“Great location worth every penny.”

Kn Columbus Aparthotel
GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great location worth every penny.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Hotels in great location short walk to beach and shops/restaurants surrounding. Was really worried about staying in this hotel and the good due to the reviews on here!! We were all inclusive and actually had not a thing to worry about good was lush room was cleaned everyday and staff got tips on a daily basis for being so polite! We are now planning are return for October this year!!

• Stayed July 2014
11 Thank Teemariexx1
AparthotelColumbus, Gerente at Kn Columbus Aparthotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Many thanks for your positive comments and I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the island. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel in the net future. The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (918)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We thought the hotel was great, it was always clean & tidy, the staff were friendly. Our bedding was made every day and was changed when we asked them too, our towels were also changed everyday. Our room was always clean... The food was lovely, there was a lot of choice for breakfast lunch and dinner..you won't go hungry! A really wonderful stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Vanessa P
I am very pleased your stay. I´ll give your comments to our housekeeping and restaurant department. I hope to have in the next future the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel.
The Management.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just returned aug 2014. Overall we had a good time. Ill start with bad points, food ok but can be a bit repetitive after a wk, breakfast was good but other meals seemed to be just pork, if ur a fussy eater its not for you, rooms basic but they are basically for sleeping, maids didnt come in at all for 2 days of our 11 day stay and the one day put a dirty towel we left for laundry back on the towel rail, not swept either, room has a tv but u have to pay a euro per hr, big issue was the sunbeds, people down between 7 30 to 8.00 waiting for sunbedsto be available when they are unlocked at 8.00, by 8.20 they have all been taken, we spotted one family put towels on their beds at 8.00 and they went off and didnt come back till 3.00pm, this was a regular occurence. Good points, staff friendly, 2 nice pools, not far to walk to nightlife and the sea, generally it is a nice hotel in a nice area, we did have a good time and dont let my bad points put u off, a visit to loro parque is a must.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Neil P
I thank you very much for your comments abour our hotel and staff. Also I appreciate your comments about our restaurant and housekeeping. I will insist with the chef on the variety of menus and about the housekeeper I inform you that we are scheduled according our tour operator contract, for a 7 nights stay we clean 5 days, 3 days towel change and 2 days sheets change. In any case, I hope to welcome you again in our hotel. The Management.
Padiham
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent a week here in the self catering half of the hotel. The hotel is basically in two halves. One side is all inclusive and the other seems to be self catering . However on the self catering side the workmen start at 8 o'clock knocking down walls. tiles etc. It's obvious that the self catering side needs updating but I felt that we could have been warned. Still, although the place is a bit dated it's clean enough and served a purpose, even though the whole of our side of the hotel was full of dust. Lets hope the refurbishment is over with soon .

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the main road were very noisy once the rush hour started. Try to avoid rooms o...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pthomasfisher
First of all thanks for your comments. We will consider all your comments. About the refurbishment, I would like to inform you that the works will be finished end of September and please let me welcome you in the future in our hotel that you can see that the effort has worth it. The Management.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and was quite disappointed. We was woke up everyday at 9am but of hotel construction work that was going on throughout the hotel, that we wasn't aware of beforehand. When i put in a complaint and asked to move rooms, the hotel tried to charge me which i refused to pay. when we did move rooms it didnt make one slight bit of difference. There was no air con in the hotel rooms and it was 50 euro to upgrade room each night and 20 euro to hire out a fan each night. There was also no remote for the tv as again you have to pay a charge to hire out the controller.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Hannah L
I would like to inform you that we never begin our building works before 10 am because by law the schedule is from 10 am to 5 pm. Also on our reception we got an information board where all clients can see the charges of any upgrade. About the comment of the charge for a remote control this is not a charge, it is a deposit. At the end of the stay of the client we give it back. In any case, I would like to inform you that the works will be finished in September and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel and that you can see that the effort has worth it. The Management.

Travellers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

just came back form a 10 day stay here, after reading the reviews I was terrified at what it was going to be like but it was fine. The room was basic, clean ish and felt safe, no air con but it wasn't that warm, I would say it is a disaster when its hotter. We were on the floor that is getting refurbished but it wasn't an issue as we were out all day. Didn't have food at the hotel so can't comment on that. I seen there were loads of comments about this been for 18-30 but when was there it was full of families, i would say any age group would fit in. The one thing i didn't like was that there are not enough loungers for the size of the hotel. You need to be up at 8am to get one. The location is great, short walk to the strip and beach. Shops and restaurants right beside the hotel. overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank jenchanted
Many thanks for your positive comments and I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the island. About the sunbeds I will take note.I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel in the next future. The Management.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Please consider this review when thinking of booking this hotel!

I stayed in this hotel in July 2014 with a group of 8 people aged between 18-22...NEVER AGAIN!

If you have ever herd of the saying "you cant go with the reviews" thats not true as i looked up all bad review of this hotel and ignored them... Big mistake.

I dont want to write an essay here but i feel the need to let people know of the experience i had staying at the columbus hotel.

- We were charged €300 (€150 per room) when we turned up at reception after being Locked out of our rooms for according to the manager we were "too loud" (baring in mind this hotel is advertised for young adults).
I cannot stress to you reading this we were not that loud, we are not all drinkers like your stereotypical teenagers of today. After fining us they then warned us if this happened again we were all going to be put out on the streets! This was our first night as as you can imagine this ruined our holiday as it was like walking in egg shells the whole time here.
- The staff, where do i start! (Exempt a few individuals) they are the worst mannered people i have came across. They don't speak to you, they are rude when asking for drinks/food etc, they clearly do not want to be there, if i could of got there names i would name them here. It makes you feel so u welcome and really horrible!
- You will NOT get a sun bed! People get up at dawn to put their towels on them and throughout the day more than half are not being used peoples towels are just sitting on them.
- You have to pay for everything, safe, air con, tv, TV remote, extra towels, extra room keys, by the time you pay for all this your skint!
- We had no maid service for two days running, no towels or clean sheets
- The bed i was in was broken an they refused to fix it

I could go on and on but i hope you get the point I'm trying to make... We were on holiday and it was more stressful than being at home with all your worries back home.

Please consider this review when looking into this hotel! I don't want anyone to experience what we did as i feel i need another holiday!

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank Morgan_bisset
I inform you that even if our hotel would be only for young adults, we got other guests to be respected late night, so this mean no noise by night. Also I would like to say we did not charge clients with 150€ for being noisy. We took a deposit which is different and guests were advised by our security man. About our staff I consider they are very professional but in any case we will keep an eye to improve this point. About you have to pay everything in our hotel I would like to say that the majority of the cases it is a deposit, not a charge. The comment about the housekeeper I inform you that we are scheduled according our tour operator contract, for a 7 nights stay we clean 5 days, 3 days towel change and 2 days sheets change. About that we refused to fix the bed I do not think we never would do it but I´ll investigate the case. In any case, I hope to welcome you again in our hotel. The Management.