bed bugs and I was seriously bitten after 2 nights. I lifted the mattress and there they were. I had to go to the doctor in London as I was covered from head to toe in bites. having been back a few days in London now the bites are still very red and I really hope I am not scarred after this holiday. SHAME ON COLUMBUS HOTEL for letting in infestation get do bad!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank Leanne K

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hotel for a week on the 16th of July. After reading the reviews I was extremely worried and even considered changing my accommodation but I am glad I didn't.
We can across a few rude staff members and the food isn't the best, not as much selection as we wished.
Apart from that the pool is a key location for the sun and the music round the pool adds to the good vibes, the strip is a 5 minute walk and is so close to Siam park which is a must.

Cleanliness was not a problem either.

1  Thank Chelseawalsh1
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Columbus Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I would like first of all to thank you because you gave us your confidence coming to our hotel despite the bad reviews. Also your comments about our rude members and the poor food selection will be very usefull to be improving our hotel and facilities. I hope the next time you come to our hotel you can check by yourself our improvements. The Management.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. I couldn't fault it, we had an amazing time. I don't understand the bad reviews at all and people shouldn't listen to them, it is not a 'party hotel' in the slightest. I am 19 and my boyfriend is 22 and we felt it was a mix of families, couples and younger groups. Yes there is refurbishing going on but only on a small part of the hotel and only in the morning, we only had one night where there was lots of noise, although this lasted for only 20 minutes. I do agree the food does become a bit repetitive but you deal with it, although we did end up eating out a few nights. We weren't spoken to rudely or abruptly by any of the staff and we're always helpful when we needed it. As for the 'bed bug's' and cockroaches we only seen a few cockroaches which werent even in our room and no 'bed bugs' in sight. The rooms were cleaned/sheets changed/ towels changed you just had to read the leaflet that was left in your room which told you exactly what to do, so i don't understand the Complaints on that front. The pool was fantastic and the atmosphere around it Ws great, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all and it was always funny to watch the children soaking everyone. We both thourally enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

The strip is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel
and there is also another one which is about half an hour away, both have many pub, shops and restaurants.

Siam park and loro parque are both amazing and definitely worth a visit, although loro parque is a fair bit away, 2 and a half hours On the bus and 130 euros in a taxi, but it is worth it

Overall we had an amazing time and couldn't have asked for better, only thing would be more variety within the food and some refurbishment on the outside of the hotel. Other than that had a brillant stay and wouldn't hesitate to going back

8  Thank abbie121094

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel the way you did it. So, I have to say that reading reviews like yours it is worth the effort that everyone is making. Thank you very much again and sincerely I hope to welcome you again in our hoteol very soon. The Management.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Came back yesterday from a week at the Columbus... I didn't see one cockroach, my room was spotless and cleaned daily, Food was okay... nothing to rave about - breakfast was good but annoying that it shuts at 10... if you are late to bed you don't wanna be getting up for breakfast at like 9...
Bar snacks where decent enough and the pool side bar/snack place was awesome. We where all inclusive but did choose to eat out a couple of nights as there wasn't much variety. Wifi was okay... had to keep logging in. TV was 1 euro for an hour of tv... not worth it.
I was in a group of 10... 3 couples and 4 singles... I had my own room which was one of the upgraded/refurbed rooms - however my fellow travellers had paid for an upgrade and there rooms where old and not upgraded. Poolside get up and get a sunlounger at about 8/9... lots of kids by the pool which was annoying at 10am when they where screaming... Nice to sit by the pool at night and have a drink.
Sadly there where still refurbs going on which Jet2 said wouldn't make a difference wit our holiday however I got woke up by drilling...
AC was good in my room, 30 euros and you got it back at the end of the holiday.
Basically its a basic, clean hotel which is perfect if your using it as a base camp... I would stay here again but id ask for my exact room (313)

Room Tip: Pool view rooms tended to be the refurbed ones
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MissRandomBolton

Many thanks for your positive comments and I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the island. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel in the next future. The Management.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Im young and all i wanted was to get away, spend as little as possible, and to have a good time in the weather. I was shocked that for the price i payed it was actually reasonable. I cant see how people can complain as the area was good, you could sleep And the food was okay. I dont know what people are expecting from a hotel close by to the strip. If your young and looking for somewhere cheap but not horrible, this is the place. Wouldnt recommend to any one over 30!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Hannah H

I am very pleased you liked our facilities. Also I would like to inform you that actually we are trying to have a nice mix of guests of different ages that everyone can enjoy the place. It is true that sometimes they are more guests of a certain age, but we do not want to be a hotel of a certain age. In any case, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel. The Management.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a two week all inclusive stay here but only managed a week! Arrived knowing there was construction work happening on one side of the building but was assured by thomas cook it wasnt on the side we would be staying in. Checked in to find that we were in the old self catering rooms with no air conditioning and most of our floor was under construction (drilling, hammering and banging from 8am on) again not as described. Rooms were not cleaned for a week, no new bed sheets either had to go down to reception to ask for fresh towels come the third day which is disgusting!
The pool area was nice but nowhere near enough sun loungers you had to wake up early to get them! The bar staff was mixed some nice others had attitude the drinks were basic local lager, crap vodka which ruins your throat, peach schnapps, rum etc. Food was ok enough choice to get you through the week but we did have a few lads with dodgy stomachs.
The strip was ok same story different night..watered down drinks terrible deals on offer from the reps outside the bars. And no decent djz to look forward to at tramps just fekt like a waste of time! A few of us decided enough was enough couldnt bare to stay the extra week so used some of our euro to get an early flight home!

2  Thank Wiggzst

I really feel very sorry you did not had a good experience with us. About the drilling works beginning at 8 am it is really strange,because by law they have to begin at 10 am and finish at 17 pm. I would like to inform you also that all the building works we are having are to improve our service to our guests, including you, because I would like to have the opportunity to turn your negative experience to another completely different experience. The Management.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

the hotel complex looks very nice but once inside beware.The first room they gave us was not fit to stay in, think dirty, disgusting, The 3rd bed for my daughter was a very thin dirty mattress on a piece of ply board. our bed was not much better, the squashed cockroaches that were killed by the last occupant were still their. We complained straight away and was moved to a recently renovated room which was very nice, there were a couple of minor things like sink falling of wall but overall a 1,000 per cent better than the first room. The hotel is full of 18 to 30 year old drunks who come out in the early hours of the morning to shout and have sex were every they can. unless you get up around 7 you will not get a sunbeds although 75% of the beds are not used until mid afternoon. THERE IS BUILDING WORK GOING ON THEY START AT 9 AM NOISEY AND DIRTY.Very rude reception staff especially reception manager.We thrown out of our room by a rude aggressive security guard at 11am on the morning of our departure even though we had arranged to stay in our room until 11pm, we had written confirmation of this but reception staff refused to read our letter and were rude and obnoxious. We read all the reviews on this hotel and thoght it possibly can't be that bad.BUT IT WAS PLEASE STAY AWAY ITS NOT A HOLLIDAY ITS A NIGHTMARE. UNLESS YOU ARE AROUND 18 WANT TO GET DRUNK AND HAVE SEX ANYWERE.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank STEPHEN H
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Columbus Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear sir, I am pleased you have enjoyed the renovated room, but about that our hotel ia 18/30 age I would like to inform you that our hotel try to have a nice mix of ages. It is true that certain period of the year could be more for 18/30, but the majority we try to mantain a good balance. Also, about the building works they begin every day at 10 am by law, and the staff is not allowed to come into the hotel till 9:50. I feel very sorry about you had to leave the room on the way you described. I will talk to this person. I remember that in the afternoon I gave you a room to be till your departure. I inform you that we have renewed our reception staff. One thing I want to specify and it is that in our hotel you can not have sex anywhere and we have not drunk people anywhere, therefore we have our security staff plus our own staff. In any case, I thank you for your comments, we always want to improve and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel that you can check our improvements. The Management.